Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Please Make Sure to Read the Forums Posting Rules

Default Please Make Sure to Read the Forums Posting Rules

single pimping thread per person within the Plug Your Auctions forum. Limited to one bump per day

Forum Lurker
    View brownfish's Feedback (+3011)
    All-About brownfish
    View brownfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

bump

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SandysGifts View Post
    single pimping thread per person within the Plug Your Auctions forum. Limited to one bump per day
    Is this a new rule that I've missed somewhere along the line? It's always been one thread per seller (although not everyone adheres to that rule) but one bump per day? I never received anything telling me about that rule and have never read it anywhere else. Off to search the forum rules now!

Edited in: I couldn't come back to respond as it would have been classed as a second bump. OOPS, sorry! What happens if someone else responds to our plug thread - is that classed as a bump?
    Last edited by nykmedia; 13th September 2008 at 03:55 PM.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

plug your auction is very usefull
    I have just got some record hard backed envelopes to sell here as there was no one selling them
    so to let other members know they are here its very useful
    Al

do not know how this applies but it is at the top read before post

- No pimping (advertising own auctions) allowed, apart from a single pimping thread per person within the Plug Your Auctions forum. Limited to one bump per day. If you start a new one, delete the old one, this is counted as a bump.

Quote Originally Posted by quadilicious View Post
    There is no written rule for ONE bump per day

this is always in discussion to which the simple answer is

get rid of the blerdy plug auction section and use the space for some more constructive.

after all we all have the ability to plug our auctions on every post we make via our signature tag.
    Sorry Wez but there is. This was introduced a few months ago (maybe less)

This is taken from forum rules.

No pimping (advertising own auctions) allowed, apart from a single pimping thread per person within the Plug Your Auctions forum. Limited to one bump per day. If you start a new one, delete the old one, this is counted as a bump.

Forum Rules - Please follow these.
    Simple rules of posting.

- No swearing in whatever language or whatever spelling.

- No pimping (advertising own auctions) allowed, apart from a single pimping thread per person within the Plug Your Auctions forum. Limited to one bump per day. If you start a new one, delete the old one, this is counted as a bump.

- No posting of personal data, names, addresses or potentially slanderous accusations or allegations against named individuals.

- Signature links can be made to sites outside eBid as long as the linked site is not e-commerce enabled.

- Users must use only a single username on the forums. Multiple forum identities aren't allowed.

- Blatant defamatory comments aimed at undermining eBid as a business and/or promoting competitor sites.

- Chat, joke, discuss, respect differences of opinion but don't take things over the line and get personal.

An infraction point is given each time anyone breaks these rules.

First Ban (1 point) is 2 Days
    Second Ban (2 points) is 7 Days
    Third Ban (3 points) is Permanent.

Please use the "Report" button when you feel it is necessary and all we ask is that everyone behaves in an adult manner.

Thanks All
    Gazza

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    Is this a new rule that I've missed somewhere along the line? It's always been one thread per seller (although not everyone adheres to that rule) but one bump per day? I never received anything telling me about that rule and have never read it anywhere else. Off to search the forum rules now!

Edited in: I couldn't come back to respond as it would have been classed as a second bump. OOPS, sorry! What happens if someone else responds to our plug thread - is that classed as a bump?
    I asked admin directly regards this, the simple answer is no but if a question is asked then you cannot reply on the thread in the 24 hour period.

This then happened to me where I was asked a question on a bump thread, so I had to reply to the question through private message

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

all very confusing..lol..but..the click report button is only for harrassment/fighting ect..so if you click it and someone dosent realise what they have done..they get a ban...seems harsh..

Thread Information