Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Silver and Gold Bullion Marketplace

Default Silver and Gold Bullion Marketplace

Hello,

I just signed up as an ebid.net seller. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can attract buyers for silver and gold bullion? Ebay has a huge marketplace for this, but the fees make it prohibitive for a small time seller like me who is just getting started.

Does anyone have an account at http://goldismoney.info/forums/ ?

That forum only allows people to register during the first three days of the month. However, it would be a great place to promote ebid.net as a silver and gold marketplace.

Please suggest your ideas. I'd love to hear them.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buyers will come when they find us... the AD's are out there.
    This is NOT an... offer and you sell fast. Patience is much required here. Spamming only hurts. I could go on... but after 13 years in online auctions it would be a waste of time with ???? forthcoming and back and fourth nowheresville as the answer.

thanks FBNeNotes,

I will be patient. I am also competitively pricing my auctions. Almost all of the silver bullion auctions' starting bids are way over what you would pay in a local coin shop. I believe that the starting bids have to be lower than coin shop prices.

For example: My coin shop is charging $6 above spot right now for silver. I put the starting bid of my first auction at about $4.25 about spot. The only way people are going to bid is if they feel they are getting a good deal.

When buyers come, the prices have to be competitive. Otherwise they will leave.

Of course, I'm speaking just for bullion sales, which is a commodity market. Coins and banknotes are entirely different and I won't pretend to give advice about pricing for those.

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome TroyOunce! eBid is growing by leaps and bounds, but you still have to really push your stuff. Might try "The Kitchen Table" forum for lots of info and links as to what you can do to promote your store. Good to see more US sellers here. Glad to have you here.
    Poppa

Forum Newbie
    View wmcarl's Feedback (+32)
    All-About wmcarl
    View wmcarl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default gold in the troy grain

I'm looking for 22-24 karat .999 gold in the grain, can anyone direct me to a seller.

Thanks
    Bill

Forum Newbie
    View silvermonger's Feedback (+1)
    All-About silvermonger
    View silvermonger's Listings
    Forum Posts

$6 over spot! For silver bullion?! That is insane! I am new here too and trying to sell silver bullion. My price here is much lower than I can sell on Ebay (and still make it worthwhile). I figure eventually the word will get out and someone buying silver isn't going to care much whether they get it on Ebay or eBid as long as they feel they can trust the seller.

Thread Information