My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lots of people looking, no one buying

Wow, I haven't been able to check this thread for a few days, thanks for all the feedback! I really appreciate it, some very good advice there. On my way to work right now, but I'll check back in later today with some replies and more Qs. Thanks again guys, good to see such a healthy community at work here, just another reason to chuck eBay.

Forum Lurker
    View bobyjo's Feedback (+1)
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

offer your items free..that might get some interest.

I would not be discouraged. Someone once told me that the right buyer has to come along.

Forum Newbie
    Rotherwick Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Bertie4's Feedback (+12)
    All-About Bertie4
    View Bertie4's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Lots of people looking no one buying - can I view watchers?

Hi,
    I've been listing on eBid (and that other eSeaside auction place) for almost 2 years... Ive just sold my 3rd item on eBid - so not exactly a dynamic form of income, but I wondered if there is any way to see if anyone is 'watching' my items rather than just viewing them ???

I've also resorted to using the auction format as a type of "buy it now" because I start the price off at the price I hope to sell it for, where as on the other site I would start the price off much lower to attract interest... I've never had more than 1 bid on any of the 3 items that I've sold here.

Of course I much prefer to sell here because of the fees...

Just imagine that there has been a bit of a disaster at another place where the sellers all used to congregate (well, there has really), that they have all been scattered to the four winds, and their businesses semi destroyed.

We need to regroup and rebuild. It didn't happen overnight in the original place, and it will take time here. It is happening though, as the word is getting out, exceptionally slow sales (nothing for me for the first 6 months I was here) are turning into merely slow, and I'm sure as we keep publicising and both buyers and other sellers find us, it will grow as it did "elsewhere".

The beauty of being here is that you're not spending a fortune on the way. I paid a one off fee and that's it, nothing else for as many listings as I want, so I can afford to keep my stock here for as long as it takes to sell, waiting to be matched to the person who is looking for it. I couldn't afford to do that in the other place, even back when it was normal.

Hi Bertie4 you may find it helpful to read this thread http://www.ebid.net/forum/showpost.p...postcount=5401
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

OP - You have an innovative item there!

However - compared to bracelets made of the same materials ( which of course are larger) your prices could be seen as exorbitant!
    Last edited by JudesNiceThings; 25th September 2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: mis-spelt
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Cool Free Postage !!!

To try & kick start sales, I have offered free postage to my first ten customers, ,may or may not work but worth a try.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would be more likely to work if you had a link as your forum sig and also posted a plugging thread on the Plug your auctions forum, Tradewinz, but it's a good idea and I hope you do very well here.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tradewinz View Post
    To try & kick start sales, I have offered free postage to my first ten customers, ,may or may not work but worth a try.
    This is a good idea and one which has worked for me.

Thread Information