eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: is this the place for antiques / collectibles??

Default Selling on eBid - Not Ready for Primetime

eBid Guys & Gals,

We have been here since October & had no sales. I don't get all the fancy 20 tips to selling to people on this site as some of you keep telling us we need to do. Selling 101 - You have a product, you put a price on it and if someone wants it they buy it. We have sold $30K on eBay in same time frame. I hate eBay, but this is apparently not the alternative site that you all think it is. If it is a UK selling site then I get it, but as for the states I can't see it selling anything based on our performance & many others on this forum. We haven't even had an email, asking us a question. I get 2 to 3 emails a day from eBay buyers.

Good Luck, we have pulled all our stuff since managing 2 auction sites plus a store is not worth it.

Regards -- Back 9 GOLF

If someone can convince me otherwise send emal to back9@att.net

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you can't sell when others can then.........

Forum Lurker
    View sovereignman's Feedback (+16)
    All-About sovereignman
    View sovereignman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Selling 101

Quote Originally Posted by Back9GolfOnLine View Post
    eBid Guys & Gals,

We have been here since October & had no sales. I don't get all the fancy 20 tips to selling to people on this site as some of you keep telling us we need to do. Selling 101 - You have a product, you put a price on it and if someone wants it they buy it. We have sold $30K on eBay in same time frame. I hate eBay, but this is apparently not the alternative site that you all think it is. If it is a UK selling site then I get it, but as for the states I can't see it selling anything based on our performance & many others on this forum. We haven't even had an email, asking us a question. I get 2 to 3 emails a day from eBay buyers.

Good Luck, we have pulled all our stuff since managing 2 auction sites plus a store is not worth it.

Regards -- Back 9 GOLF

You are spot on. Until e-bid does something to bring the buyers to this site it will remain as it is. A seller should not have to post 1000 auctions to get 2-3 sales a day, that is preposterous. The numbers are just not here for buyers. E-bid must and hopefully will rework this site to make it easier for the buyer to find an item. The categories need total revamping.
    The front page needs to bow to the buyer not the seller. E-bid needs to set up a management team for each country as no two countries are the same what works in the UK may not work in the US.

And finally, selling 101 always works, I agree 110% with you 15,000,000
    on ebay 1.5 million on e-bid (mostly sellers?) If e-bid will work to bring in the buyer on all their sites in different countries they will fair well. JMO.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
    You are spot on. Until e-bid does something to bring the buyers to this site it will remain as it is. A seller should not have to post 1000 auctions to get 2-3 sales a day, that is preposterous. The numbers are just not here for buyers. E-bid must and hopefully will rework this site to make it easier for the buyer to find an item. The categories need total revamping.
    The front page needs to bow to the buyer not the seller. E-bid needs to set up a management team for each country as no two countries are the same what works in the UK may not work in the US.

And finally, selling 101 always works, I agree 110% with you 15,000,000
    on ebay 1.5 million on e-bid (mostly sellers?) If e-bid will work to bring in the buyer on all their sites in different countries they will fair well. JMO.
    first and formost its what you sell that brings in buyers, ebid upload all legabile items to google products whitch is the biggest advertiser on the web. all i have sold has been to new buyers who found me via google products,december was my best month ever on ebid with the first of the new year sales today,

we all know feebay is a bigger longer established site, with massive fees that no longer gaurantee anyone any sales, here the fees are a lot less or no fees at all depending on the auction type you choose, you have to work a different stratagey to sell on ebid and be prepaired to build your customer base over time, not declaring dome and gloom after two months !

as for the whole site being revamped, is this not happening at the end of the week ? ebid over the years have not spent vast amounts on advertising they have slowly built the site up to what it is today and getting bigger by the day, how many so called new auction sites have spent money on advertising via the media and achived absolutly nothing [ one went bust earlier this year] you really need to get a proper stratergy/business plan together with the added determination this takes over the medium term
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Lurker
    View sovereignman's Feedback (+16)
    All-About sovereignman
    View sovereignman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    first and formost its what you sell that brings in buyers, ebid upload all legabile items to google products whitch is the biggest advertiser on the web. all i have sold has been to new buyers who found me via google products,december was my best month ever on ebid with the first of the new year sales today,

we all know feebay is a bigger longer established site, with massive fees that no longer gaurantee anyone any sales, here the fees are a lot less or no fees at all depending on the auction type you choose, you have to work a different stratagey to sell on ebid and be prepaired to build your customer base over time, not declaring dome and gloom after two months !

as for the whole site being revamped, is this not happening at the end of the week ? ebid over the years have not spent vast amounts on advertising they have slowly built the site up to what it is today and getting bigger by the day, how many so called new auction sites have spent money on advertising via the media and achived absolutly nothing [ one went bust earlier this year] you really need to get a proper stratergy/business plan together with the added determination this takes over the medium term

I sell the same items on e-bay, actually, i sell better items on e-bid or at least try to sell better items..

What is the strategy I need to use on e-bid ? Fill me in. listing hundreds of items for 2 sales a day? Giving deep discounts? lowering already low prices? linking to my store?(already done).

Yes e-bay costs to sell. And as a seller I don't like the fees that is why I am here, but I would never give up e-bay until i see real headway here, feebay puts real money in my pocket for now. When e-bids buyer numbers reach 5 million or so it will pick up for sellers, not until. And how does a corporation increase sales? More sellers? or more buyers? Strategy is a nice word but it doesn't hold water in this instance unless it is e-bid's management working to bring in buyers along with us seller doing the same. JMO

So what is the strategy to bring in buyers is the better question in my mind.

Maybe it's better in the UK but not on the US site for now, as I stated in an earlier post each site need different management and strategy depending on the country and its laws. jmo
    Last edited by sovereignman; 5th January 2010 at 09:09 PM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell the same items on e-bay, actually, i sell better items on e-bid or at least try to sell better items..

What is the strategy I need to use on e-bid ? Fill me in. listing hundreds of items for 2 sales a day? Giving deep discounts? lowering already low prices? linking to my store?(already done).

Yes e-bay costs to sell. And as a seller I don't like the fees that is why I am here, but I would never give up e-bay until i see real headway here, feebay puts real money in my pocket for now. When e-bids buyer numbers reach 5 million or so it will pick up for sellers, not until. And how does a corporation increase sales? More sellers? or more buyers? Strategy is a nice word but it doesn't hold water in this instance unless it is e-bid's management working to bring in buyers along with us seller doing the same. JMO

Maybe it's better in the UK but not on the US site for now, as I stated in an earlier post each site need different management and strategy depending on the country and its laws. jmo
    splitting stock between two or three sites is not a good stratagey in my book you can hardley complain your not selling here when you have stock elsewere, although this does work for some folk, it clearly is not working for you, when i stoped selling over there the items i was selling there [comsumables] were then only intermitterly available over there by casual sellers on 7 day auctions the auction price would and could exceed what i was selling for here on BIN so the buyer could have the item here without waiting at least 7 days,then the posting time on top, thats a part stratagey that works for me, as i said you need to put in place a stratagey/business plan in the medium term that takes into account the market you trade in two months is no time at all on ebid to say you have succeeded or not
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Surprise jmo, you are not helping anyone. Obviously you are in the feebay mode and can't understand you are on an alternative site, which is actually the largest alternative site in world. i.e. if you can't sell here, you ain't gotta sell anywhere (except feebay but they dont want little sellers anymore). i.e. ebid is not going to run its site just like feebay does. Learn the tricks and expand your skills and be able to sell on any alternative site.

I have daily sales and last weekend had 40+ sales AND 2 a day since then. i.e. THE HINTS WORK.

Please stand aside and let other people answer questions for those who are interesting in selling here. .

Quote Originally Posted by Back9GolfOnLine View Post
    eBid Guys & Gals,

Regards -- Back 9 GOLF

Sorry to hear that. I did send you an email.

If a seller has questions, someone is always here to help. Selling on alternate site is different, but the skills are easy to learn. But again, everyone has to decide if a site is a good fit for them.

What is successful on ebid is to have lots of stock and build it to the point where it starts to generate customers. That is your ratio point. Mine seems to be about 450, if I keep 450 items I get a sale a day. You may need 4000 to get 10 sales a day, or 2 sales a day. Depends on lots of things we don't understand yet, yet we know having more stuff on line generates sales.

Also vital to make sure all are downloaded to google (buy it now option and ten automatic relists), and that you notify all past customers you are on ebid. Polishing items/listings, making sure you are competitive with others, fair shipping, clear refund info, a good photo and info on your About me page, all of that helps to make sales (some of the 20 tips). Important to note, that here if buyers have a question they are liable to just pass your listings by. Best to have it as perfect as you can to attract the buyers.

As you noted, on feebay there were lots of emails because buyers spent a lot of time on line. Here less time is spent, I suspect, and there are lots fewer questions if your listings are clear. Most buyers probalby check once a day I think. i.e. even if I get an email and whip one back, I will have missed the person and they write back next day. That happens often.

If you change your mind you have a cheering section just waiting to help you get started again!! take care.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your right i'm not a little seller, I turned down power seller bronze level last week. I don't want fee-bay dictating to me even though I would save 5%+ on sales. i didnt sell 40 items over there but have done a couple thousand
    in Nov and December. i wish it was here but it will take time to grow, possibly another 3-4 years, especially if fee-bay keep raising fees.

And yes ebid is number two at 10% the size of fee-bay.

Im not attacking e-bid just stating my observations, so please don't take it to seriously, blood pressure is important.
    Looking at your recent sales I'd say that some of your items had gone for very little. A crank for a phonograph, for instance, at $6.00. Surely that wasn't worth the trouble of listing.

Powerseller, big deal! Who hasn't been a powerseller? Discount? I thought you had to be a TRS to get one now?

See what I sold on eBid - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sellingonebid/
    Last edited by kedo; 6th January 2010 at 04:27 AM.

Your right i'm not a little seller, I turned down power seller bronze level last week. I don't want fee-bay dictating to me even though I would save 5%+ on sales. i didnt sell 40 items over there but have done a couple thousand
    in Nov and December. i wish it was here but it will take time to grow, possibly another 3-4 years, especially if fee-bay keep raising fees.

And yes ebid is number two at 10% the size of fee-bay.

Im not attacking e-bid just stating my observations, so please don't take it to seriously, blood pressure is important.
    My background is power seller for 6 or 7 years on feebay plus sold locally in various venues. Have about 6000 past customers.

My blood pressure (105 over 62 thank you) is not raised. I just find it is irritating that when people are asking for selling help you jump in with off the wall observations. Yesterday it was that since we all have lots of stock, not all gets bids, that means we can't make a living here. Duh, the quantity of stock GENERATES the sales because of google downloads. A seller with 4000 items generates many sales daily, the seller with 10 sells nothing. You also observed to a new seller that ebid management is crumby and should all be fired.

Growth isn't going to take 5 years. It is happening now. Last 6 months were astonishing. So waiting for something to happen (ebid to become just like feebay) is not wise. Getting up and running and grabbing sales now by using our tips is wiser.

Being successful on alternative is necessary. Feeday's daily auctions fell from 100 million to 25 million and only Paypal keeps them in the red right now. GM, a huge contract that was to sell cars directly to public starting in California, dropped feebay as few sales were generated. Not a successful role model for ebid to aim for and I guantee ya, ebid owners are smart and learn from other's mistakes.

Make your observations to anyone you please on forums, that is purpose of forums. But my point is that you should not be making these remarks to new people. Your observations also go on google searches so they will either generate sales or lose you sales.

Thread Information