My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: eBid UP ^^^^ feebay DOWN...

Makes me wonder why feebay is shown as a worldwide auction site and ebid is split as well. Seems to me that PSU may be sponsored by them to make feebay look good. I would like to know how many listings Feebay UK actually have as they seem to be very secretive about it, I can't find an exact count anywhere that specifies the count for UK alone only an estitmate at 10 million listings.

Has anyone else noticed that feebay now looks like a Betterware or kleeneze magazine?

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by This_year View Post
    Makes me wonder why feebay is shown as a worldwide auction site and ebid is split as well. Seems to me that PSU may be sponsored by them to make feebay look good. I would like to know how many listings Feebay UK actually have as they seem to be very secretive about it, I can't find an exact count anywhere that specifies the count for UK alone only an estitmate at 10 million listings.

Has anyone else noticed that feebay now looks like a Betterware or kleeneze magazine?
    I very much agree with all the points which you have made here.

hello,
    felt I had to drop a couple of observations in here.

Playing devils advocate! Feebay is still the ultimate auction site - but it's crown is slipping - and its gaining momentum!
    Astral makes very valid observations - ebid needs more choice - far more choice than there currently is!!! You can question the number of genuine listings on feebay but it easily outstrips any other auction site in volume! I know sometime ago I read a report saying ebay had ‘created listings to bolster its share price’. But regardless, you are talking many millions of auctions.
    I personally am a collector and the sort of things I have purchased on feebay are rarely, if ever, seen here (at the moment)! I have sold many items on feebay and spent a large percentage of the money back on feebay.
    While I purchased 1970 Isle of Wight tickets, Guinness & Hard Rock Cafe pins, I also picked up washing machine parts and games for my daughter. As a buyer, I will soon disappear from feebay as I am no longer wanted as a seller, - and that was how I paid for the goods I purchased. Feebay is making yet another, and this time possibly fatal mistake in getting rid of small sellers as many of us are also buyers.
    Feebay was created originally by collectors and many more flocked to feebay to feed their anorak habits (I include myself in that) will now need a new site to find those interesting bits that will soon disappear, as the less expensive items go in feebays efforts to model itself on Amazon!

I have been on ebid for 3 years and in reality very few people have heard of it - so its up to all members to get the message out! Ebid has grown - there are far more auctions and far more lookers than there were. It has great potential!! AWARENESS though advertising is the key - it will bring more sellers and along with them will come buyers.
    Ebid has the opportunity to steal ebays sellers and buyers - if it really goes for It! Why not aim a direct advert at ebay on primetime TV - not illegal supermarkets do it every day!!
    I understand that today ebid is launching a media campaign in the US...
    “Online auction site, eBid.net announced its official launch in the U.S., increasing its global presence to 18 territories across the US and Canada, UK, Africa, Asia and Australasia. To support the launch, eBid is investing in a PR and radio media campaign”.
    ...its a pity that ebid don’t do a similar thing in the UK.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE

Quote Originally Posted by goldenwonders View Post
    Ebid has the opportunity to steal ebays sellers and buyers - if it really goes for It! Why not aim a direct advert at ebay on primetime TV - not illegal supermarkets do it every day!!
    I understand that today ebid is launching a media campaign in the US...
    “Online auction site, eBid.net announced its official launch in the U.S., increasing its global presence to 18 territories across the US and Canada, UK, Africa, Asia and Australasia. To support the launch, eBid is investing in a PR and radio media campaign”.
    ...its a pity that ebid don’t do a similar thing in the UK.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE
    Search the forums for the TV thing its been mentioned many many times. Also UK radio and billboard advertising are already planned/under way.

hi all newbie buyer here,like the site just to say if greedbay drive out all the small sellers then buyers like me will start to look elsewhere like ebid,
    ebay started as a forum for small sellers,where people could grab a bargain from people who ran there business from home with low overheads .if the other side only have large sellers then they willonly have companies who know they can set a price and that the few other rivals will be offfering the same thing at the same price,then ebay will be nothing more then a high street shopping mall who only want to offer new products at buy it now prices.anyway best of luck hope ebid keeps up the fight for the sake of sellers and buyers like my self.not a big fan of bullies myself

The eBid ad is still there.

eBid US has 1,513,241 auctions
    eBid UK has 1,495,205 auctions

Both are up more than 5%

Cool ebay 25 M, others ???

Interesting, as an ex-ebayer, I am going to check this often! Figures are VERY encouraging if you look at it this way: ebay has approx. 25 Million auctions a day, and everyone else has 16 million. And gap is narrowing. Ebay shows less than 1% increase, yet most of the competition, shows higher (i.e. ebid at 5%). It seemed like only yesterday that ebay was bragging that on any given day it had 100 million listings!!

When I looked on Saturday, listings were up 150,000 (combined for both eBid sites) . . . new listings by sellers.

Now, there's a drop of over 10,000 listings . . . has to be new listings minus purchases by buyers.

The increase/decrease is for the past 24 hours. This is NOT a bad thing! We're going to have to keep adding new listings to get ahead again.

Thread Information