eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: is this the place for antiques / collectibles??

Unhappy is this the place for antiques / collectibles??

I am starting to wonder, after not even getting any questions on my items, I am still going to try to get stuff on here, and see what happens over the holidays, BUT if I don't start at least getting some offers or questions, I am going to have to figure something else out

what are your feelings on this, good stuff costs to much to give away

HUGS AND GOOD LUCK
    tor
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=MyJunk&mo=search&type=user

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I am going through a bit of the same. I have quite a few collectables that I honestly just want to go to give me some room. If you price too lowly ,thats not so good and I supose the same thing be be said , if you list too high.

Worth staying around though as people are starting to come over . Good luck

well since the life time membership has been paid, it does not cost anything to stay here, BUT it is disheartening not to get any action on your listings

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

My experience is that a) everywhere's quiet than usual for the time of year, for the obvious financial reasons b) this place is always quieter than it's better known rival, so that effect is multiplied. It has to be a personal choice how much effort one puts in, and how long one keeps plugging away. For me the fun factor is important, and this place is a better environment than most.

One thought... I notice that you have a lot of stuff that's priced in three figures - is selling this under the heading of "junk" really sensible? Don't know if that's a US/UK thing, but I wouldn't do it here. Just a thought, hope you don't mind me mentioning it.

Hey Kimbo,

well the Myjunk comes from my fleabay days, wanted it a bit similar so my customers could find me, well, most havent moved over here YET ~!!! I keep sending them emails though.

as far as price, I cant give stuff away , I deal in stuff that actually costs me money LOL. I try to price as cheap as I can, but if someone finds something thats a bit pricey, I would accept an email with a proper offer from the buyer. I WISH we had a MAKE AN OFFER BUTTON ! !

hugs
    tor

Hang in there buddy. The people that pay with checks and money orders are already trying to find new places to buy their stuff. We just got to find them and steer them here.

ßob

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

yep, its all about time and OMG we are running out ! ! ! !

well not really, but cash is all gone, sooo time to list the junk junk guess and sell it for pennies at least its not all going to fleabay bank accounts ! ! !

OOOOOH MY I got a BID on some BUTTONS @! !! ! it gives me hope and encourages me to keep on going now to figure out how to build the other store with the adult vintage stuff I need to sell off

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey Myjunk, hope you have some luck on here, its nice to see quality items that you have on here.

Just looking at the silver shoe horn the Tiffany and Co one you have and thought it might give you a boost and encourage people to grab a bargain.....just to say

The price of that converts into British Pounds at around £54, $85. Now i saw one of these at an auction somewhere over here, Glasgow, Scotland.........and it sold for about £80, which is around $125, and that was back in January or February, so i think someone could quite easily snap a bargain up on that thats a really great price, considering Silver is back in fashion due to the high amount of gold

bargain
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good luck , I have quite a few collectables .

Thread Information