eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New lister

Red face New lister

Hi,
    I have been a member for about 2 yrs now,but have recently started listing,mainly dies and cardmaking stuff.I have had only 1 sale so far so dissapointed.I have sent flyers and emails to my customers from ebay but so far they seem to be afraid to take the plunge,dispite the no fees policy!!
    Any help welcome.Thanks
    ps/don't know if my link to my shop will work,help if it doesn't please.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/mydiecuthouse-new-store1

Forum Lurker
    View Indigo4's Feedback (+4)
    All-About Indigo4
    View Indigo4's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default hi

just a quick point, had a look at your website and I couldn't figure out what a "die" actually was...

perhaps if you put a bit more of an explanation people might be more interested.

I love the car one whatever it is, it also does seem quite expensive at nearly £20.

Anyway good luck.
    Mel

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View WorleGirl's Feedback (+929)
    All-About WorleGirl
    View WorleGirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there - I would have to agree with Indigo about the £20 tag - especially when the Bid price is so low in comparison! If you are managing to convert these in to sales on the 'other side', then well, we all understand about your situation re: apprehensive customers.

Perhaps you could offer them an incentive that can only be had at your eBid store?....
    Craft Clearout
    (Most new, some hardly used)

Handmade by Jenny
    (my hobby results in lovingly handmade items that need a new home!)

Music

Hi,a "die" is a shaped cutting blade on a platform of wood or plastic covered in rubber with the shape of a car or teddy etc.... to cut out the shapes in card,cardmakers and scrapbookers should know what it is .The price is competative for these items especially if they are custom made to my design,this price is much cheaper to what they would sell on ebay,I just can't fathom why my customers haven't followed me over here!!!!
    Anyway thanks for your input,will try your suggestions.

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Oh, another great tip would be to add a signature and store link (set it up in your User CP) then at least those who are looking on the Forums can casually stumble across your store!

I've only just got in to die-cutting myself and decided to buy a 'digital' die cutting machine where I can create my own designs on the computer without having to buy any £20 one design die-cutters. As this is the new generation of die cutters (though admittedly for the more computer literate), you might find a drop in sales trend for your items at their current cost.

However, I like the prices you have for other items. They seem fair, so I do hope you can attract the custom this way - perhaps dangle a carrot or something!
    Unfortunately we craft suppliers are suffering the difference between both sites, but I would prefer to stick with eBid!

Good Luck!
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would not call that a Die I call it a Template! And Think at £20 its way expensive! But I dont know about these things but if I was going to do something like that I would download a picture and stick it on a board and cut it out!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm afraid I have to agree with everyone else OP. Your dies are very expensive especially when you consider that you can buy a branded name for peanuts and which will work in the die cutting machines that buyers already have. From what I can see your dies are look-a-like copies of branded names (I collect dies) so why buy at £20 when you can buy at £2+ depending on the size. Why not try coming up with your own designs BEFORE the opposition thinks of the idea?

I'm sorry for sounding so brutal OP but I always believe that honesty is best.

I also sell cardmaking supplies and it is much harder to get sales on here but be patient and they will come (I heard that in a film I think )

I wish you the best of Good Luck OP so don't give up! Get your signature sorted out for the forums and go, go, go!
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

No probs:0)... any input is fine by me.I'd like to say these ARE my designs,some are to fit the red sizzix doll as extra outfits,I have these dies especially made and they don't cost peanuts believe me!
    I can pay anything from £12.99 to £18 to have them made + p&p and I think that applies to everyone who has the wooden dies made,unlike branded names manufacturers who have their dies made in thousands probably for pratically next to nothing,hence the low selling price.The thin dies are cheaper to buy ,they are already made and I buy these from America but the postage is high with these too.If you take a look on ebay you can see the prices of some of the wooden dies.I sell these dies so crafters can cut their own diecuts, and sell some too as diecuts and toppers,they recuperate the cost back in no time,I know as I have done this my self.
    Can you tell me what is "your signature"? I'm a basic computer user and don't understand all the terms people use!!
    I'm off to look at your books now Gill I am an avid reader as well as crafting and cardmaking you have a few titles there I haven't seen before.
    Thanks all for your input

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Once you've logged in to the Forums, on the far left of the Banner, you will see "User CP" drop down menu. Click on "Edit Signature" There you can Write your stores (so you will see that all the wording people have under a line of their message is actually their signature). Highlight a store name and click on the Chain/link icon where you can type in the url of your store.

Remember to Tick to include signature everytime you post a message!
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mydiecuthouse View Post
    No probs:0)... any input is fine by me.I'd like to say these ARE my designs,some are to fit the red sizzix doll as extra outfits,I have these dies especially made and they don't cost peanuts believe me!
    I can pay anything from £12.99 to £18 to have them made + p&p and I think that applies to everyone who has the wooden dies made,unlike branded names manufacturers who have their dies made in thousands probably for pratically next to nothing,hence the low selling price.The thin dies are cheaper to buy ,they are already made and I buy these from America but the postage is high with these too.If you take a look on ebay you can see the prices of some of the wooden dies.I sell these dies so crafters can cut their own diecuts, and sell some too as diecuts and toppers,they recuperate the cost back in no time,I know as I have done this my self.
    Can you tell me what is "your signature"? I'm a basic computer user and don't understand all the terms people use!!
    I'm off to look at your books now Gill I am an avid reader as well as crafting and cardmaking you have a few titles there I haven't seen before.
    Thanks all for your input
    Thank you for your purchase diecut. I see Blossom has answered your question about the signature but should you have any problems just come back and ask.

I also have an idea for a diecut that I've been searching for so maybe you can help. I'll pm you over the weekend.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Thread Information