Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 131 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Ydc pimp thread

Ideal

I think you are going to upset meebo & ejean9. You keep out biddin them on the

100 Choocy bars Maximim YDC60. 1 bar for every bid

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Ideal

Just realised you are into Dolphins.
    I might have a Dolphin thing or two for the YDC.
    How would that grab you???????????

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    That's about right for Parcel Post.. not sure why the $2 handling unless it is to cover the (very expensive) boxes and packing supplies you can buy from Post Office or Office Depot, but that is the correct rate for Parcel Post. Priority Mail is a bit more expensive, but for stuff you cant ship Media Mail, Parcel Post is pretty much the cheapest option there is...

That's USPS shipping rates for you. Ive looked again at trying to find the best, cheapest shipping methods that could be reliable at usps.com website for international shipping.. I just dont see any way most of my stuff could really ship at an affordable rate to anywhere but WITHIN the USA. Almost seems like they dont WANT U.S. Citizens shipping stuff to other countries.. it's so expensive..

(By the way... I would recommend anyone that wants to get boxes and packing materials for shipping go instead to the company I buy from- uline.com - they will sell to smaller businesses, and it is MUCH cheaper.. Example: ReadyPost box from USPS: $1.49 Same (plain brown cardboard) Box size from Uline: 45 cents )
    RE: Shipping International from the U.S.:
    For anything that will fit, a flat-rate envelope is the way to go. It is $11.95 for up to 4lbs & $9.95 for 2lbs & under. I have had sellers stuff those things to the gills in the most spectacular way! I had one seller fit 2 adult sweatshirts (fleeces) and 3 kids shirts in one envelope! For clothing they will place them in a ziplock bag and suck the air out. Lots can actually fit in them if the effort is made. I've never had a problem receiving one, they always arrive intact.

Priority, flat-rate (priority) and 1st class are the only affordable int'l options now, they removed the surface option. If the item is lightweight then 1st class is cheapest, then flat-rate envelope. If the flat-rate box option is chosen or necessary, then buy enough to load it up, then it's not so expensive overall.

I've received many items where the seller turned a flat-rate box (free) inside out. You may as well get your taxes worth! It would not be advisable for a large-volume seller to do that though or 'they' just might catch on and start charging for those boxes. Those kinds of tips are reserved for the little guy.

Yes, it's about controlling e-commerce along with the people.

Somebody might want to alert Gramma to check out these lower rate options because her shipping is too high for some of her items...no offense intended. A book in bubble wrap should fit into a flat-rate envelope for $9.95, no problem...most books, and will be well protected. Some may go even cheaper 1st class in a regular envelope, book protected inside with lightweight packing - lightweight cardboard &/or bubble wrap.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ElegantScraps View Post
    RE: Shipping International from the U.S.:
    For anything that will fit, a flat-rate envelope is the way to go. It is $11.95 for up to 4lbs & $9.95 for 2lbs & under. I have had sellers stuff those things to the gills in the most spectacular way! I had one seller fit 2 adult sweatshirts (fleeces) and 3 kids shirts in one envelope! For clothing they will place them in a ziplock bag and suck the air out. Lots can actually fit in them if the effort is made. I've never had a problem receiving one, they always arrive intact.
    Yes- I am thinking I will stock up on some of these and offer that for my clothing items..

I've received many items where the seller turned a flat-rate box (free) inside out. You may as well get your taxes worth! It would not be advisable for a large-volume seller to do that though or 'they' just might catch on and start charging for those boxes. Those kinds of tips are reserved for the little guy.
    USPS is not taxpayer funded, actually - it's a self sufficient entity, which might be why shipping's so high...

Somebody might want to alert Gramma to check out these lower rate options because her shipping is too high for some of her items...no offense intended. A book in bubble wrap should fit into a flat-rate envelope for $9.95, no problem...most books, and will be well protected. Some may go even cheaper 1st class in a regular envelope, book protected inside with lightweight packing - lightweight cardboard &/or bubble wrap.
    Books that are shipped inside USA can go Media Mail which is FAR FAR cheaper than parcel post.. too bad they don't offer Media Mail rate for international shipping - That totally sucks

Shipping is the Biggest headache, IMHO, for the U.S. Sellers... doesnt help that big companies are able to negotiate cheaper rates with the post office (and UPS as well), so they can easily offer stuff like Free Shipping, where it costs them a couple bucks, as opposed to the individual seller where it costs an arm, a leg, and their first-born - and then Buyers expect Sellers to be able to ship at the same rates as the big box retailers do..

Very unfair to the small business.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Silk Ties Available For All Occassions! Bid generously, it's for a good cause!
    Come on make a play (bid), it's for the kids @ Pendlebury Children's Hospital.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

A palatable taste of history in the form of adorable old books! Perfect items to bid on to help the kids of Pendlebury Children's Hospital! Bid! Bid! Bid! Bid Bid!...........

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klj View Post
    Can you wait a bit for that rolling pin Meebo? I am going out, but won't be back in the UK until January. Would be happen to bring it home for you.
    Oh thank you! I can wait as long as it takes. I have been eyeing this since gramma listed it ages ago, hoping it would fit into lodgers suitcase on his last trip. (he said no to that one, as there was already a pile of things for him to bring back).

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here's Huddys
    Come and get them

Come on keep the bid's coming

PLANET EARTH The book

SS PANZER BATTALION The book

DERBY DAY PLACE YOUR BETS Pc game

SIX MIXED CASSETTES TAKE A LOOK What it says

READERS DIGEST 4 BOOKS IN ONE Another book

DIG DEEP FOR THE WEE ONES
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Ideal

LOL! I didnt bid all that much, I dont think, and, well, it is all for a good cause, after all, isnt it? My thought was, instead of shipping it to ME (if I win) I was gonna have you *also* send the goodies to the hospital and have stuff handed out to some of the kids (like the cancer patients, or other ones that could really use a good cheering up) instead..

But I'm sure I'll lose the bidding war, most likely.. it's much more expensive in USD than it is in GBP LOL!
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Added another one for the Teddy Bear Lovers Timeless Treasures Teddy Bear

To Go along with the beautiful glass decor

It's all for a good cause! Come and bid on a few things.. or a lot! Can you top my Chocoholic Bid?

Thread Information