eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List book with Pre-Filled info, does it ever work for you?

Well I wouldn't use the Amazon catalogue to fill in any details, it's a kafkaesque nightmare.

As one example, just do a search on books by Enid Blyton, and you'll see what I mean.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

When searching for pre-fill info is there a set format when entering ISBNs and the like or is it freeform. E.g. If I enter 1234 5678 90 will it match 1234567890?

It should.. why not simply experiment and answer your own question? Maybe you'll come up with a bug or something to add to teh guys' to-do list LOL! I havent tried it yet but now I'm curious.. try an ISBN with and without spacing, and with and without the hyphens (0-223-23765-1, 0 223 23765 1 and 0223237651 ) for example I'd think they would strip it down to just the numeric values... and also probably check the checksum (Yep, ISBN's have a checksum you can use to validate them, just like credit cards do..)
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    ...why not simply experiment and answer your own question?...)
    I did. But as I was not getting a hit regardless of the format I used I didn't know if this was because the data simply wasn't there or if I wasn't inputting it in the format that eBid wanted. If the data is as sparse as some are suggesting I could be there a long while trying to find one that is in the database to prove which format worked.

Equally there was little point to me adding data if that was entered in a format that eBid would not find on a search.

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Well I wouldn't use the Amazon catalogue to fill in any details, it's a kafkaesque nightmare.

As one example, just do a search on books by Enid Blyton, and you'll see what I mean.
    Er, I'm trying hard not to imagine you lying on your back waving your legs in the air, Hazel! (I hope nobody thinks I'm being risque here!)

OK, just tried that on the co.uk site and got... lots of books by Enid Blyton, a biog, and some she jointly authored. I guess I'm missing the point because I'm not a regular EB reader?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've filled out a handful of the un-pre-filled forms. somebody might have to edit them a little later, to get rid of my possibly idiotic rambling???

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Gazza has emailed me to say that they have fixed it so that when we relist, the prefilled info is relisted too.
    He says to use the 'repost' checkbox on the 'unsold items' list.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information