eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: is this the place for antiques / collectibles??

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm selling lots myself but then I have lots listed.

Forum Newbie
    Little Hereford, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    All-About annalivia
    View annalivia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Is there anybody there ?

I know that nobody's buying anything these days, but window shopping is something we can all afford to do surely ? Does anybody ever buy anything off this site ? In 1 week I had 9 views on an item, and at least 3 of them were me !!!!!!!!! Its the number of people past your window that counts, a decent thing well priced will sell in the end. but there's nobody there ! Any comments ?

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Two sales tonight, total £35. It's not a huge amount but I'd rather have it than not.

Have a look here http://www.flickr.com/photos/sellingonebid/ . Prepared with doubters in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by annalivia View Post
    I know that nobody's buying anything these days, but window shopping is something we can all afford to do surely ? Does anybody ever buy anything off this site ? In 1 week I had 9 views on an item, and at least 3 of them were me !!!!!!!!! Its the number of people past your window that counts, a decent thing well priced will sell in the end. but there's nobody there ! Any comments ?
    Yep, I buy and sell things ! The feedback you see is all from eBid over the last year and a bit and none is imported. It would be a lot more but of course but not everybody bothers to leave feedback.

Um .... just wondering when you started listing here ? Have you only just started? It says you joined in Sept 08 but you have no feedback, nothing on your about me page and only 5 listings.

If you have only just started off then it's understandable that people are not bothering to view your shop until you get the rest of the stock coming in and know something about you before they would consider buying. You need to get yourself known as this is a much smaller site than greedbay. I would make a start with getting your signature link on. This thread will help you.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 Then visit the 'Promote ebid and your eBid store' forum for lots of good ideas.

Good luck.

View prescott9376's Feedback (+1370)
    All-About prescott9376
    View prescott9376's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I Agree Cornish. Particularly with the F/B All Mine is from here but in no way reflects the Number of sales.
    In Fact I have 1 Customer who has bought on 6 seperate occasions in the last 3 Months and has never left me any.
    Collectibles do sell But I tend to stick to the Smaller Less Expensive Items Under a Tenner and I Think You have to list, list & List to get the right Exposure.
    Anyone walking into a bricks and mortar shop & seeing just 5 Items on display would probabley walk straight out.
    I Also Buy Here as well, Got a Great set of Scales last week.
    Paul

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is certainly hard to get feedback here, but that is true of all auction sites. My customers have all said they were very happy with their purchases, but very few of them ever leave any feedback. Sales are slow for most people here, but that is also true of everywhere at the moment. At least here you won't go broke paying fees in the lean times!
    Keep listing, and buying,and it will pay off in the long run.
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianekmt View Post
    It is certainly hard to get feedback here, but that is true of all auction sites. My customers have all said they were very happy with their purchases, but very few of them ever leave any feedback. Sales are slow for most people here, but that is also true of everywhere at the moment. At least here you won't go broke paying fees in the lean times!
    Keep listing, and buying,and it will pay off in the long run.
    Diane.
    Yes, same here. I have several lovely ladies who buy maybe 30 items at a crack, every two months or so, but will not leave any feedback at all. So I just appreciate the sales and let it go at that.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by annalivia View Post
    I sell pretty steady but the difference is that I now have 300 items to chose from. I also have 100 items on a website that directs people to check out my ebid stores annd items too. So 400 items to chose from so someone is always getting tempted to buy something.

You have 5 items. Would you go into a store with only 5 items?

Also, your about me page is not filled in. No picture, no little bio about you and why you are selling, nothing. People see that, they think the items are abandoned so they do not bother to buy.

I seriously think you have to add at least 100 items to your stores to get people interested. Often I will not buy one item, but will only buy if the person has two or three of something that I like. Especially true of smaller items.

We have noticed that our less expensive items go faster, those under $20, the others sit for a while. Many of your items are beautiful but quite expensive, so that is another reason people pass them by. I have deliberately stock more $5, $10, $15 items, and after about $20 the sales are slower. With these less expensive items, also run a sale (via your banner) and offer discounts for buying more than one item. People tend to then pick up 2 or 3 of your inexpensive items, and every little bit helps.

In order to come up on a search of google (where ALL my new customers come from) you must set your auctions on auto relist at least 8-10 times, have a BIN and if it is an auction, have something other than run until sold. Within hours of listing stuff, it shows up on google. Even if one item shows up, you know people will be window shopping your other items.

So I think that is a start. It is a big job to get the stores stocked, your about me page in order etc, but that is how you get the sales. First thing I look at when buying is how long someone was a member and how much they sold. Everyone does (so when you do your about me page, it would be wise to explain why you were not active here - closing my feebay stores, etc. or people will shy away from your stuff). If they are new, fine, small feedback amount is ok, but if they are on for years, and have sold nothing, people don't want to buy from you.

Good luck. If you need any more help, just ask. Someone is always here to answer questions.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by prescott9376 View Post
    Yes I Agree Cornish. Particularly with the F/B All Mine is from here but in no way reflects the Number of sales.
    In Fact I have 1 Customer who has bought on 6 seperate occasions in the last 3 Months and has never left me any.
    Collectibles do sell But I tend to stick to the Smaller Less Expensive Items Under a Tenner and I Think You have to list, list & List to get the right Exposure.
    Anyone walking into a bricks and mortar shop & seeing just 5 Items on display would probabley walk straight out.
    I Also Buy Here as well, Got a Great set of Scales last week.
    Paul
    Great minds think alike, I just left same message. Sorry. As I always say I wish people who run into a selling obstacle would come here sooner and ask questions. Everyone is willing to critique their listing and offer tips. No need to suffer in silence when it takes just a tweek or two to get started selling.

In this economy the less expensive stuff sells very well, under $20, the rest sits. It would be foolish to stock all expensive stuff when surely every one of us has inexpensive boxes of stuff that they would be glad to sell for $5 a pop.

Forum Newbie
    Little Hereford, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    All-About annalivia
    View annalivia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for advice all. Interesting ! Have sold for several years with you know who. Bound to point out that did excellently well until last year when recession hit combined with exhorbitant fees meant that for every 2 items I sold, 1 was for them, so gave it up as a bad job. However, buyers were targeted on specific items, had no interest in quantity of stock I carried, which was always modest. What they wanted and got was a good item. However, a large stock of cheaper items is obviously what's wanted, here, and a bio pic too it seems, so will certainly take that on board, and thanks again for tips.

Thread Information