Forum Lurker
    View brownfish's Feedback (+3011)
    All-About brownfish
    View brownfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ejean9 View Post
    Lol..
    Pleased that you find it amusing, however for new users to e-bid just beginning to advertise their stores it may be rather frustrating to say the least for an experienced user to continually break the forum posting rules both in the number of threads they have running and constantly bumping their stores throughout the day - I see it as unfair myself but there we go...will leave the forum saints to "lol" together

Quote Originally Posted by brownfish View Post
    Pleased that you find it amusing, however for new users to e-bid just beginning to advertise their stores it may be rather frustrating to say the least for an experienced user to continually break the forum posting rules both in the number of threads they have running and constantly bumping their stores throughout the day - I see it as unfair myself but there we go...will leave the forum saints to "lol" together
    I read this and checked the "plug your auctions" forum and still don't get it. What did ejean do other than "lol"? And I don't feel she was laughing at anyone in or at anything in particular either....is it just me or are you just taking out your frustration on the first person handy? To group all the forum saints as "lol"ing together is not fair either. I can feel your frustration here but I think maybe just seeing an "lol" in a thread is similar to a "bump" here? Sorry...I'll go back in my corner now and be incognito once again. lol

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brownfish View Post
    How dare you ? I was in fact, "lol" at Mrsandman...as it looked as though they had just realised they were "plugging" too much.
    I have on many occassions pm someone to let them know they were breaking the rules..rather than make it a public issue...normally, i would have pm you a response to your comment, but as the comment is there for all to see, i have responded here.What i certainly do not find amusing is your attempt at ridicule of me...please do not do it again.

Now that I look for it, I can see why brownfish got so frustrated, it was just taken out on the wrong person. What do you do when someone blatantly ignores the rules, even though it's obvious they know what they are doing? It's not fair to others who are trying to do the right thing and abide by the rules.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very, very, very few people abuse the plug rules on purpose, in my experience. I can only think of one person who has done so in my time here, and I'm completely sure he was taking the mickey!

Anybody who's broken the rules recently almost certainly either doesn't know them, or doesn't understand them. Kindness and explanation - probably quietly out of the public gaze - is far more likely to achieve anything, rather than public humiliation. If you know who the person is (I don't) then please explain to them what the problem is.

Thank you Kim. I'll try that and see what comes about.

Thread Information