Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Forum Lurker
    View JoPhangan's Feedback (+8)
    All-About JoPhangan
    View JoPhangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Hi

Hello well i've been a member for about a month now sold 1 book so far so can't complain but i mainly signed up with the hope of selling the jewellery i make as i live in a small country town and havent been able to find an outlet to sell it yet.

anyway my point is are the many handmade jewellery sellers that sell theirs on here. i have a website too but like my ebid items i get a lot of views but no buyers.

any ideas as to how i could promote my items more i cant afford to pay for advertising at the moment due to limited funds

hope you can help

jo

Smile Hi Jo,

Like yourself, I make and sell handcrafted items.
    I will say that I used to sell on greedbay where I had a regular supply of customers.
    To start with I try and offer a huge variety of items, at an array of different prices and I always have low start auctions as this will entice people to have a look at other items that you sell.
    I make fine jewellery which obviously is more expensive, but I also make costume.
    I usually put costume earrings on at 49p to 99p as I will break even on the cost to make.
    Hope this is of some use.

Forum Lurker
    View JoPhangan's Feedback (+8)
    All-About JoPhangan
    View JoPhangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi

wow you have a lot of jewellery for sale i have an absolute ton of stuff to put on but i havent got round to it yet
    all my jewellery is gemstone and swarovski crystal and im never sure which category to put it in so have only listed a few
    i've been told most of my jewellery is very low in price so maybe thats whats putting people off as the postage is included also....

maybe i will have more luck now i no longer have zero feedback

Hi Jo,
    The category will depend if it is made from sterling silver or silver plate. Sterling silver with gems and swarovski will come under fine and silver plate, gold plate will come under costume.
    Hope that helps.
    You could look at mine to see how I do it.
    Regards
    Cheryl

just a suggestion also, check craigslist.com see if they are in your area, I know they have listings for alot of european countries, try doing a little advertising with them under jewelry, with links for the site and also for signing up so you get credit for it
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=MyJunk&mo=search&type=user

Unhappy Congratulations

Congratulations to you..You are here for only a month and sell 1 item already and I been here for 1 year this month and sell zero, nada, kapute.....And I post variety of items, Recipes, Jewelry, Banners, Cloting..I hope you can continue in your selling..

Red face

Hello Fallen, I have been here about 6 weeks, and have sold 3 things and have a bid on one ! ! which the one thing I have a bid on over on fleabay would probably brought me alot more money, BUT you know, gotta get the buyers in here with reasonable prices, and good service ! which is what I strive for

HERES GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ! !

I visit you auction...Is nice....About the price I Know I have good price compare with a lot of auctions...My jewelry are NEW and start at 2.99 the premade banners are around 10.00 to 15 dollars but I sell it at 3.00 dollars...Before I list any item I always check the auction site to see If I request a reasonable price and I Do... Well let see what happen..

Thanks for your visit....I invite you to see my auctions..
    ]http://beta.repatoo.com/user/FairyLady/

well I tried to find you, but your banner is not clickable, try to make it clickable, or post the link for us sooo we can all check it out

Forum Lurker
    View Indigo4's Feedback (+4)
    All-About Indigo4
    View Indigo4's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Hi

You can also advertise on The Gum Tree, and direct people from that site to here...that's what I'm going to do, or advertise jewellery parties on that site and put in a link so that they can see what jewellery you make...! It's all fun isn't it.

Melissa

Thread Information