My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got lucky!

I poked around the USPS website some more, looking for this, and found . . .nothing. Tried about five different terms in their search. Will you add a note to this thread if you ever find it? I'd really appreciate it!

Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thank you! I'll bike over to the post office and pick one up. Never even thought to ask them. I generally just use their web site when I have a question.

If you DO get one, see if you can get a second one, or see if they will send one via mail.. I still cant GET one around here.. cant get hold of the contact person, and USPS employees are clueless about it
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ideal--I'll check around here and see what I can come up with. If I get hold of one I'll send it to you. If you find one tell us all how to get it. Thanks all of you!
    Poppa

Forum Master
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well boys and girls--It appears that the USPS has discontinued the Global Business Connect Kit. Spent about 2 hrs. on the phone with 6 different USPS agents and that's the consensus. I did find some useful stuff that you might be interested in. It appears, at the moment, that the cheapest way to ship anything relatively small overseas is by First Class Mail International. It has some drawbacks however--no insurance for one. Priority Mail International Flat Rate is the next cheapest alternative. If the item will fit into a 12.5 X 9.5 cardboard mailer (free at P.O. or by mail through USPS) and weighs 4lbs. or less, the rate is $9.95 to Canada and Mexico, and $11.95 anywhere else. Here is a link to this data:
    http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-...nal-prices.htm
    There is also available a USPS Shipping Assistant software. This allows for making labels, custom forms, shipping calculator,destination times, etc. This can be downloaded for free here:
    http://www.usps.com/shippingassistan...ppingassistant
    You may also want to download the International Mail Manual(IMM) and/or the Domestic Mail Manual(DMM) and/or Quick Service Guides. These are all in PDF format. There are several other guides that some of you may be interested in listed here:
    http://pe.usps.com/
    I hope this will be of help to some of you. It was to me.
    Poppa
    Last edited by poppa501; 7th November 2008 at 07:28 PM.

Excellent. I sort of figured it must have been discontinued- it IS somewhat an old press release- Finally got hold of the contact person yesterday and was told they dont have it anymore. I've since just ordered some of the free materials online (would have been nice to have that chart in the IMM/Postage Rates to put up on the wall of my packing room!) - Already have shipping assistant, and in fact it can allow you to ship a package, take it in to post office, all they have to do is scan the barcode and they will have the price right up on their machine, if you dont have a postage printer/meter - found out by accident- took a package in for which I made label using shipping assistant and postal worker was going through all kinds of things figuring out postage, had it all figured out, then scanned the barcode for tracking, etc, and the terminal just brought up the total postage that shipping assistant had calculated for me.. It does mean a wait in line, but it sure is a time saver even with that (I'm gonna get a postage printer, since only peepal offers the USPS integration, and if I take payments by any other means, I cannot ship using peepal's shipping, unless it is also a FeeBay auction.. - Buying Delivery Confirmation elsewhere - even on USPS.com still costs 75 cents, Vs. Shipping Assistant and PyPl integration where DC costs 0.18 instead! )

Considering how much shipping I do, it's definitely a worthwhile investment being able to print my postage and then just drop off my (sometimes 3-4) bins of parcels at the local post office's Loading Dock.. - No waiting in line!

Forum Newbie
    View 106wallyworld's Feedback (+161)
    All-About 106wallyworld
    View 106wallyworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell Ancient coins and at last count have shiiped to over 20 countries. I usually average 2-3 packages a month to Australia and have never had a problem, (unlike Italy which is another story for another day). On the Customs Form in the Description box just write "Metal Tokens" which is in essence what they are. Sometimes "Too Much Info" works against you.

Forum Master
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 106wallyworld View Post
    I sell Ancient coins and at last count have shiiped to over 20 countries. I usually average 2-3 packages a month to Australia and have never had a problem, (unlike Italy which is another story for another day). On the Customs Form in the Description box just write "Metal Tokens" which is in essence what they are. Sometimes "Too Much Info" works against you.
    That seems to be the consensus of a lot of folks. Have re-added Australia, but have asked them to contact me before buying. Speaking of international sales, what method do you usually use to ship? 1st class int.--priority--? Also, how do you track pkgs? Tracking is important to me because as I'm sure you know, there are some folks out there who have no qualms about stating that have not received their stuff when in reality they have. If I don't have a way to track, what is my defense against that? Also, USPS states that shipments of coins to UK must be Priority insured. When I'm selling coins for less than a buck its hard to justify a $25 postage charge! Thoughts--Suggestions?
    Thanks for replying--Poppa
    Last edited by poppa501; 22nd November 2008 at 01:43 PM.

Thread Information