eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: is this the place for antiques / collectibles??

Quote Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
    You are spot on. Until e-bid does something to bring the buyers to this site it will remain as it is. A seller should not have to post 1000 auctions to get 2-3 sales a day, that is preposterous. The numbers are just not here for buyers. E-bid must and hopefully will rework this site to make it easier for the buyer to find an item. The categories need total revamping.
    The front page needs to bow to the buyer not the seller. E-bid needs to set up a management team for each country as no two countries are the same what works in the UK may not work in the US.

And finally, selling 101 always works, I agree 110% with you 15,000,000
    on ebay 1.5 million on e-bid (mostly sellers?) If e-bid will work to bring in the buyer on all their sites in different countries they will fair well. JMO.
    The idea of ratio is not that difficult to understand nor is it preposterious. Do you shop at a store with only 70 items? Or 5 items. NO you look for one with thousands of items. AND when dealing with online selling, each of these items listed are send into cyperspace by google and ebid. Better to send 4000 than 70 to attract customers to your items.. THIS GENERATES THE SALES.

Your ratio is different from mine or anyones. You may generate a dozen sales with 500 listings. Maybe you want 100 sales a day. I don't know. So you might need 1000 stocked items. Hard to know, you only have 70 now. You decide what your level of sales should be and then make changes to your listings (i.e. add stock) until you achieve those goals. This is smart marketing.

But like we said be careful about how you list things. i.e. you have all your items as run until sold. So I doubt your stuff goes on google. AND it stays on the bottom of each category with run until sold, never moving up like auction items do (i.e. when auction is minutes from closing, item is on top of list). Don't do that, you lose sales.

These are not preposterous hints/tips but a way to choice to use ebid features to sell your items. And to sell at a level you need/want. As it stands your items never go google search, and never come off the bottom of the category list. This equals fewer sales. This is exactly what we are talking about.

Forum Newbie
    All-About bideebid
    View bideebid's Listings
    Forum Posts

All the postings on here are seller focussed. I've said before, I'm a buyer.
    I've explained before that I was at one time a seller on the other site, selling good quality antiques & collectibles with a few vintage, old and antiquarian books thrown in. Even at the worst of times I would sell 70/80% of entries, most of which wouldn't have a reserve. If I wanted to, I think I could probably do the same level of business, even today. However, I doubt there would be enough prospective buyers on Ebid, to make an auction remotely profitable. In other words, were I to buy something for £100 and float it on an Ebid auction with no reserve and a 99p start, it would unlikely reach anything that would show other than a substantial loss.

Now for all I've read on this forum, I still fail to recognise anything that convinces me it's the place I should ever attempt to sell and I guess that's pretty much the likelihood with those trying to buy. Much of what's on offer is BIN with prices I can buy substantially cheaper at a UK auction, privately or on that other site.......and the bonus is I don't have to wade through thousands of items masquerading as what they're not.

It would be unfair to make generalisations that reflect on those who are obviously making an effort to sell on here but there is far too much on here that really has little prospect of selling that would result in a sensible income. That is why it fails to attract buyers.

Thread Information