eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: is this the place for antiques / collectibles??

Thanks yes I had a pair of those, but sold one to a man in california on fleabay before I left. I wish I had saved all those emails, so I could spam the hell out of them LOL
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=MyJunk&mo=search&type=user

Hello all, I'm having same thing happen, lot of lookers, no questions, or bids as of yet, but going to hang in there. It was slow on you now where this time last year also.
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/commishsfinds

Smile Hopefully a New Home

hi all -- really like the site and am completely burnt out on ebay -- just not a good place for folks like me who sell lower numbers of higher cost items -- I sell vintage toys, golden age comics, and other collectibles usually in the $100 to $150 range each -- maybe 30 to 50 a year -- most would consider what I sell "investment grade," I guess -- I am curious about how your business is going? are you selling well? is the support strong? good hits on your product? is the collectibles marketplace on ebid, specifically, strong? does ebid plan to make a serious run at ebay, so I can hope for additional promotion via their efforts? I am not an ebay spy! haha! thanks everyone! very impressed with what all of you are doing...

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hatchbackantiques View Post
    - I sell vintage toys, golden age comics, and other collectibles usually in the $100 to $150 range each -- maybe 30 to 50 a year -- most would consider what I sell "investment grade," I guess -- I am curious about how your business is going? are you selling well? is the support strong? good hits on your product? is the collectibles marketplace on ebid, specifically, strong? does ebid plan to make a serious run at ebay, so I can hope for additional promotion via their efforts? I am not an ebay spy! haha! thanks everyone! very impressed with what all of you are doing...
    If you're selling good quality vintage toys you'll be pleased to know that I've sold loads. Put your stuff in Collectibles/Toys and Games and, if you can, add your comments to this thread - http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=113337 . Vintage toy sellers need a lot more suitable sub-categories.

well I have to diversify and am going to another site NOT BACK TO FLEA BAY more an antique booth type place going to give that a shot, cheap fees also. But more like a store, and your data base gets googled every day if you set it up right .

I love Ebid, but I havent sold anything in a while, AND the last two things that sold WHERE NON PAYERS ! !

Funny I sold two things on the other site and only have been there two weeks, both items over 50 .00

whats WRONG with ebid???

Forum Newbie
    All-About lakeboon
    View lakeboon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorBear View Post
    Hang in there buddy. The people that pay with checks and money orders are already trying to find new places to buy their stuff. We just got to find them and steer them here.

ßob
    Good point. There should be a big bump in buyers after mid-January when greedbay starts to enforce the no-paper-payment rule.

Judging by the GreedBay forums, the collectible and vintage sellers there are having the same problem. I suspect it's hard to justify buying non-necessities if you're afraid your job may disappear. We've decided to just sit here and wait it out. Wouldn't have been able to afford it if we had stayed at GreedBay. In the meantime, we'll just keep adding listings. . .

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default re... feebay

Dec. 30, 2008 via AuctionBytes
    Even more interesting are the categories that decreased or had fairly stagnant listings during 2008. Pottery & Glass and Antiques fell 14.86% and 1.35% respectively. And Collectibles grew only 10% over the year.

It's hard to argue with the numbers above. eBay has transformed itself into a commodity marketplace, "and antiques and collectibles dealers seem to be taking the hint and moving off the site".

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Dec. 30, 2008 via AuctionBytes
    Even more interesting are the categories that decreased or had fairly stagnant listings during 2008. Pottery & Glass and Antiques fell 14.86% and 1.35% respectively. And Collectibles grew only 10% over the year.

It's hard to argue with the numbers above. eBay has transformed itself into a commodity marketplace, "and antiques and collectibles dealers seem to be taking the hint and moving off the site".
    I've found that sales here decrease when the variety on feebay increases and increase when variety decreases. Just after Christmas and summer can be quite good, for instance. In view of that observation I'd say that this is very encouraging news. I shall be pushing up my listing numbers during the next couple of months.

Thread Information