eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving from ebay to ebid - expertise wanted

Default moving from ebay to ebid - expertise wanted

hello guys

I joined ebid a couple of years ago but had very little luck selling anything, naturally I dont like the high fees ebay charge but they did provide the buyers. I want to give this a go again but nothing seems to have changed buyer activity wise from what i can see from the completed listings

I sell dvd's, games, books over there and as of january they are making all sellers provide free postage on there listing's for DVD's..... I can get away with charging buyers less here and still make a higher margin. so just a few questions.

why isn't anyone already selling the latest blockbuster releases and games here?, am I missing something? I want to sell the latest region 2 media to the UK market only. is there a restriction on ebid on this?

also when I list here for a fixed price 'buy it now' style format listing, when people buy the item, is there an option to have them pay immediately. i.e straight to checkout or no buy, no timewasters buying then not coming back to pay etc..?

any help will be most appreciated

regards

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello 3trades

Welcome to eBid As long as your items cannot be found on this list :

http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#28

there's no reason you wouldn't be allowed to list them.

eBid has no restriction on payment methods. You choose how you wish you buyer(s) to pay you. Paypal is available as an option and your buyer will be offered the choice to 'Pay Now'

Hope this helps you a little, but if you need further clarification email support@ebid.tv with all details. Initially, you'll receive an automated email with a 'ticket' number. This should/will be followed shortly by a reply from one of the admin team.

Good luck !

e

cool, thanks for the quick response, how are sales comparing over here compared to the other site for your guys, I'm reading they will be much slower if anything!!!!!!.....

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello 3 trades

I can say this in total honesty. Originally I joined in 07 and never sold the 1 thing I listed ( Wade Horse)..... So I decided not to bother..... How I wish I had been more patient.

I have now sold a few items and have only been listing for a little while. I have made mistakes and NOBODY has given me any grief. I have been helped so much . I have a few items on the other site and that will be that.

This site is growing daily , whilst that site is nothing but stress and complaints. Good luck xx

Angry I'm unsure

I see what you are saying, I've listed my top selling lines on here that I had on ebay, sales on ebay 25 to 30 a week, here NOTHING! I feel that my £49.99 could have been spent better :-(

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mad4filmcells View Post
    I see what you are saying, I've listed my top selling lines on here that I had on ebay, sales on ebay 25 to 30 a week, here NOTHING! I feel that my £49.99 could have been spent better :-(
    Hi, just had a quick peek at your listings and if I may offer a suggestion that you change your length of listing to perhaps 10 days with 10 automatic relists, you will then find that your listings move up the search lists and regularly come to the top of the search. With run til sold your listings will always remain well down the pages and with over 4000 listing shown under a search for film cells, you wont get many views or sales when you dont appear until pages in the 40's.
    There are loads of tips available in the forums for getting noticed more, http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=88268&page=2 has plenty to start you off.

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

Forum Lurker
    View jcersales's Feedback (+162)
    All-About jcersales
    View jcersales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Border, I was gonna check out the link you posted but it isnt working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 3trades View Post
    hello guys

I joined ebid a couple of years ago but had very little luck selling anything, naturally I dont like the high fees ebay charge but they did provide the buyers. I want to give this a go again but nothing seems to have changed buyer activity wise from what i can see from the completed listings

I sell dvd's, games, books over there and as of january they are making all sellers provide free postage on there listing's for DVD's..... I can get away with charging buyers less here and still make a higher margin. so just a few questions.

why isn't anyone already selling the latest blockbuster releases and games here?, am I missing something? I want to sell the latest region 2 media to the UK market only. is there a restriction on ebid on this?

also when I list here for a fixed price 'buy it now' style format listing, when people buy the item, is there an option to have them pay immediately. i.e straight to checkout or no buy, no timewasters buying then not coming back to pay etc..?

regards
    On feebay we only listed what we were prepared to pay for. Listing/relisting fees made it expensive to stock our stores or put lots of items on. We expected to sell everything we listed.

No listing/relisting fees so we stock plenty of items. No, we don't expect to sell 500 in a week or get bids on each one like on feebay. But buyers like choice (& buy multiples), and google gets us super exposure by whipping 500 items into cyberspace.

Here the more you list the more you sell because of the google link.By keeping 450 items on, I sell at least 2 items a day (i.e 20 items would generate nothing)

BIN does NOT require immediate payment. No sales do here. Rules are more reasonable, so you in turn must learn to be more reasonable with buyers. i.e. no pushing for fast payment, no threats of filing nonpayment in a few days etc.

Welcome to ebid. Check out info on past forums for tips on selling. Once you get set up you should have your first sale within 2-3 weeks. If not, come back and we will suggest tweeks to get sales going.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Good Luck to you...

hello guys

regards
    Well I hope you make it with New release movies in here good luck, I have last year about 700 DVDs New Release in here for sale and I sold some of but not enough for real money is just no buyers in that numbers I hope you sell more of me and by the way I just after that move all New Release for other Auction and all is gone in just a two and half months...Right now I have many games but still same many Visitors but ??? so I still selling right now in other Auction games and average is about 5-6 in one day, I just sell make profit buy more for less and go again that's Business day to day and only like this you can make it big money and profit and Business is about Money not for Fun...Well as I say I hope you have more luck of me in here good day to you and I wish you good luck for selling in here...

Forum Newbie
    All-About bwawa
    View bwawa's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Completed Listings

hello guys

regards
    I can't even FIND Completed Items. It really helps for research reasons.

Thread Information