eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark/Gazza. Please, pretty please fix this up...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I need to be able to offer at least 2 choices for shipping, if I have to contact the buyer first to find out what shipping option they want, that's a step backwards.
    Not really - what we are asking is that AT LEAST ONE of the shipping charges show on the actual invoice, at the very least.. Perhaps a Default shipping option which seller sets (Seller's preferred option) and Buyer can click through and select alternatives if they so choose from a list or drop down.. But, IN EITHER CASE Seller needs to be able to directly EDIT final shipping charge on invoice up or down at will.

Otherwise, Ebid is forcing a policy on the seller. If Seller offers shipping at $4.50 and then at invoice time simply increases it to $10.00 because auction did not sell for enough money to suit them, Buyer can always complain to Ebid, post negative feedback, etc, etc. and be released from obligation, because Seller breached the sales contract. As a seller, I would always discuss any *increase* in quoted shipping with the buyer ahead of time before ever sending an invoice.. and if buyer did not agree, I'd simply have to eat it.. BUT.. it STILL needs to be able to be increased , as I said, in the case Buyer wants something special done, and is willing to pay the extra expense, Seller has no way of adding this extra expense to the invoice.

Invoicing should have multi-parts

#1 - line items for each winning bid (NON EDITABLE, one per item, forget shipping quote! Bah! )
    #2 - Seller's Postage & Packing (editable by seller, selected as the default preferred by seller)
    #2a - OPTIONAL Ship method(s) w/ P&P (if selected- allow seller to offer up to 3 options, perhaps) - when selected, changes amount in #2, and total invoice
    #3 - Insurance (Seller may choose optional or required, if optional buyer can elect to include it, if required, buyer may not edit it)
    #4 - Subtotal of all the above
    #5 - Sales/VAT Tax (Type, %, and Amount) (U.S. Businesses often must charge sales tax for sales in their own state(s), I need to be able to add this to any invoice - either calculated by the % amount seller enters, or seller enters dollar amount... Some states charge tax on shipping, some do NOT, so any calculated tax needs to make allowance for this- "Include shipping in sales tax calculation" checkbox, perhaps...)

#6 Final Total (which should be the amount buyer pays when selecting radio button for payment method and clicking PAY INVOICE button.. )

Note- Need a CLEAR, OBVIOUS payment button for buyers to click on - it is not obvious to buyer that does not know any better, that they need to click one of those tiny, almost invisible buttons, that look so very much like plain old icons that simply blend in , and seem to indicate "seller accepts these methods, but we thought it would be prettier to make the buyer have to look ALL OVER the page trying to find a checkout button that doesn't exist!"
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Not really - what we are asking is that AT LEAST ONE of the shipping charges show on the actual invoice, at the very least.. Perhaps a Default shipping option which seller sets (Seller's preferred option) and Buyer can click through and select alternatives if they so choose from a list or drop down.. But, IN EITHER CASE Seller needs to be able to directly EDIT final shipping charge on invoice up or down at will.

Otherwise, Ebid is forcing a policy on the seller. If Seller offers shipping at $4.50 and then at invoice time simply increases it to $10.00 because auction did not sell for enough money to suit them, Buyer can always complain to Ebid, post negative feedback, etc, etc. and be released from obligation, because Seller breached the sales contract. As a seller, I would always discuss any *increase* in quoted shipping with the buyer ahead of time before ever sending an invoice.. and if buyer did not agree, I'd simply have to eat it.. BUT.. it STILL needs to be able to be increased , as I said, in the case Buyer wants something special done, and is willing to pay the extra expense, Seller has no way of adding this extra expense to the invoice.

Invoicing should have multi-parts

#1 - line items for each winning bid (NON EDITABLE, one per item, forget shipping quote! Bah! )
    #2 - Seller's Postage & Packing (editable by seller, selected as the default preferred by seller)
    #2a - OPTIONAL Ship method(s) w/ P&P (if selected- allow seller to offer up to 3 options, perhaps) - when selected, changes amount in #2, and total invoice
    #3 - Insurance (Seller may choose optional or required, if optional buyer can elect to include it, if required, buyer may not edit it)
    #4 - Subtotal of all the above
    #5 - Sales/VAT Tax (Type, %, and Amount) (U.S. Businesses often must charge sales tax for sales in their own state(s), I need to be able to add this to any invoice - either calculated by the % amount seller enters, or seller enters dollar amount... Some states charge tax on shipping, some do NOT, so any calculated tax needs to make allowance for this- "Include shipping in sales tax calculation" checkbox, perhaps...)

#6 Final Total (which should be the amount buyer pays when selecting radio button for payment method and clicking PAY INVOICE button.. )

Note- Need a CLEAR, OBVIOUS payment button for buyers to click on - it is not obvious to buyer that does not know any better, that they need to click one of those tiny, almost invisible buttons, that look so very much like plain old icons that simply blend in , and seem to indicate "seller accepts these methods, but we thought it would be prettier to make the buyer have to look ALL OVER the page trying to find a checkout button that doesn't exist!"
    We don't get shipping quotes/calculator in the UK, that's for the US site, because so many US members wanted it.

I doubt most US sellers would agree to have that removed!!
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=103806
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=101600
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100594
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=99582
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=87402
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100916
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=106731

That was just a quick look, I'm sure there are many more threads.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 2nd November 2008 at 06:37 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Again, it isn't to remove shipping calculator either

Shipping calculator AND/OR fixed price can still work.. it just has to be editable- Shipping calculator should be used to *calculate* shipping.. Not force the seller to use that rate... - it's great for listing, but having it force integrated into a non-editable invoice.. that's where the problem is.

Shipping calculator makes it so that you can see how much it would cost to ship to you (Since U.S. in many cases has different cost for shipping to different locations.. it is, after all, a BIG place)

I never said anything about eliminating calculator- I am only asking that *invoices* be editable, in the case calculated shipping is wrong.. or the buyer wants special packaging that makes the shipment heavier, increasing the shipping cost... Seller cannot edit this after the fact, and NEEDS to be able to.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If this is the case then there is an error occuring that we do not know about.

At the moment when the buyer views the invoice they SHOULD see the shipping options and costs. They then click the Preview and Pay button that will send them to the finalised invoice whenre they can click the PayPal/PPPay/GCO buttons.
    What about sellers who do not offer PayPal/PPPay/GCO such as myself, MOs or checks only? If buyer clicks preview & pay what happens?

Additionally, in the US at least, there needs to be an option for insurance if buyer wants insurance added to invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    What about sellers who do not offer PayPal/PPPay/GCO such as myself, MOs or checks only? If buyer clicks preview & pay what happens?

Additionally, in the US at least, there needs to be an option for insurance if buyer wants insurance added to invoice.
    Gazza,

Perhap's this is something that could be added to the listing form. Where you have all the options for domestic and international shipping, it would be useful to have a drop down box for insurance included, not included, optional, required. Both for domestic and international.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post

I believe they still see the final total, just no buttons to go pay with.. might be nice to have a "printer friendly version" of the invoice in any case.. both for buyer and for seller.. for recordkeeping and/or packing list

Insurance, currently, has to be added in to the Handling Charge when the auction is created, it definitely should be it's own line item (seller can choose to make it "not offered, required, or optional" when sending invoice, at least) . Likewise with Sales Tax.. I have to charge 7% tax on sales shipped to Florida, and at the present time, my only option is to work the sales tax into the auction price- which is unfair to out of state buyers, and also risky for me, because an audit by the state tax auditors would count it as "charged x sales price, and did not collect tax" which would land me in trouble with the tax man..

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just sold 5 items to one buyer. I had no problems combining all the items on to one invoice, plus a 5% discount, plus a discount of the combined shipping. I like the 2 discount options 1 for items and 1 for shipping. I find the system easy to use. Everything went smoothly, buyer paid, I shipped.

As for insurance, I always ask my buyers prior to sending an invoice.

~Jan~

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

My main problem... my last 4 buyers all Paid using the link that eBid includes in their winning email confirmation to the buyer.
    Thus I never get a chance to invoice buyers
    Besides paying multiple PayPal fees... canceling paid for items and back and forth.. is not worth it, and thus I am eating many extra fees.

It is That link in the email.. that should NOT be in the email. It is really annoying and hurting small margins. Am I??? not clear on this?

Thanks.

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    My main problem... my last 4 buyers all Paid using the link that eBid includes in their winning email confirmation to the buyer.
    Besides paying multiple PayPal fees... canceling paid for items and back and forth.. is not worth it, and thus I am eating many extra fees.

It is That link in the email.. that should NOT be in the email. It is really annoying and hurting small margins. Am I??? not clear on this?

Thanks.
    Just a thought…why not simply change the ‘Pay Now’ button in that Email to a ‘Request Invoice from Seller Now’ button? That way the Seller gets to send his Invoice before the Buyer pays? Would that sort your issue?

Blessings
    Sharon

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post

Thanks.
    I agree, I've mentioned the pay button in a previous thread. I don't want it there either, it's a pain in the proverbials. I've been lucky so far in that most of my customers have online purchasing experience so know what they are doing.

In my defaults area I have a message (which buyers receive after every purchase) saying NOT to make any payments until I have sent a combined invoice or that they request one, if they have multiple purchases.

~Jan~

Thread Information