Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After paying for the item....

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are certain verification details you need to pass in order to be an eBid member. If your details do not match all the criteria, then you will not be able to trade here.

If you suspect fraudulent dealings going on here, contact support@ebid.net and alert them of this and they will investigate.

~Jan~

Forum Newbie
    All-About nimshan
    View nimshan's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not clear what kind of veryfication they do. When I get eBid membership they accept what ever I gave. (I don't sell)
    For a example the person I was talking about has a full name and home address displayed under his Item. I serched him US name database and MSN map. Both are wrong. There is a no person like that unless he is under age and there is no address like that unles that home build today or yesterday.
    My idea is ebid must veryfy their name, address before let them to start selling here. Otherwise they can't stop loosing innocent sellers money like this.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello and I hope you can get sorted out ...but I have to say ..I think even with a credit card....it has to be over a certain amount before they will refund...but at the moment you seem to be getting into a tiz about something that mught never happen......Papa.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nimshan View Post
    I'm not clear what kind of veryfication they do. When I get eBid membership they accept what ever I gave. (I don't sell)
    For a example the person I was talking about has a full name and home address displayed under his Item. I serched him US name database and MSN map. Both are wrong. There is a no person like that unless he is under age and there is no address like that unles that home build today or yesterday.
    My idea is ebid must veryfy their name, address before let them to start selling here. Otherwise they can't stop loosing innocent sellers money like this.
    I am not talking about buyers.
    As I already said, eBid do stringent checkups to verify that seller's details correspond ie name, address, credit card etc. If any of those details don't match up, eBid will not let a prospective seller do business on here and are blocked until such details have been sorted out.

I don't think it is always possible to locate names and addresses on the internet. In fact, when I do a search for my own name and address, I cannot find it.

Again, I recommend you contact support@ebid.net and give them the opportunity to investigate.

~Jan~

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nimshan View Post
    I have to pay for one one item I have bought already. But somebody tell me What is the garantee I have that I'm going to have that Item or not. If seller didn't send item what can I do. Can I get my money back? or may I lost my money?

*** What is the safest payment method for like this purchase?
    The transaction is between you and the seller. whether you can get your money back depends on how you paid. However it's much safer to be sure about the seller before you bid
    If you were happy with what previous customers have said about the seller (e.g their feedback record), which their terms and conditions, selling history and any other information they have provided about themselves as a seller ( e.g their 'all about me' page). The quality of the listing satisfied you all was in order, good description, original photographs rather than stock photos etc.. , the speed the answered questions placed on their listings, the choice of payment methods offered ( for high valie items, you could consider using escrow) then it'll probably be e very succesful transaction.

If you were not sure about the seller, then the risk is yours. Can I ask what persuaded you to bid?

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    The transaction is between you and the seller. whether you can get your money back depends on how you paid. However it's much safer to be sure about the seller before you bid
    If you were happy with what previous customers have said about the seller (e.g their feedback record), which their terms and conditions, selling history and any other information they have provided about themselves as a seller ( e.g their 'all about me' page). The quality of the listing satisfied you all was in order, good description, original photographs rather than stock photos etc.. , the speed the answered questions placed on their listings, the choice of payment methods offered ( for high valie items, you could consider using escrow) then it'll probably be e very succesful transaction.

If you were not sure about the seller, then the risk is yours. Can I ask what persuaded you to bid?
    Extremely well put.
    ~Jan~

I would like to comment on the chargeback issue with credit cards. I was recently scammed on eBid by someone who was a verified seller. However, it turned out that he had listed his home address as a resort in Las Vegas. Anyway... after I realized that I had indeed been scammed and wasn't going to get my item, I contacted Google Check-Out (what I used to pay for the item) to initiate an investigation. I didn't hear anything back from them for a while, so I called my Credit Card company (I paid for the item thru Google Check-Out with a credit card). Now this is a MAJOR CREDIT CARD company with the largest back in North America. Know what they told me? That I should never purchase items from places like eBay and other online auction houses; that I should stick with "real" merchant places, and that I would have to work with Google to get a refund. In other words, they bascially told me to go #$% myself.

So I kept corresponding with Google, and lo and behold, I finally got my refund. It took several weeks and a lot of nagging emails to them, but they finally refunded me every penny, and I'm pretty sure they paid for it out of their own pocket. So even though it took a bit of nagging to get my money back, I am quite happy with the results of paying through Google Check-Out.

As far as my credit card though the country's leading banking service... BLECH!!! As soon as I get that card paid off, they won't have to worry about me anymore.

ßob

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorBear View Post
    I would like to comment on the chargeback issue with credit cards. I was recently scammed on eBid by someone who was a verified seller. However, it turned out that he had listed his home address as a resort in Las Vegas. Anyway... after I realized that I had indeed been scammed and wasn't going to get my item, I contacted Google Check-Out (what I used to pay for the item) to initiate an investigation. I didn't hear anything back from them for a while, so I called my Credit Card company (I paid for the item thru Google Check-Out with a credit card). Now this is a MAJOR CREDIT CARD company with the largest back in North America. Know what they told me? That I should never purchase items from places like eBay and other online auction houses; that I should stick with "real" merchant places, and that I would have to work with Google to get a refund. In other words, they bascially told me to go #$% myself.

So I kept corresponding with Google, and lo and behold, I finally got my refund. It took several weeks and a lot of nagging emails to them, but they finally refunded me every penny, and I'm pretty sure they paid for it out of their own pocket. So even though it took a bit of nagging to get my money back, I am quite happy with the results of paying through Google Check-Out.

As far as my credit card though the country's leading banking service... BLECH!!! As soon as I get that card paid off, they won't have to worry about me anymore.

ßob
    Was it American Express?
    ~Jan~

It was a VISA through Bank of America. I've been with them and their predecessors for almost 24 years. You would think that would have meant something to them.

ßob

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

Forum Newbie
    All-About nimshan
    View nimshan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks everybody help me out. Finally I didn't pay for my Items. Seller sold 20 IPones. Seller ID is pipinbp. Action Id is 1225685941-1894-0

Specially BOB thanks for your credit card story.

Thread Information