My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lots of people looking, no one buying

I have put out my theory that item hits increase by 2 for every google upload. If this was case then it would be very misleading and therefore useless information. Can anyone from management confirm or deny this as it would be good to know whether to disregard the hits value or not.
    High Performance Graphics For High Performance Vehicles
    http://VoidComm-Power-Graphics.ebid.net
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handmade Timepieces From The Future
    http://Future-Clocks.ebid.net

I have also been struggling for buyers on here despite being quite successful elsewhere.

My suggestions would be to list some more usual sorts of jewellery may be some at lower prices while you get established. Keep the ones you've got listed as (another girly so not an expert here) I'm sure you will get some buyers who are hum .... curious about them and want to try them.

If you sell elsewhere then a). create a compliments slip with the details of your ebid shop and include with every parcel. Give them to your friends and anyone else you can think of. b). email existing regular customers letting them know where you are (but don't bombard them with emails it might upset them).

Good luck with it.

ps. you may be getting views because people type rude words into the interenet for fun to see what they find . or so I hear !!
    My First Thomas trains and books are available in my store. Please take a look

waterlily I see that only one of your listings has a picture, so adding those may help.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

This my best month so far cant see how i can lose, but if i come last that will show healthy sales for a lot of sellers.
    Ive even bought something my self.

Forum Newbie
    View yrragnwad's Feedback (+109)
    All-About yrragnwad
    View yrragnwad's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Apollo J,

I would list the rest of your items, give potential buyers more choice.

Xmas isn't far away now and somebody might be interested in them as an unusal gift for their partner.

One of those would certainly make a change from smelly's and socks.

Forum Newbie
    View thetoolman's Feedback (-1)
    All-About thetoolman
    View thetoolman's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would also help to offer free membership to buyers no one wants to pay to shop.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoolman View Post
    It would also help to offer free membership to buyers no one wants to pay to shop.

Buyer membership IS free.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoolman View Post
    Where does that happen?

Cool I had the same concern...

alot of people looking and no one buying? Could it be that we are new? I am transferring over from ebay where I had over 1300 100% positive feedback, but they had really messed me (long story for another forum) up and were getting too expensive.

I heard that ebid was very reasonable and very nice people ran the site --which I found to be true, but I am not selling anything--although I can list my merchandise cheaper because of the lower fees, but there are alot of views--interesting.

I am trying to figure out what to do to promote my stores on ebid? and/or build up consumer trust in me

OP, if i am the buyer, i will certainly want some privacy on that item you/re sellings...i wouldnt want other people to know if i'm buying it...So i suspect buyers are put offed to buy it? Do you sell it the same way on egay?

Unfortuinately that is not possible yet...

Thread Information