Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do you want to keep or lose the flashing r's ?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose the flashing r's

120 88.24%
  • Keep the flashing r's

16 11.76%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll to keep or lose the flashing r's

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Or turn it into something that indicates that it has bids on

I voted to lose them already......but does anyone actually know what the flashing red r is suppose to be saying? We all seem to agree that to us it means RESERVE NOT MET.......is that actually what it is suppose to mean??? I can't find a page on note anywhere saying what the R means and it doens't disappear or change color or anything when a bid is placed..... and I do not have reserves yet they are on every one of my auctions!!! JUST GET RID OF THEM!! Or like Meebo says change it to indicate there is a bid and have it appear ONLY AFTER THERE IS A BID in a solid NON-FLASHING MODE. Use glow if you want emaphsis.....I'd love to see a glowing B on my auction if it has a bid!

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

They actually mean that they don't have a set reserve

No comment.....that statement just has to be a NO COMMENT because anything I would say would not be fit for printing. Where is that written Meebo....I just have to read this for myself.......(walks away shaking head and muttering to self.......)

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am sorry, I just can't remember where it says that. It's been discussed in the forum before. Try listing something with a reserve(haven't done this myself yet) and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    I voted to lose them already......but does anyone actually know what the flashing red r is suppose to be saying? We all seem to agree that to us it means RESERVE NOT MET.......is that actually what it is suppose to mean??? I can't find a page on note anywhere saying what the R means and it doens't disappear or change color or anything when a bid is placed..... and I do not have reserves yet they are on every one of my auctions!!! JUST GET RID OF THEM!! Or like Meebo says change it to indicate there is a bid and have it appear ONLY AFTER THERE IS A BID in a solid NON-FLASHING MODE. Use glow if you want emaphsis.....I'd love to see a glowing B on my auction if it has a bid!
    From the latest Newsletter

When searching for a bargain, I first look for the flashing that tells me I am not wasting my time bidding against a reserve price. Next, I look at the starting price and then I look at the postage & packaging costs before checking out the seller details. So, if you want to attract one of Ed's buyers, that's how to do it.

From the help pages
    12) What do all the icons mean?
    http://uk.ebid.net/help_bid.php#12
    Last edited by Gothicina; 18th September 2008 at 07:52 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Try listing something with a reserve(haven't done this myself yet) and see what happens
    Ugh.......I just can't do that........if that's the way it is then this is totally backwards....and again please don't get me started because I will just get everyone throwing rocks if I really said what I am thinking right now............muttering some more......#@@$%^%@@!!##@$%%^&&*$#@@@!f43fdlllWTF## $%^#@@!@!!!!!!!!!!@@@#$@!!!!!

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

come on, it's not that bad. I just did a relist and put a reserve on it. this is the number if you want to check it out: 1221767210-2459-0. And there is no flashing R if it's a BIN only

You are so clever, Gothicina, I can never remember where I have read something.

When searching for a bargain, I first look for the flashing that tells me I am not wasting my time bidding against a reserve price. Next, I look at the starting price and then I look at the postage & packaging costs before checking out the seller details. So, if you want to attract one of Ed's buyers, that's how to do it.

Well whoever Ed is he is very strange ....and if you think about it for awhile I bet you would have to admit if you actually search this way on here it's only because you know the quirks of the site and have been here forever. What would this writer see if they had on their "new visitor" hat and their experience was coming from sites like the Bay? Surely everyone probably agrees that that is the place many of the new buyers and sellers are coming from..........? (back to my little corner.........muttering about ivory towers, etc.....etc....etc.....)

come on, it's not that bad. I just did a relist and put a reserve on it. this is the number if you want to check it out: 1221767210-2459-0. And there is no flashing R if it's a BIN only

You are so clever, Gothicina, I can never remember where I have read something.
    I beg to disagree.....it is that bad.....first impressions are everything in this business and I can introduce you to sellers and buyers who will not come here because they find it just too frustrating and confusing. This is an excellent site, but it is very complex and when you throw in non-standard practices of major expectations like how reserves are identified.....well you are just asking to be shunned. So be it if no one wants to listen. It isn't going to affect BIN sellers or FIXED PRICE sellers....I understand that, but it is a DEAL BREAKER for auction sellers. So are auction sellers unwelcome here.....because that is exactly how I am beginning to feel. Sorry that is a FACT!!

And this blurp from Ed, whoever he is, still does not say where on the directions for using this site is an icon identifying page so new users know what they are looking at......the quote from Gothicinia is from a recent newsletter. I understand the blinkers have been here for ages and ages.
    Last edited by rainbowseeker; 18th September 2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Rethought a couple things

Thread Information