eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Offer more sub catagories for model trains

View bh18088's Feedback (+2158)
    All-About bh18088
    View bh18088's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VandTnut View Post
    Thanks for checking in Gazza. Our next level of sort for TRAINS needs to be:

Toy & Hobby> Trains> Tinplate & Toy> see narative

Toy & Hobby> Trains> Scale Model> see narative

The toy and tinplate collectors will be able to advise you how to properly structure this area. Right now it is perfect for Lionell, Marx, Thomas the Tank Engine and whatever else people feel is appropriate till the category bulks up.

The scale category will eventually break down into the following individual scale categories with niche sub-categories for narrow gauge within the more popular scales.
    1 1/2"
    1"
    3/4"
    1/2"
    G
    O
    S
    OO
    HO
    TT
    N
    Z

As the more popular scale categories bulk up sorts can be added for rolling stock classifications and structures and other equipment.
    Eventually it will be desireable to have the category go as far as a brand name sort.
    Thanks for paying attention. We know you guys are really busy right now.
    ED - Jay1 - and the crew
    As for the manufacturer groupings for American prototypes they should be combined better: ie. GHC,AHM,IHC, Pre-1995 Rivarossi, (the Alphabets are all the same company & imported Rivarossi prior to 1995 other then for the 1st year of Lionel HO); Mantua with Model Power (the current owner); Walthers, & 1996-2006 Riverossi; Bachmann & 2006-Pressent Rivarossi (as they are now a divission of Hornby which is a divission of Bachmann. By splitting up rivarossi this way it breaks up the engines into their 3 main stages of development & interchangable parts years. I am open to helping in these sub-divissions, Know Jay for many years, and have friends in manufacturing of HO equipment.
    John aka bh18088
    Last edited by bh18088; 28th October 2008 at 09:55 PM.

Default Tinplate and Toy

I'm sure that to take Tinplate and Toy trains out from Scale Models is sensible.
    A problem may arise if tinplate toys in particular were left in a category that might be thought to be for largely modern manufacture, if only because none of them meet modern safety rules for children's toys
    Would it be better to take them into the collectable category? Hornby O gauge disappeared from most shops in the UK in the sixties.
    That would also permit the thriving collecting interests to submit items for sale on Ebid. At the moment there is no obvious spot to list Hornby gauge O tinplate toy trains for example. So I have no choice but to use Ebay.
    The situation for other tinplate toys is just as difficult.
    Presumably it would be relatively easy to insert generic headings for collectable toy/model trains by gauge under collectables and a separate heading for other tinplate toys

View VandTnut's Feedback (+7)
    All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marxandengels View Post
    I'm sure that to take Tinplate and Toy trains out from Scale Models is sensible.
    A problem may arise if tinplate toys in particular were left in a category that might be thought to be for largely modern manufacture, if only because none of them meet modern safety rules for children's toys
    Would it be better to take them into the collectable category? Hornby O gauge disappeared from most shops in the UK in the sixties.
    That would also permit the thriving collecting interests to submit items for sale on Ebid. At the moment there is no obvious spot to list Hornby gauge O tinplate toy trains for example. So I have no choice but to use Ebay.
    The situation for other tinplate toys is just as difficult.
    Presumably it would be relatively easy to insert generic headings for collectable toy/model trains by gauge under collectables and a separate heading for other tinplate toys
    This (and the previous post) are the sort of thoughtful discussion I had hoped to encourage. A clearly defined collectable tinplate marketplace as distinguished from a to be played with toy train market will go a long way to attracting many of the sellers who have recently left GreedBay.
    This is a group that spent a lot on extra pictures, etc. as the selling prices of their wares warranted the extra exposure. Good listings for eBid to try to capture due to the ongoing cash flow potential.
    Many left because of the imposition of the recent payment option restrictions. Many left before that.
    ED

All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bump

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

So after discussion the final list of categories is ......

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    So after discussion the final list of categories is ......

Gazza
    Still in flux.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

K, let me know when it's done.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

There has been some private discussion about a need for a high level separation of European Prototype from American Prototype. Discussion? Comments?

Brickbatts?
    ED

Forum Lurker
    View jayl1's Feedback (+3376)
    All-About jayl1
    View jayl1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes on a split between European & North American prototypes.
    We specialize in North American model railroading as well as North American railroad books & postcards.

Railroad Books (under construction!) - http://us.ebid.net/stores/Jays-Books and
    Model Trains - http://us.ebid.net/stores/Take-the-JTrain and
    Railroad Post Cards (under construction!! - hundreds to come!) -http://us.ebid.net/stores/Js-Railroad-Post-Cards and
    Railroad photos - http://us.ebid.net/stores/JTrain-Photos

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marxandengels View Post
    I'd prefer a section for tinplate in Collectables, i.e. Collectables > Toys and Games > Tinplate Toys. I've been selling vintage tinplate pretty well in this section for the last two years. That's where buyers will expect to find this type of item. Personally I'd rather list Hornby O gauge, in that section, alongside other 'toys'.
    Last edited by kedo; 13th November 2008 at 03:39 PM.

Thread Information