Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Speed Problems

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    I'm with Virgin BB - but it's NOT that - I can navigate to anywhere else while eBid is down!

BTW - I have no complaints about Virgin - they serve me very well!
    I just preferred it when it was NTL

Maybe I just strike lucky - apart from last nights shutdown for maintenance, I havent (yet) noticed any probs on here

Actually - I had many more problems when it was NTL! LOL
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Actually - I had many more problems when it was NTL! LOL
    well there you go then! its your turn to have the speed dips!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About amieswares
    View amieswares's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ditto here in Warwick RI..

Just to put my two penn'orth!

When you started this thread, the only trouble I had had was the picture uploading process when listing - often 'timed out'.

Now EVERYTHING on EVERY SITE is taking longer. and often hanging so that I have to reboot.

I have cleared my cache, run antivirus, spyware check, and registry boosters, and checked my connection - all perfectly OK.

Anecdotally it' seems to be the same for a few of my friends in this area.

I'm in Bedford - using IE via Virgin (NTL) cable BB at the lowest rate.

I don't think it's eBid's fault!

takes several minutes or needs reboot here in Warwick Rhode Island
    Last edited by amieswares; 28th September 2008 at 01:27 AM. Reason: typo

Forum Newbie
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    All-About evilheidi
    View evilheidi's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi
    I've had terrible trouble uploading items for sale and posting to the forum both last night and this afternoon. I gave up altogether last night.

The worst was picking a category and then uploading images. I was waiting around 8-10 minutes for these, and the same to make a couple of posts earlier. Other things worked slightly faster but we're still talking minutes rather than seconds.

Everything else I was browsing online was going at a normal speed so I'm I don't think it's down to my Virgin 2MG broadband.

It was all rather tedious but I got there in the end with my two listings and three posts!!!!! Hope tomorrow's a better day.

Forum Newbie
    Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    All-About evilheidi
    View evilheidi's Listings
    Forum Posts

It just took 4 minutes to post my 'quick reply' above - oh the irony ha ha ;-)

Forum Newbie
    View ABCAnime's Feedback (+153)
    All-About ABCAnime
    View ABCAnime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Can't delete auctions well.

Hi all. I just wanted to report in that I cannot delete more than one auction at a time, no matter how many I choose. if I choose 5, it only deletes one. If I choose 75, it only deletes one.

eBid is also in general is loading very slowly for me today (ads, graphics, everything...).

You can check you speed by typing in myspeedtest.com into your browser. They used to have a free report and you can pick where (which city and country) you want your test to come from. I haven't checked for awhile but I'm sure its still up and running.

http://ca.ebid.net/stores/UBUYWAREHOUSE
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Newbie
    View ABCAnime's Feedback (+153)
    All-About ABCAnime
    View ABCAnime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    You can check you speed by typing in myspeedtest.com into your browser. They used to have a free report and you can pick where (which city and country) you want your test to come from. I haven't checked for awhile but I'm sure its still up and running.

http://ca.ebid.net/stores/UBUYWAREHOUSE
    That'd be very helpful, if the problem were on my end. But it's eBid that's running slow, not my connection (all other sites are functioning perfectly). No, for some reason eBid is running sluggish. Increased membership, perhaps?

FYI, your link doesn't work... the mention speedtest, but it seems to be some sort of circular link that just keeps linking back to a description of the service, without providing it.

Hi I just checked and it's the 3rd link on the page if you try a search engine. There is more than one speed test available. Not sure which search engine you use. I noticed whenever I made a listing that the banner on top of the page takes a long time to load before you can precede. Maybe if they removed that from the listing pages and only had it on the homepage it would help. Ebid seems to be opening quickly for me today but I have noticed myself that sometimes it seems very sluggish. They might have to do some more work on their mainframe servers as the site gets busier. I browsed alot of stores yesterday and one person's acted very strange. I had to remove some garbage with spybot after visiting their store. Hopefully people are keeping their antivirus uptodate but that doesn't always guarantee a trogan or worm making its way in. That will greatly affect your computer if it's bad enough.
    Last edited by canuckbid; 1st October 2008 at 01:11 AM.

Thread Information