Thread: Question What have you done to advertise ebid

Forum Newbie
    View BenM66's Feedback (+11)
    All-About BenM66
    View BenM66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bedel View Post
    Hi
    As a relative newbie here Tho 9 years on the Bay I was wondering if anyone was interested in making a list of the ways that you have been advertising Ebid to the outside world , im still looking for more ideas
    Ive sent 2500 emails to everyone who paid via paypal telling them about my store here and why ive moved most of my stock here , ive emailed everyone on my address book the same info , and as I have still got a small amout of goods on the bay if they sell ( at inflated prices to cover the FVF cost ) i send confirmation emails with the same info ,
    ive also just registered with yahoo forums so i can infiltrate them as soon as I have the time
    Derek
    Hi I have never had a store before although I sold some items on ebay and other auction website, now I have, I have recently added google merchant account and google add words, I have also paid to be subscribed into thousands of search engines which only cost $29 one time fee, which certainly cant hurt and I would recommend, there is also Craigslist.com, emails unless you know the person intimately for the mopst part get deleted as soon as you send them, I have just made my first sell on here today and it took me 4 months lol but I think that was because before I hadnt tried advertising,unfortunately now I can't even send out the invoice or check my settings as ebid is down at the moments , oh well, good luck to you anyway
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/stores/Arr-Treasure

Forum Lurker
    View bedel's Feedback (+8783)
    All-About bedel
    View bedel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi the last few comments and the way they were answered made me think is there a demand for a chat room here on ebid or could a thread be started at a specific time that could fulfil the same purpose you know bounce ideas of each other in the hope together we could find solutions together that we couldnt work out individually .
    criky ive just reread what i typed and it looks like a blueprint for world domination
    Derek

Forum Newbie
    Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire, United Kingdom
    View KRAFTWORK's Feedback (+305)
    All-About KRAFTWORK
    View KRAFTWORK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

i attend craft fairs and boot sales, i always take my own flyers with me to advertise my shop, and ebid.
    any sales i still get on ebay are given my address at ebid so they can get the stuff cheaper, and it is working.
    i also take business cards with me when i go on holiday, i am always advertising ebid.

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View thebeddingman's Feedback (+239)
    All-About thebeddingman
    View thebeddingman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magpiesnest1 View Post
    Just type it in the search box at the top left and you'll find some. Mandy x
    I think I got the last rolls of it last week. Not sure there is any more out there at the moment.

I take flyers in the car wherever I go - Mostly just publicising eBid - but I also have some for my stores.

This week I have 'infiltrated' The local church office ( A4 poster + 5 bookmarks for staff), another antiques fair (flyers on the door table) 2 people on the bus! (flyers), and a restaurant manager (flyer and A4 poster)

OK - they may not 'bite' but they may come and take a look and will know what we are!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View ttelyob's Feedback (+1495)
    All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

I look after a couple of websites in our village, have added three links on the main page of one of them, will be adding links on the other one when I next update, check out the links on the Etchingham Web Site

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I often have a peep at the feebay forums.Does no harm to reply to topics and give a balanced view on the pages where ebid gets adverse comments from people who've never used it.

I have ebid as a favorite link on my about 'me' page on e**y.

I often have a peep at the feebay forums.

I am on feebay Q & A every day and where possible I point out the advantages of this site.

Have to be careful though - if not they will bar you from posting ( already happened to me!)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information