Forum Lurker
    Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View goldsovereign's Feedback (+7)
    All-About goldsovereign
    View goldsovereign's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You need to select your signature picture (bottom of the edit signature page) and tell it to add it to your sig. All on the same page.

I have done as you suggested, having first uploaded the signature picture. The picture is there on the edit signature page but as you will see it still wont add to my signature!! What can I be doing wrong?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the insert signature picture link isn't working, try adding it manually using this code:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just type that into your signature text box where you want the pic to appear. Don't worry about the underline that's showing on mine, it's because it's a link. One thing at a time!

Hi there, just wondering, as this isn't my greatest field of experience, is it common for items to get a fair bit of attention and no bids? I have four items up for sale (see links in my signature for information) and loads more ready and waiting to go, but I don't want to put any more up as so far I haven't had a single bite on what I have up already.

There are a fair few people looking as the views go up daily, but no one bids or even asks any questions. It can't just be that I am trying to sell a product that no one is interested in, though I accept that as a possibility, there has to be more to it than that.

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can convert some of this interest into sales? What am I doing wrong?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Back to the original question (still can't figure out how to get that box copied)

Apollo:

I just moved an item over from our GreedBay store that had 483 views and no one bought it. It's a fairly rare vintage camera accessory. I think the economy is part of the problem, because people on their forums are also complaining that no one is buying. Also read in another of their threads that eBid is now the second largest auction site in the U.S. for small sellers (not the mass merchandisers). No way to be sure that's accurate, but I think we have a lot of ex-GreedBayers here!

As long as we all hang in here and don't get discouraged, the buyers will find us. Every new seller brings in more potential customers from Google.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Back to the original question (still can't figure out how to get that box copied)
    You mean the quote box? When posting a new reply, you should see Quote / Reply buttons on the right of the screen under each post ... if you hit quote on the post you want to quote it put's their original text in quotes in your reply

Quote Originally Posted by ruthiewildchild View Post
    You mean the quote box? When posting a new reply, you should see Quote / Reply buttons on the right of the screen under each post ... if you hit quote on the post you want to quote it put's their original text in quotes in your reply
    OK, I'm giving it a try . . .

Yay, it worked! Thanks for the tip.

Forum Lurker
    Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View goldsovereign's Feedback (+7)
    All-About goldsovereign
    View goldsovereign's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the insert signature picture link isn't working, try adding it manually using this code:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just type that into your signature text box where you want the pic to appear. Don't worry about the underline that's showing on mine, it's because it's a link. One thing at a time!
    Hi, the problem was that I had not chosen the correct text editor. Now all ok!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hurrah!

Forum Lurker
    View indikrystal's Feedback (+80)
    All-About indikrystal
    View indikrystal's Listings
    Forum Posts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Kimbo I was having trouble with this as well and you have been a great help.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    If you have your paypal, google checkout, pppay email addresses set up in your 'my defaults' area the payment buttons will appear on the automated after sales email that ebid issues. If you take up the seller+ offer you can issue invoices, combined postage etc.. direct from the ebid after auction log. Once you get used to navigating ebid you'll find it's actually much easier than feebay
    Thanks for the information had my Paypal set up, but didn't realise I could do the defaults. Still learning :-)

Thread Information