Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do you want to keep or lose the flashing r's ?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose the flashing r's

120 88.24%
  • Keep the flashing r's

16 11.76%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Poll to keep or lose the flashing r's

I have IE7 and they are gone for me. Maybe you need to hold the shift key down and hit refresh so you load a new page.....or clear cache. They are totally gone for me and I only have one browser and it IE7........

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

No, still there, but not in Mozilla.

Same for some other ebidders, too.

Ah well, half way there.

Hopefully they will disappear for you too Victor. Maybe you have to wait for the next eBid system update before it takes affect for you. I don't know when this happened......I just found out from the message on the board a little while ago. Keep the faith......it looks like they are gone!!!

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Hopefully they will disappear for you too Victor. Maybe you have to wait for the next eBid system update before it takes affect for you. I don't know when this happened......I just found out from the message on the board a little while ago. Keep the faith......it looks like they are gone!!!
    I am now probably showing my lack of computer knowledge I use Mozilla usually, so no problems with the 'r's; but I also use AOL - my ISP - which I believe 'takes over' part of IE, so that maybe why some of us are still seeing flashing 'r's when not in Mozilla. May the faith live on!

Using IE7 here seem to have gone, and there was much rejoicing through the land
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View prism2's Feedback (+95)
    All-About prism2
    View prism2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the "flashing R" absense has made the site look a lot better in my opinion. Nice to see the head guys taking on board the view of most people (88%)
    Paul

Partner trades as Raindropsies

Quote Originally Posted by victorfrank View Post
    I am now probably showing my lack of computer knowledge I use Mozilla usually, so no problems with the 'r's; but I also use AOL - my ISP - which I believe 'takes over' part of IE, so that maybe why some of us are still seeing flashing 'r's when not in Mozilla. May the faith live on!
    What AOL does (I believe)- they act as a caching proxy - what they do is fetch the page and then they "cache" (store) the page and images locally to reduce their bandwidth usage, and then they hand you that- it will probably take some time to get it refreshed

I havent really looked in depth yet myself to test this out, but my last visit earlier today , seems like they still show up (this may be due to cached templates on the server, this may also take some time- give it 24-48 hours to fully propagate the changes to the entire cluster.. ) if the flashing r's are still there a week from now, then I'd have to say "oops, they must have missed a few"

--EDIT--
    Just posted a new auction, testing bulk upload at ebid.info (Awesome job, BTW!) and checking my brand new listing, I still see that evil, nasty flashing R icon .. I am hoping it is just a cached template that hasnt migrated to the us server cluster yet.. or something... but it is still there - in the listing view and the category results page both... so it isnt gone quite yet...

--EDIT #2 --
    Tested in I.E. 7 it is gone, cleared my Firefox cache completely (third time) and it is also gone in firefox too. So, cached stuff may sometimes tend to "stick" and have to clear browser cache (Temporary Internet Files, etc) several times to get rid of it finally..
    Last edited by Idealproductsales; 21st February 2009 at 06:00 PM.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Has anyone noticed the "flashing r" is still there, but invisible? See the space between the title and BUY NOW tag? I put my curser on it and "No Reserve Auction OR Reserve Price Met" appears. I'm not complaining or anything, I just remember a post that stated that the color could be changed to white to make it invisible.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by birdwatcher2008; 22nd February 2009 at 09:20 PM.

Thread Information