eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very strange daily event

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tony, try reading some of the forums, the problem with hit counts going doolally has been discussed a great deal, and the management have suggested reasons - you just need to do some looking.

All-About tpypr
    View tpypr's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a listing that ranges anywhere from 0 to 1 to 2 views daily (I'd love to see it hit 3 sometime soon, just for a change of pace!) and I figured it was either because of the ecomony or new math.

I would check out the forums for some of the listing tips if I was you
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Glitch in database. Sometimes a database entry is not completed properly, often during very heavy loads, indexes on database has to be rebuilt, often causing the loss of anywhere from 1-5 records per relational item..

So, if you had views of 400 on one day, and that, or the next view happened at a time the database was under a heavy load, making it necessary to repair or rebuild the indexes, it'd be easy to lose 1-5 views on an item, and reduce your figure to 397.. then add two, and you have 399 views the next day.. losing one..

It is inherent to the nature of any relational database system.. nothing is 100% foolproof. I don't even pay attention to views- they are mostly meaningless - you could set up a hit bot and jack up your views to 10,000 views, but that doesn't mean anyone is interested in it. - Google, yahoo, msn search engine bots can hit that counter as well, so it's pretty much a useless statistic other than confirmation that "the world can see it" - to me there is no difference between 10 views and 10,000.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thread Information