eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was ripped off

Forum Newbie
    All-About rocutler
    View rocutler's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry I was ripped off

I "bought now" a set of headphones from simplebuying, and after 24 days, still have yet to receive the item.
    So as I have not got any communication with him for a week asking for payment back, I'd like to point this user out to the community to avoid.

Contact support@ebid.tv or support@ebid.net Explain to them the situation, giving them your user id, seller user id, date of purchase, date and method of payment, and dates & brief summary of any and all communication you have sent to and received from the seller. They will be able to help you.

When you contact them, you will first receive an automated response giving you a ticket or reference number. This is unique to your enquiry/report. You should hear back from them with a human answer within 24 hours, depending on their workload. If you need to contact them again to update them on progress from your end, quote the reference or ticket number from your automated response. This ensures consistency in your enquiry.

I hope this helps, and also thank you for the 'heads up' re your seller.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Newbie
    Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View Algasmoon's Feedback (+27)
    All-About Algasmoon
    View Algasmoon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default another seller that doesnt respond!

Watch out for maisiesmarket, nothing heard from them in 2 weeks, no response at all to my winning bid, this is the sort of thin that makes this site a worry for buyers and thats not what we want, so i left neg so others can see - other feedback suggest this isnt a one off situation with this seller. We need to build faith on ebid.

Forum Newbie
    All-About rocutler
    View rocutler's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for that, I have done so sending them the summary of communication (or lack of on the sellers part), let see what can be done. I will keep the forum posted of any developments

Quote Originally Posted by Algasmoon View Post
    Watch out for maisiesmarket, nothing heard from them in 2 weeks, no response at all to my winning bid, this is the sort of thin that makes this site a worry for buyers and thats not what we want, so i left neg so others can see - other feedback suggest this isnt a one off situation with this seller. We need to build faith on ebid.
    Hi Algasmoon

Sorry to hear that you to have had a bad seller experience. If you follow the lead from my first post, and contact support, they will be able to help.

I quite agree that sellers like that do need to be stopped, because it does reflect bad on ebid sellers as a whole. Sadly,we are all then tarred with the same brush. Luckily though, there are a lot of good sellers here who have loads of goodies and we would be more than willing to do a trade with you. No, I'm not plugging or pushing my items.

A tip too if I may - before you commit yourself to any purchase, take a peek at the sellers recent activity - have they received or left feedback recently? Do they have an 'about me' page? Do they seem trustworthy, and reliable in that? Underneath their user id there should be a 'date last seen'. Is that recent? There are some sellers on ebid who, regrettably, list items then forget about them. These are the ones that give the rest of us a bad name. If you wish to judge a sellers response time and reliability, drop them a quick question re the item. Any sort of Question will do, ie does it come in a larger size/different colour? Do they have more than 1? Do they combine p&p? Anything to allow you to judge if they are reliable. Although bear in mind, that some sellers may work during the day and may not be able to answer your query until they come home.

Thank you again for the heads up. I hope some of the above and my earlier post helps you.
    Babz

Quote Originally Posted by rocutler View Post
    Thanks for that, I have done so sending them the summary of communication (or lack of on the sellers part), let see what can be done. I will keep the forum posted of any developments
    Thanks. Glad it was useful. There is also further info in my other post on this thread that may help you too. Maybe not for now, but to reassure you that most of us sellers on ebid are good ones and not rogues. Have a read. If you need further info, then let us know.
    Babz

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Algasmoon View Post
    they do haulage as well what i find odd at the end of a listing for haulage some one has asked them a question [ whitch they havent answerd] the question seems to be advertising another site ! see paste.
    Important Your question will be emailed to the seller, they will be asked to come back to the site to respond to your question. You will be emailed when they have responded. Please do not reply to emails directly with another email. Violation of our policies, including offering or promoting your services here or placing a bid here or a verbal offer to purchase/sell outside of eBid will result in the removal of your message , all your auctions (if you are the seller) and suspension of your account

Question From bid99
    Sun 14 Sep 2008 22:39:28 (BST)
    walsallads.co.uk Free to list items.Question Not Yet Answered.
    Click here to give them a nudge.
    0 nudges already sent for this question.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Newbie
    All-About rocutler
    View rocutler's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink

Thanks for the encouragement.
    This was my first venture into ebid, and it has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I will endure.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

take heart rocutler follow babsnrays advice we need to stamp out any bad sellers now, some sellers may get problems from time to time that cant be helped, but what can be helped is communicateing with parties you effect !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Rocutler & a warm welcome

Unfortunately, there are good and bad on all auction sites

It's interesting that many of the other "winners" haven't left any feedback at all perhaps if they had....you may have been spared this annoyance. Two negatives in a row, trigger an automatic strikethrough

Please don't let this experience put you off ebid though....cos there are some fantastic sellers on here....& if you ever need "another pair of eyes" to check an auction over, just shout up on the forum (without any details) & ask someone to send you a "private message".

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Thread Information