Thread: Tip of The Week...9/27/08

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Tip of The Week...9/27/08

What To Do When Flaws Found After Sale!
    ------------------------------
    When I find a flaw in a sold book that I hadn't noticed when I listed I usually include a few dollars and a very nice, apologetic note with the book. I either hear nothing at all from the buyer or, I receive glowing feedback about my honesty. Usually, it's a very small flaw like a little tear or a mark. I keep a few $2 bills on hand for such occasions. The unexpected and unusual nature of the "bookmark" seems to help...fortunately, I've only had to "bookmark" three books in 4 years!

Happy Selling Everyone!

Great idea - and its one that works for you.

We used to sell on the other side, so this tale was before me move here 4 wks ago.

I sold an alice band and when I gathered it together to send to the buyer, I noticed that there was a fault on it. I sent it to her anyway, as that's the one she bought, but I enclosed a letter expalining the fault, and if she wasn't happy with it then I could understand. I explained that she needn't go to the fuss of returning it, just to give it to her little daughter perhaps for dressing up, and if she wanted to choose an alternative, I would send it FOC. If she preferred a refund, then I'd sort it.

She was happy that I'd explained the problem in the letter, and chose an alternative. By my sending the faulty one to her, she was able to see the fault better than if I just messaged the fault to her. I had a satisfied customer and fab feedback, which as you may know - on the other side, good fb is hard work.

The way I look on good customer service is to put myself in the buyers shoes.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Genuine mistakes do happen and I have always found that to be honest and open with the buyer is always the best way forward; it has certainly stood me in good stead in this potentially mine strewn online trading business.

All-About babypanda
    View babypanda's Listings
    Forum Posts

$2 bills!
    Smallest paper money in UK is £5 - ie nearly US$9

Thread Information