eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: store links?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gramma, we all have daft moments, especially when tired, I'm just happy to hear that you have an answer to some of your problems. Right then... this just leaves the Q&A thing. The behaviour you describe with things "dropping of your board" sounds normal to me - as I mentioned before, when Qs are answered they no longer show on the Q&A tab. However, this appears to leave the issue of the Q&A disappearing from the AAL for items.

Please can you confirm that you're seeing this happen *with your own items*? Can you give an ID for something you've sold that you know had a Q&A on it, that doesn't show on the AAL?

As I said earlier in the meleé, pointing to another seller's item doesn't really show us anything because we have no way of know what that seller has done to influence the situation.

Hope that all makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by gramma1111 View Post
    I Humbly come to both of you with incredible sorrow. I found the reason that my stores were not populating and it was my error. I did not categorize within each of the stores. So they all sat there with the "do not show in my store message." I took up a lot of your time, and for that I am truly sorry. Clock, I guess I am as stupid as my picture. I will also send my apologies to the supprt group. I suppose this comes from trying to work all night, without sleep. I have learned a lesson there too. This still doesn't explain why my after auction log disappeared, but for now I am going to bed, and will tackle that one tomorrow. I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.
    Awwwww (((Gramma)))
    No need for any incredible sorrow.
    Its all too easy to miss one little thing and get yourself in a right muddle. I know I've done it loads of times.

One of the best solutions is to walk away, have a cuppa and forget about it for a bit. Then when you come back to it, Voilą, You just seem to find the solution as if by magic
    Works for me anyway

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your a sweetheart. and perfectly correct.

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Good Morning Kimbo. Just had a whopping 12 hours of sleep, so I think I am now ready to tackle the final issue in a more sane way.

ITo answer your question, yes I watched it go wit my own eyes. I realize now that questions coming in from customers would drop off. The one in question now is the after auction log which normally stays on the board. This is the one that dropped off, including all previous posts. That entire thread is gone.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Gramma, glad you're feeling better!

Right...

Not sure what you mean by "the board" there?

The AAL sits at the end of your listing. You appear to be saying that on an item you sold the AAL has vanished off one of your closed listings? Is that right? What's the ID for that listing, please?

Not sure what you mean by "thread" in this context as that only applies to the forums, not anything on the selling side.

If the above looks like I haven't grasped what the problem is, can you restate it clearly trying to avoid any use of jargon (in case it's misplaced - no offence meant, but it's easy to pick up a term and not realise it has specific meanings!)

Still sticking in there, even if I can't promise any sort of answer!

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Sorry, I'm not that up on what everything is called, specifically, but here goes; In the AAL where all the correspondence between buyer and seller, (in this case I am the buyer) nomally all the correspondence between the two stays there until I delete it. In this case after I answered the sellers question, everything disappeared as soon as I hit the button at the bottom of the page, I think it says "post reply". The log in question is for 1221035771-1291-0.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Okay, this brings us back to the basic issue I've raised a couple of times... if you are the buyer not the seller you can't possibly expect to have control of what happens to the AAL - the seller could have chosen to clear everything without reference to you, for example by temporarily blackballing you and selecting "remove questions". I don't know why they would, but they could. I asked you this before, sorry to repeat myself but you must have missed it... what does the seller say has happened? And why is it a problem if the Q was answered and done with?

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

I was wrong when I said both were customers. One was a customer and one was the seller. In this case the seller is new, and I don't think shewould know to block and remove. The conversation stemmed around the fact that she could not upload to her store, but in checking last night before I went to bed all of her items were in her store. I haven't spoken to her since because I went to bed. Why important? I think it was important yesterday becuse of all that was happening. This morning it doesn't really seem all that important.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Okay, then I'm sorry but I'm retiring from the field. I'm glad you got some problems sorted, but I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve now, so I'll back away and hope you feel more comfortable about where you are now. No doubt talk again soon.

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Thanks for all your help. It is definately time to move on.

Thread Information