Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do you want to keep or lose the flashing r's ?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose the flashing r's

120 88.24%
  • Keep the flashing r's

16 11.76%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll to keep or lose the flashing r's

FLASHING red means don't go there or you will be electrocuted, fried, run over etc.. Do G & M know these threads exist? We might just be voicing opinions into thin air.

I agree that the "r" should be used on auctions that DO have a reserve, not the other way round.
    Last edited by *artsbanquet*; 24th September 2008 at 12:44 PM.

View AnnaBee's Feedback (+57)
    All-About AnnaBee
    View AnnaBee's Listings
    Forum Posts

When you list an item you have to fill in the reserve price section with the starting price. Tick the box for no reserve. That seems fine??? If you go to edit the item the starting price and the RESERVE price are filled in (the same amount) ????????

I think that's a quirk of how the database is structured and, in fairness, sellers can get used to such quirks. At least that doesn't show up on listings to confuse buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaBee View Post
    When you list an item you have to fill in the reserve price section with the starting price. Tick the box for no reserve. That seems fine??? If you go to edit the item the starting price and the RESERVE price are filled in (the same amount) ????????
    If you just tick the NO Reserve box, you don't need to fill in the price, it's done for you.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Your spider is freaky Gothicina! No matter where I go it keeps looking at me.... So I suppose there are worse things than the flashing Rs!! LOL

View AnnaBee's Feedback (+57)
    All-About AnnaBee
    View AnnaBee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    If you just tick the NO Reserve box, you don't need to fill in the price, it's done for you.
    I didn't say that - I said that if you DON'T have a reserve it does say that you have a reserve in the edit listing page......

Why have reserves in any case. They may be a good idea in real life live auctions of property or valuable works of art and here the starting price is usually near to the reserve price. Starting prices of say 99p for an item that is obviously worth far more and with a reserve only make buyers suspicious and put them off, which is the last thing we want to do. Get rid of reserves and all listings will show 'bid' or 'buy' clearly, everyone will know where they are, and there will no longer be any need for the flashing 'r'

Thread Information