My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Repros in Antiques Category!

I admit, on the main site I sell on I am getting a lot of Australian customers at the moment, admittedly I am listing a few Australian cards, which would account for that ;-)

As with all countries it comes down more to the postal service not the person... some of my overseas customers now have either friends or a P.O. Box in other countries and have their cards sent there

Quote Originally Posted by millenniums View Post
    Hi Nancy: Honestly, I don't remember EVER shipping to Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland in ten years on Feebay.

you wouldn't.... unless you know where the town/city is within the UK (and lets face it why would you) you wouldn't know where you are sending an item as all the UK have post codes not which country within the UK they are in. Even with the county name in the address it would not help if you dont know where the county is. :-)

Forum Lurker
    View millenniums's Feedback (+4)
    All-About millenniums
    View millenniums's Listings
    Forum Posts

I remember where the Country is. Visited Portsmouth twice and London twice in 1966 and 1967. I was in the Navy at the time and you guys wouldn't let me buy my own drinks! One of the strangest things I remember was watching people line up in a neat row to board a bus. Here, everybody tries to get on at once! I think I'd remember if Wales or Northern Ireland was part of a mailing address. But then, my memory isn't what it used to be.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dianekmt View Post
    Hi everyone,
    It is a shame you guys have had trouble with selling outside your own country. Please don't forget Australia, we aren't a bad bunch here on the whole!
    I was going to say, what about Australia? Sold a lot there recently via eBid.

Never had a problem posting anywhere, Italy included! I must be doing something right but I'm not quite sure what it is.

I think I'd remember if Wales or Northern Ireland was part of a mailing address.
    that is what I was getting at.... Belfast is Northern Ireland but if you had a postal address it would be Belfast BTxx (city/area code) then another number and 2 letters (the street code) (which makes up the postcode) not Northern Ireland, it's the same with Scotland and Wales... it would be the town/city/village followed by the county (although that is not needed) followed by the postcode but not the Country within the UK... so unless you knew (for instance) Sunnylaw (FK09) was in Sterlingshire and that Sterlingshire was in Scotland, you wouldn't know the item was going to Scotland only that it was going to the UK.

Even I dont know where some of my items are going sometimes and I live here :-)

Visited twice in 1966 and 1967. One of the strangest things I remember was watching people line up in a neat row to board a bus. Here, everybody tries to get on at once!
    it's changed a bit since then :-) nowdays not only does everyone try to get on at once... you need to fight your way through those getting off at the same time as well... and as for buying you a drink... we wont even go there :-)

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ooooohhh, that is sad. My husband is English, and he says similar things. He thinks Australia is great, friendly and easy going compared to England.........you guys have such wonderful antiques though........
    I am glad not everyone has problems with selling overseas.
    Have a prosperous weekend.
    Diane.

Forum Lurker
    View millenniums's Feedback (+4)
    All-About millenniums
    View millenniums's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ahh! The times, they are changing! I'll bet you haven't started shooting at other cars while driving yet! That's an American custom! And drive-by shootings: Great Sport!
    Oh! Of course I included Australia, Diane! I've done a lot of buying and selling with them. Friendly and easy to deal with. Like me.

I'll bet you haven't started shooting at other cars while driving yet! That's an American custom. And drive-by shootings:
    and another one that has been imported over here... not as often as in the USA but it does happen.... mainly in London, and like the US mainly gang related

Diane. We have friends who have moved to both Australia and N.Z. according to them both countries are about 10 years behind the UK when it comes to things like that........... something for you to look forward to :-((

Thread Information