Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lots of people looking, no one buying

Unhappy Lots of people looking, no one buying

Hi there, just wondering, as this isn't my greatest field of experience, is it common for items to get a fair bit of attention and no bids? I have four items up for sale (see links in my signature for information) and loads more ready and waiting to go, but I don't want to put any more up as so far I haven't had a single bite on what I have up already.

There are a fair few people looking as the views go up daily, but no one bids or even asks any questions. It can't just be that I am trying to sell a product that no one is interested in, though I accept that as a possibility, there has to be more to it than that.

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can convert some of this interest into sales? What am I doing wrong?

Cheers!

I don't think it's anything you are doing wrong. I think it's just the current state of the economy worldwide. Right now, people are in a "saving" mode... because they know in just a short while they are going to be spending for the Holidays. Even on "ew"Bay my sales dropped to nothing. In fact, currently, I'm getting more "views" here than I did there, and I've just gotten a bid for an item here that nobody would even look at over there.

What with the Holidays coming up very soon, and "ew"Bay's new policies going into effect in just a matter of days, my advice for anyone here would be to LIST. List everything you might want to sell NOW. Have it ready for potential buyers when they come a'calling. Listing is FREE here, so it's not going to cost you anything but your time, and you never know when that certain person will be looking for that certain item that you just happen to have listed. They won't buy it if they can't find it.

You can always try "dual-listing"... list the same item on more than one site, and when one site gets a bid for the item, cancel it on the other site before it gets a bid there. I've tried that before with a few items but gave up on it because I was getting more "views" here than on any of the other "ew"Bay alternatives.

I still think it's just a little while longer to go before this site EXPLODES with activity. Not only are the sellers on "ew"Bay getting fed up, but now I'm hearing that the buyers over there can't find what they are looking for because their "Best Match" system has been found to have major glitches.

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

I see you still have a zero for your feedback perhaps buyiing a few things to kickstart it and get rid of the zero might improve things, as has been suggested before.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Don't forget you're offering a very 'eclectic' item.....
    Most will look out of sheer curiosity ( and I believe they are probably Sellers....not Buyers ).

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

I suspect that there's a lot of 'looking' going on - by people who have only just heard of eBid.

Of course, 'hits' don't give ANY true indication of interest - just as 'watchers' don't either - because people watch for all kinds of reasons.

Buyers will come - as said above - perhaps you should do a bit of low-value buying, to get used to how things work from a buyer's point of view, and to build a little feedback - a lot of people are a bit wary of buying from sellers with very low feedback - no reflection on the seller really - people are always cautious!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just keep going,keep at it.Good advice to buy if you can to build up your feedback and rather than let the same old thing run for time after time,alter the title and description,vary the price etc etc.
    Ebid hasn't caught the publics imagination in the way ebay did and there are whole categories missing and others with either overpriced items that have been there for years or none at all in them but the remedy for the former is in Ebids owners to sort out and for the latter its down to us.

I am in the same boat. I rotate my auctions, get tonnes of views and no buys. People are going to have to buy soon though, otherwise the charity shop gets it!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloJohnson View Post
    Hi there, just wondering, as this isn't my greatest field of experience, is it common for items to get a fair bit of attention and no bids? I have four items up for sale (see links in my signature for information) and loads more ready and waiting to go, but I don't want to put any more up as so far I haven't had a single bite on what I have up already.

There are a fair few people looking as the views go up daily, but no one bids or even asks any questions. It can't just be that I am trying to sell a product that no one is interested in, though I accept that as a possibility, there has to be more to it than that.

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can convert some of this interest into sales? What am I doing wrong?

Cheers!
    i have just sold my first item, yippe & have had alot of views on most of my items, also had 3 people bidding on another, so i think its like everyone says, a little patience will pay off in the end, i love this site and am here for good

HI
    There are buyers about, it's just getting them to buy on here. I also think that maybe you should buy a few bits to get your feedback going. That's what i did when i first started selling. Since then i have had quite a few sales.
    Good luck op.
    Jane

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi guys, I have just been doing a quick tally on the September challenge thread and it looks like September could be one of the busiest months so far. I'm amazed at how many sellers are already into double figues with numbers of sales and this is only the 12th of the month. Niche markets are excellent and fit in well with eBid, especially if you are prepared to go that extra mile to get your own publicity wagon on the road.

However, I am one of the guilty parties who looked and didn't buy, sorry, I wasn't prepared for that, the logo 'design you can wear' meant I was expecting fashion jewellery or accessories that could be worn in public. Didn't even know you could get that sort of designer jewellery... hmm... now I wonder who I know would wear something like that (I am female, so fon't wonder this way!) LOL Sorry if this makes more people go see what you are selling, must check back again and see how 'private' the listing is, just in case

Another suggestion: If you use this link http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi...arch&type=user in your signature then folks can see everything you have listed at the one time without impacting on the viewer figures too much and then there's more chance of someone clicking on the buy rather than just to see what you sell
    Last edited by nykmedia; 12th September 2008 at 01:23 PM.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Thread Information