eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: is this the place for antiques / collectibles??

I sell collectables and my sales seem to come in fits and starts, very much like busses. None for ages then two come at once!
    Dawn x

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    Don't be too disheartened. I was a member here for more than a year before I had a sale. Buisness is slowly building up, though it is slow, but it is slow everywhere. The good thing about eBid is that if you are a lifetime seller, you can list everything for free, and that means you have nothing to lose.
    The best thing to do is to email all your previous customers, and all your friends and relatives, and let them know about eBid. There are lots of blogs, and other sites where you can gain free advertising too. Put links to eBid and your stores, in your emails and everywhere else you can find. Just a few minutes each day, and it will eventually pay off.
    All the best,
    Diane.
    Last edited by Dianekmt; 7th April 2009 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJunk View Post
    Thanks yes I had a pair of those, but sold one to a man in california on fleabay before I left. I wish I had saved all those emails, so I could spam the hell out of them LOL
    Hello. If you use PP for your online transactions they have a record of the email. Check your payment received history and it will show the buyers email in details. It's a tedious way of contacting past buyers. I've done a couple hundred so far. Reminds me I must go and do about 600 more.

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope so, we have just added a collectables store - good luck
    P&K
    Pique Antiques and Collectables for all kinds of interesting items - ceramics, books, programmes, first day covers, pictures etc etc
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Anti...d Collectables

Tammy's Emporium for all kinds of useful home, garden and leisure products.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tammys-Emporium

Pique Beauty for skincare, fragrances, bodycare, tanning & Beauty at unbeatable prices
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Beauty

Hi,

Don't get discouraged. Always a question about price -- is it too low or too high. I have a jar of answers to that that I'll sell to you cheap! lol But seriously that's what makes this business interesting yet frustrating. So hang in there. I just sold something that has been listed over a month. And I have sold 6 things since being on eBid going on 2 months. I too paid for lifetime, so decided just to list lots of things and see what happens.

hi, you are not alone, i've just posted similar under plug my auctions under heading Are there any antique collectors out there ? didn't consider at the time to post under antiques. please take a look to see if there are any responses.
    i've lost track of time since signing up to ebid, but had 3 sales amounting in bearly enough to buy a pint, and the 1 item i bought, got ripped off by £75 with the seller dis appearing and paypal not interested because sale was outside of ebay, so no buyer protection from paypal on ebid.
    does seem to be a bit of a dumping ground for old stock and a chat room site only.
    http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction...436&mo=auction

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes i have one item viewed 725 times(Actualy have no opposition as well)but it still does not sell!cheers tony

Forum Lurker
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hang in there, times are tough everywhere. Buisness will pick up!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nineshillingnote View Post
    hi, you are not alone, i've just posted similar under plug my auctions under heading Are there any antique collectors out there ? didn't consider at the time to post under antiques. please take a look to see if there are any responses.
    i've lost track of time since signing up to ebid, but had 3 sales amounting in bearly enough to buy a pint, and the 1 item i bought, got ripped off by £75 with the seller dis appearing and paypal not interested because sale was outside of ebay, so no buyer protection from paypal on ebid.
    does seem to be a bit of a dumping ground for old stock and a chat room site only.
    http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction...436&mo=auction
    if you have only sold 3 items to barely cover the cost of a pint maybe your pricing structure is wrong, your not gonna be in the ebid bar for long let alone buy a round with only 5 items listed, if you want to be sucsessfull on here you gotta increase your stock, 2 items the same and one broken item isint looking to hopeful isit,theres nothing at all on your about me page, about yourself,and what you sell,you have been here sinse may last year, so plenty of time to visit the chat rooms as you put it and see and hear how others sell on here,i hope you see this post not just as a criticism but as a way forward for yourself, youll only get out of the site what you put in.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello from OZ,
    To increase your chances of having good sales here it might be wise to do the following:

** Put something about yourself and your buisness on your about me page, frankly if you don't, a lot of buyers are likely to think that you are unreliable, disinterested or that you might have something to hide.

**Visit the site to check on your auctions AT LEAST once a week. It is really best to visit for a few minutes every day, to relist, and check there are no problems with your auctions.

**Log in and out of the site, then your visits register on your auction pages, so people can see that you are around. If potential buyers see your last visit was 6 months ago, they probably won't want to risk purchasing from you.

**Sometimes an eBid question or sale notification will not reach you so it is wise to check your 'my eBid' each time you visit.

** A quick visit to the forum at least once a week will let you know what is going on....... YOU don't have to chat. People here are helpful, they encourage new members, and offer help, not entirely idle chatter!

**List as much as you can, and add to your listings regularly. Stagger your listings too, as this will make your auctions more visible.

**Email all your friends family and customers, and tell them about your eBid auctions, and put links in your emails, on blogs, or anywhere else you can find. If you use paid advertising, do that too.

This site is great, although not perfect, it is friendly, improving all the time, and BRILLIANTLY AFFORDABLE. You just need to put a little effort into it, (just a few minutes a day isn't much to lose), and build your buisness!

GO FOR IT!

Diane.

Thread Information