My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lots of people looking, no one buying

I'm in the same boat (views without sales), have been for six months, which makes me believe it's not specifically the 'economy' issue were up against.. more the 'curiosity crowd'.
    Following recommendations on the forum I have:
    bumped up the number of auctions (1400+);
    tried to make them attractive without being too wordy or abrupt;
    accepted all methods of payment;
    provided information in the 'About Me' page;
    kept the prices & postage low..
    I've also added (only in the past few days) the Google datafeed for the USA - I added UK first, but that appears as 'No Items'(?!)

All my (few) sales for the past month have come from repeat customers (from feeBay) - and prob only because the feeBay account was suspended (again).. I would Love to dump that place in the ocean somewhere and use only eBid for auctions, but this is impossible until sales 'start' moving. I'd also Really appreciate any feedback/suggestions to improve the situation (PM if you prefer!) 'cos right now I'm at a loss..

This may be relevant, which is why I'll mention it here.. (note to admin, especially).. Many (feeBay) customers I emailed over to eBid ONLY browse 'my' stores/items - they found the shop-browsing 'awkward' or 'unfriendly' (their words) - there are No Links back the shop homepage after a search term has been entered.. cannot click the shop Logo or any 'link' that says 'Home' etc. I'm sure we are ALL losing out in some way because of this. Sorry to go off-thread, but I thought it important enough to mention.

Best of luck, all..
    Steve

Forum Lurker
    Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View goldsovereign's Feedback (+7)
    All-About goldsovereign
    View goldsovereign's Listings
    Forum Posts

# 51. When I clicked your "InOurShop" signature pic (above) it takes you to http://uk.ebid.net/browse_stores.php which is the main ebid stores front page,

instead of http://uk.nine.ebid.net/stores/InOurShop.

However, when I go to your other shop links and click on the "InOurShop" it loads the correct shop page. Somewhat confusing and worth checking out.

Forum Lurker
    All-About goldsovereign
    Forum Posts

This may be relevant, which is why I'll mention it here.. (note to admin, especially).. Many (feeBay) customers I emailed over to eBid ONLY browse 'my' stores/items - they found the shop-browsing 'awkward' or 'unfriendly' (their words) - there are No Links back the shop homepage after a search term has been entered.. cannot click the shop Logo or any 'link' that says 'Home' etc. I'm sure we are ALL losing out in some way because of this. Sorry to go off-thread, but I thought it important enough to mention.

Best of luck, all..
    Steve[/quote]

Interesting observations from your feebay customers that hopefully ebid admin will take on board to provide improved 'user friendly' solutions. Part of the problem is that buyers, once used to a particular system, do not adapt easily to something new. But the points you have raised are very valid and worth further investigation by admin.

Thanks for pointing that out (fixed now) - the name & links changed recently, but totally forgot about the signature

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by goldsovereign View Post
    # 51. When I clicked your "InOurShop" signature pic (above) it takes you to http://uk.ebid.net/browse_stores.php which is the main ebid stores front page,

instead of http://uk.nine.ebid.net/stores/InOurShop.

However, when I go to your other shop links and click on the "InOurShop" it loads the correct shop page. Somewhat confusing and worth checking out.

Forum Lurker
    All-About goldsovereign
    Forum Posts

Smile

My pleasure

View AnnaBee's Feedback (+57)
    All-About AnnaBee
    View AnnaBee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Hi there, just wondering, as this isn't my greatest field of experience, is it common for items to get a fair bit of attention and no bids? I have four items up for sale (see links in my signature for information) and loads more ready and waiting to go, but I don't want to put any more up as so far I haven't had a single bite on what I have up already.

There are a fair few people looking as the views go up daily, but no one bids or even asks any questions. It can't just be that I am trying to sell a product that no one is interested in, though I accept that as a possibility, there has to be more to it than that.

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can convert some of this interest into sales? What am I doing wrong?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Back to the original question (still can't figure out how to get that box copied)

Apollo:

I just moved an item over from our GreedBay store that had 483 views and no one bought it. It's a fairly rare vintage camera accessory. I think the economy is part of the problem, because people on their forums are also complaining that no one is buying. Also read in another of their threads that eBid is now the second largest auction site in the U.S. for small sellers (not the mass merchandisers). No way to be sure that's accurate, but I think we have a lot of ex-GreedBayers here!

As long as we all hang in here and don't get discouraged, the buyers will find us. Every new seller brings in more potential customers from Google.
    It seems to be a general trend - many lookers but no buyers. It is often muted on the forums & in other Auction site forums too (sadly). I appreciate that there are those doing OK on ebid but in general my feeling is that no one is selling much.
    What are the views of you all as to why this is?
    Could you each give 1 reason you think is preventing buyers actually buying?
    It may be interesting to see what everyone thinks...........

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InOurShop View Post
    I'm in the same boat (views without sales), have been for six months, which makes me believe it's not specifically the 'economy' issue were up against.. more the 'curiosity crowd'.
    This phenomenon, views without sales, has been brought up periodically on these forums over the past year and a half (probably longer). I've developed at least one strategy that's helpful in turning more of those views into sales. I don't have time to repeatedly post details here so I'm currently preparing a blog to pass on the information. I'll post a link when it's ready.

Forum Lurker
    All-About goldsovereign
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    This phenomenon, views without sales, has been brought up periodically on these forums over the past year and a half (probably longer). I've developed at least one strategy that's helpful in turning more of those views into sales. I don't have time to repeatedly post details here so I'm currently preparing a blog to pass on the information. I'll post a link when it's ready.
    Are not the vast majority of 'views' from ebid community members who pick up our shop links from these forums? Curiousity is perhaps the common theme here. Also, each time you 'view' your own auction adds 1 extra view to the total !

I wish there was an 'opt-out' to this.. I auto-clear the hits for each reposting to get some idea of the interest in an item, but would Really like to view the page without affecting the count sometimes.. (or without having to go into 'edit' to check/copy the text.) Oops, off-track again, sorree.

"...Also, each time you 'view' your own auction adds 1 extra view to the total !"

Why do you need to go and view your auctions? just go into MyEbid/Auctions I'm Running it gives you a list that shows the number of views.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information