Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Windsorbear can I suggest you change your listings to say 10 days with 10 relists, that way they filter t the top of the lists every so often rather than being permanently further down using your present strategy.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I like it. I'll attempt to get some of them changed this weekend. My satellite internet keeps going out, what with the tropical storm heading up this way. Have a feeling I may not be able to be online much this weekend because of it, be we'll see.

Thanks again!!

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

I see, a case of beware low flying dishes then
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Oh Very Well said Bob! - what a fantastic attitude!!

I was also very interested to know you had been on feebay for such a long time - (I've only been on there nearly 6 years) - feebay 'newbies' have only the bad times to look back on, so they can't take in the iniquity of what feebay has really done to the people who started them off and built them up!
    (That's why they take a lot more convincing to get off there)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    I was also very interested to know you had been on feebay for such a long time - (I've only been on there nearly 6 years) - feebay 'newbies' have only the bad times to look back on, so they can't take in the iniquity of what feebay has really done to the people who started them off and built them up!
    (That's why they take a lot more convincing to get off there)
    The old days over there were actually fun, except for the insertion fees. They were mostly "just a venue" then. When an item finally sold, the two parties contacted each other. The seller would ask the buyer how he wanted to pay for the item and how he wanted it shipped. There was no payment integration or shipping integration. There was NO PAYPAL. Back then, I'm pretty sure we had to provide our own statements and invoices as well. Yeah, it was more work involved, but it was also more "freedom". It was like selling from your own website, and in a way it was. They provided the listing, but that was about it. They rest was between the buyer and seller. That's the way it still should be. I think they started adding integrations to help the process, but didn't know when to stop. Eventually, they started calling the shots on everything. And let's face it... I'm almost 48 years old... I don't need to be told how to sell my surplus items sitting in my garage. I don't need to be told what payments I can accept or how much I can charge for shipping. If I want to accept a pet rock for payment and ship via way of the Alpha Centauri star system, that's between me and the buyer. Those of us that originally had that freedom over there cannot stand to see it be taken away as it has.

As such, I never really wanted to leave. I had invested 10 years of my life learning the ropes over there, and even though I was just a part-time hobby seller, I had gotten to the point where I was buying and selling for others as well as myself. And when I look back on all the things I bought over there over the years, I'm sure I paid for a few kids to get through college.

But all the old-time sellers have their breaking point. Mine was when they said I couldn't accept money orders anymore. Granted, I actually preferred receiving PayPal payments because I live in the middle of nowhere and have to drive forever to cash a check or money order. But it's the idea of being told that I can't take them. I'm PAYING THEM to be able to TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T DO??? Don't I already have that situation with government taxes???? Do I need to pay someone else to try and control me? I don't think so.

Anyway, I'm glad I got out when I did. And I'm very glad I found this site. I just hope other sellers over there that feel "trapped" will have the courage to just leave them, and sell somewhere else... even if it's not here. Just find somewhere else to sell. If necessary, just put the stuff on a table and have a daily yard sale. Just stop selling over there.

Whew... I will get off the soap box now and go eat a box of Twinkies.

Records, VideoDiscs, Tapes, Books, Puzzles, Gifts

If I want to accept a pet rock for payment and ship via way of the Alpha Centauri star system, that's between me and the buyer. Those of us that originally had that freedom over there cannot stand to see it be taken away as it has.

Agreed - I am a grown-up person - if I choose to accept postage stamps or dollar bills or euro notes in an envelope, it follows that I know the risks involved. I haven't sold anything to US on ebay since they stopped me asking for cash - before that, I used to have quite a few transatlantic sales.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information