Thread: Homeopathy and Homoeopathy

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Homeopathy and Homoeopathy

The older books and the "non-Americans" tend to use HOMOEOPATHY while everyone else used HOMEOPATHY.

Would it be possible for both to show up in a search e.g. for books. The two words together are too long to put into the title as well as the title of the book, so people searching, who may not even know that there are two places they have to look, will miss out, and the sellers will miss out too.

Thank you

Anne

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's a much bigger request than first appears, because if you make one regional/historical variation work that way, you open the door to having to make them *all* do it.

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    That's a much bigger request than first appears, because if you make one regional/historical variation work that way, you open the door to having to make them *all* do it.
    Point taken. But . . . *all* won't be wanting everything tomorrow, just as and when another application is made. AND, afterall, we are all here to sell our goods, and the importance of the buyer being able to find what they are looking for is vital.

To use my example, if you search Homeopathy there are about 50 listings, but the first timer on eBid who puts in Homoeopathy finds an offering of 7 listings, and probably his/her response is "Why bother with eBid - nothing there".

eBid has come on in leaps and bounds in the year or so I have been a member - five free pictures etc etc. I don't think it is beyond the capabilities of either the programmers or the system to help buyers find what they want in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm not so sure that it would be a big problem. Many search engines permit users (in this case, eBid) to include synonyms, so something like this could be done fairly easily.

However, it will depend on which system we get. The guys have already said that they will be changing the search software soon, so we'll just have to wait and see.

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

On a similar note, you’ll be amazed at how many listings run with huge spelling mistakes in the titles… again depends on how you spell things yourself as to whether or not you find them!

Blessings
    Sharon

On a similar note, you’ll be amazed at how many listings run with huge spelling mistakes in the titles… again depends on how you spell things yourself as to whether or not you find them!

Which I have used to great advantage on feebay in the past - entering deliberate miss-spells into searches!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information