eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you making gifts for Christmas? Share your ideas.

Lightbulb Are you making gifts for Christmas? Share your ideas.

Hello All,

I have been making gifts from Christmas presents for my family for years and they have come to expect at least 1 hand made gift but this year I'm in a slump and would like some ideas. Last year I made fleece tie blankets and pillows and scrapbooked a tin for recipes for my new daughter-in-law. Can you give me any ideas? Maybe seen something new and unique that you could share? I would greatly appreciate it. Just so you know I can sew, scrapbook, make cards and will try anything crafty. Thanks so much.
    RobbyLouDesigns

http://us.ebid.net/stores/RobbyLouDesigns
    Featuring Baby and Bridal Shower Games, Invitations, Thank you's etc. Come take a look.

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Polecat-Products

Featuring Men, Women, Kids, Home, Work items. Come take a look.

Hi,

What about making Christmas decorations for the tree and house. Make lots of different items to decorate the house and little decorations for the tree - fill a basket with them and decorate with some christmas bows etc. Really nice - nothing like hanging decorations knowing they have a real meaning to them. Something to be treasured forever!

Great Idea! I never thought of that and it would be a perfect gift for my Mom and Dad. They just moved back to Michigan and they've always wintered in Florida so I think they could use so indoor decorations. Thanks so much.

Does anyone else have any more ideas? or Tell us what you are making for gifts.
    RobbyLouDesigns

Featuring Baby and Bridal Shower Games, Invitations, Thank you's etc. Come take a look.

I'm not planning on making an gifts this year, but last year I done a cross stitch picture for my parents and a cross stitch bell pull for my brother and his girlfriend.
    I'm hoping to do cross stitch cards for family and friends though

I am a member of morsbags.com and we make recycled reusable fabric bags which we give away for free to encourage people not to use carrier bags.. Well one lady makes christmas present bags instead of using wrapping paper which she then puts the gift into so in effect its a gift within a gift. She has a photo there of a load she has made..

These bags are soooo easy to do and only take around 20 mins to make and come in all shapes and sizes. I am going to make some stocking sacks from an old duvet cover I have.. I have already made the bottle bag ready to fill with of course the bottle of wine..

Go check out the site and be warned its very addictive.

Thanks for all the ideas.

I love cross stitch and used to do that years ago but my fingers aren't that nimble anymore.

I checked out that website and you're right..it is a great site. I made bags for Christmas presents about 20 years ago and used them for years until they finally wore out. I think I can do bags again and let my family use them as shopping bags. Great for everyone.

Thanks again, and please keep up the suggestions.
    RobbyLouDesigns

One year I made small doilies, use some tulle on the wrong side , put some Christmas scent potpourri in the center, gathered and tied it with a pretty satin ribbon... that made lovely scented sachets (or favors)... I gave one to each of my neighbors. This was a quick easy and lovely gift to make.

Leslie

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The bags idea is brilliant! I've SOooo much fabric about and furnishing fabric bits are so hard to use (you can only have so many throw cushions!).

I like to give gifts of home made food - chutney always seems to go down well because people think it is difficult(it's much easier than jam, of course).
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    View SewItMall's Feedback (+1)
    All-About SewItMall
    View SewItMall's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile My Xmas Gifts

This year everyone will be getting homemade gifts. I will be embroidering sweatshirts and making everyone a lace ornament with this years date on it.

I tested several already and gave a few away at work and got requests for orders.

MS

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

My daughter requested decorations for holidays other than Christmas. She says she is overwhelmed with Christmas but very few for other holidays.

I had planned to make a framed art for other occasions all in the same size so they can be traded out. My problem is I try to do the same for 1 daughter and 3 daughters-in-law and haven't had time this year so will only do crochet doilies and try for the other next year.

I have enjoyed the other suggestions and hope to try some of them also. Better get off here and use my time for crafts instead!!!!!!!

Thread Information