Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Paypal - postage & combining payments (Part 2)

Question Paypal - postage & combining payments (Part 2)

Hullo again peeps,

I have closed my original thread on Members Support and come back home to The Kitchen Table because I still need to know the answer to part of my original problem. The Kitchen Table was always a good place at home.

Combining Postage I still cannot do
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by klj
    Steven -
    You also need to go into your PayPal account, profile, postage calculations. At the bottom of that page click trans-action based. This will allow the postage amount you chose to be attached to your invoice when your buyers pay via PayPal.

SO someone please, please enlighten me. I have followed the instructions here to the letter, I think, BUT still I see all the various postage fees, AND still the buyer could not change the postage. Yes! I know! I am missing something!!!! My marbles???

So the customer and I gave up and I sent a direct request for money for the correct amount. So that's now all done and dusted.

BUT for the future, how do I make PayPal accept my postage price on a combined purchase. After following, I hope and firmly believe, the above instructions, I still could not change the invoice to say the new/actual postage. PayPal puts in the totals of the individual items of postage and charges its 3.4% on £19.90, rather than £7.85

The customer tells me that when he received the PayPal invoice he could not change it either.

Help me, please!

All the best, Steven

Press and check me out?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not sure I follow what you're hoping or expecting will happen. As I understand it all you can do is alter the total shipping amount by choosing a discount amount (pounds or percentage) to be applied. All KLJ's instructions were for, was to stop any pre-set postage values set for use elsewhere being used to over-write your ebid charges, as I understand it.

What more than that are you hoping for?

The way I understand multiple purchases which would allow the seller to combine the items bought and P&P onto one invoice is -

from the AAL log - Items sold - click onto the buyer concerned - this will bring up an invoice, but also above that a bar with a pull down window at the rh side. This bar contains a second item. Somewhere in that area is the wording 'include this item'. Follow that procedure until all the appropriate items are added for that buyer. The invoice window will change at each addition.

When finished as above, scroll down to view the invoice. On the rh side, it shows each item value and p&p, with the items total and p&p total at the bottom. Around the totals area is another little box with either '£' and '%' in the pull down option. To allocate the appropriate discount, select either the % or £ and enter the discount you wish. I normally click the mouse off of the invoice, and the total alters according to the amount of discount entered in the box.

It should allow you then to send the invoice to the buyer, with the discount applied.

I hope this helps.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

As Babs says. I normally apply a discount in £ rather then %, but I think this is only 100% foolproof if you only offer one delivery method (i.e. just 1st class or 2nd class or "signed for"). Percentage or £ discount offer could vary according to the various options and there is only one box to make adjustments.

Hi Kimbo, Babs & Marianne,

Thanks for your swift and helpful replies.

I think you are all telling me that I can't have what I want. No change there then. I'm a big boy and I know how to get there somehow, in fact that is what I did this time after a few emails with the customer. But let me check it out again, I'm not as quick as when I was a pilot in yet another life. How many lives has this cat had?

What I want to do is, when I have combined the prices using eBids wonder mechanism which I was shown earlier, then I want to charge a totally different price for the postage.

Postage individually on the 7 books was a total of £19.90, BUT as a parcel, it was £7.85, including my p&p.

I am sure I did this regularly with PayPal on the darkside, but seem unable to cope here. This may well be because my mind is mostly blank and I am remembering nonsense, or because it just can't be done here, but I want to know, so that I can cope. LOL!

It would be very helpful, for a silver surfer, if someone would simply tell me if I have read right, that I can't have what I want.

All the very best, Thanks, Steven

Press and check me out?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the total postage comes to 19.90 and you only want to charge 7.85, apply a discount to shipping of, er... 12.05 (it's late!) and that should be fine. Make sure you select "£" in the discount type, as the default is "%".

Steven,
    If you have just one postage charge in your listings (like I do; 1st for UK, Airmail for ROW), you can have what you want.
    I.e. sell 5 items to one buyer. Individually postage would be let's say £10, but because you're combining it into one package, it will only be £6. You can apply a £4 discount in the little box at the bottom of your invoice. However, this does not show up for your buyer until he/she clicks "pay now", which may be a bit confusing.
    Last weekend I had someone buying 19 items from me. I applied the necesarry discount, but put a little note on the invoice explaining this to my buyer (as she was a newbie) and received payment according to the invoice I sent her.

Thanks

Ahh! Yes! Now I understand. Reeeealy!

I must discount by the £ amount that I am taking off the combined postage, and I should explain to the customer in the note on the invoice that they need to click 'pay now' before they can see the actual figure to pay.

I will print those comments out now and stick them on the wall.

Now I am ready for people to make multiple buys this weekend. So! I better stop talking rubbish with one finger and get listing. LOL!

Thanks so much everybody for being so patient.

All the best,

Steven

Press and check me out?

Thread Information