My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Anyone selling on AmazonUK?

Default Anyone selling on AmazonUK?

How is the sales of computer & parts over amazon compared to epay? The fee on amazon is even more than epay!

Forum Newbie
    View vanhelds's Feedback (+4)
    All-About vanhelds
    View vanhelds's Listings
    Forum Posts

Amazon also processes credit card payments, so you should really compare their fees with the combined fees of eBay and PayPal. On that basis, the fees are very similar.

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View WorleGirl's Feedback (+929)
    All-About WorleGirl
    View WorleGirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

I've sold some unwanted videos before now but more importantly (and more recently) I've managed to sell a few Craft items, which haven't even budged on here!

The beauty of it is, is that you don't get charged for listing an item that someone is already advertising to sell (until it sells, then there's FVF etc). If you want to list something other than what's already there, then you have to go ProMerchant - and that can work out a bit expensive!

I haven't really looked in to the zAuctions (if it still exists).

So all in all, I think the fees work out pretty much the same. I'm happy enough to have sold my Craft Gift Boxes and it's reassuring to know that buyers ARE out there other than at *bay, if not here...
    Craft Clearout
    (Most new, some hardly used)

Handmade by Jenny
    (my hobby results in lovingly handmade items that need a new home!)

Music

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have sold a few choice items over on Am.zon and made more than I would have on fleeBay or eBid (even after fees). It can be quite fun seeing that several other people are selling the exact same item, and then undercutting them and making the sale!

Amaz.n have a very large customer base so it's worth the fees for the exposure, and you know exactly what those fees will be before you commit or make a sale.

I rather like the way the money is handled for you, there're no arguments and no dodgy in-house payment methods forced upon you. Nothing happens until they actually pay so you're not left with a sold item and no money.

The downside is that there are no auction formats, and in general you can only list with the preset information on products which must already be in their database.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

i used to sell on Amaz.n a few years back. the biggest prolem i found was that the buyers don't read the listings properly and seem to assume that they are buying from Amaz.n itself and not a small independent seller. I'd very often find that items were returned with a note saying this wasn't the item I had ordered!! I'd reply saying yes it was, it was clearly stated in the listing!
    There didn't really seem like there was much differentiation between where amaz.n ended and independent sellers started!
    Apart from that bit of unclearness, amaz.n was fairly good.

Thread Information