My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lots of people looking, no one buying

I had a few people from the other side say they'd missed my item (just finishing them off over there) and one signed up and purchased from me.

Then of course I had to find out how to deal with the sale, expecting to be able to do invoice/dispatch note per the other side. Took a while to figure out I had to use the Paypal invoice. and the invoice I sent to my customer missed off the postage, but they'd already paid by poopal, so not a problem. Now awaiting my feedback.

I'm struggling now to get my signature correct, it's all out of line at the moment and I'd like to add my shop banners to each one, if anyone knows how.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can only have one banner in your sig. If you go back to the "edit signature" screen and scroll down to the bottom you will see where you can browse/select your signature pic. Remember to then choose to add it to your sig!

Forum Lurker
    Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View goldsovereign's Feedback (+7)
    All-About goldsovereign
    View goldsovereign's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm a relative newbie to eBid (ex feepay!). To date I have sold just one item but I am not dispirited. In fact, today I have just opened my first shop. I now have to add more stock which I hope will attract the bidders. Comments on my shop banner would be appreciated. Good luck selling! Clive

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Coin-Vault
    Last edited by goldsovereign; 26th September 2008 at 02:23 AM. Reason: wrong store URL previously given

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Booksbygones View Post
    I had a few people from the other side say they'd missed my item (just finishing them off over there) and one signed up and purchased from me.

Then of course I had to find out how to deal with the sale, expecting to be able to do invoice/dispatch note per the other side. Took a while to figure out I had to use the Paypal invoice. and the invoice I sent to my customer missed off the postage, but they'd already paid by poopal, so not a problem. Now awaiting my feedback.

I'm struggling now to get my signature correct, it's all out of line at the moment and I'd like to add my shop banners to each one, if anyone knows how.
    If you have your paypal, google checkout, pppay email addresses set up in your 'my defaults' area the payment buttons will appear on the automated after sales email that ebid issues. If you take up the seller+ offer you can issue invoices, combined postage etc.. direct from the ebid after auction log. Once you get used to navigating ebid you'll find it's actually much easier than feebay

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldsovereign View Post
    Comments on my shop banner would be appreciated. Good luck selling! Clive

Hiya - it's a nice font, but the colours are making it a bit difficult to read the smaller text. The contrast between the white background and the dark coins is going to make picking a colour that shows up on both pretty tricky. Perhaps you could try putting a coin at one end and the text next to it? Just a few thoughts since you asked.

Forum Lurker
    All-About goldsovereign
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Hiya - it's a nice font, but the colours are making it a bit difficult to read the smaller text. The contrast between the white background and the dark coins is going to make picking a colour that shows up on both pretty tricky. Perhaps you could try putting a coin at one end and the text next to it? Just a few thoughts since you asked.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your input. I have made changes to the colours as suggested. Is that better? I'll give some thought to changing the coins I'm using. Why doesn't my signature picture show? I've uploaded and saved it. What an idiot,,,,, didn't tick the options box D)!

Last edited by goldsovereign; 26th September 2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: trying to add signature

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know now if I can read it more easily, or it's just that I know what it says, but it's nice shade of pink - I'm a sucker for pink anyway.

Forum Lurker
    All-About goldsovereign
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I don't know now if I can read it more easily, or it's just that I know what it says, but it's nice shade of pink - I'm a sucker for pink anyway.
    Thanks, I think it looks better. I'll review it later. But I still can't get the picture signature to show. How do I do that?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You need to select your signature picture (bottom of the edit signature page) and tell it to add it to your sig. All on the same page.

Forum Lurker
    View indikrystal's Feedback (+80)
    All-About indikrystal
    View indikrystal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lisajohn2008 View Post
    i have just sold my first item, yippe & have had alot of views on most of my items, also had 3 people bidding on another, so i think its like everyone says, a little patience will pay off in the end, i love this site and am here for good
    Congratulations! I was going to ask the same question as I have also had a fair bit of interest but no buyers yet.Tried this site a couple of years ago but I am back now to stay. Can't wait for my first sale. I think this is such a friendly site and I cannot wait to get going.

Thread Information