Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Speed Problems

Quote Originally Posted by pkgiftemporium View Post
    26th November 2008 - Once again the auction discription is on a go slow - nearly 2 minutes waiting time between each movement and click of mouse.

Oh and by the way - Gazza`s profile says he has no friends - I beg to ask.... why? He seems a nice enough chap to me.
    gives the impression of favoritism - cant have that. every user must be treated equally - so even if it were one of the most popular and well liked sellers in forums or on ebid, if they broke rules and had to be punished, they would be.. likewise for a brand new person - and neither one could point to Gazza's friends list and say "Oh, but person X did something like that too, and didnt get in trouble, and I see why!"

bad for business

Gazza and Mark are great people, but they cannot afford to have friends/buddies publicly - what they think or how they feel about any one individual is up to them.. but they must avoid expressing it publicly.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    Seasons greetings!
    I have been having trouble since the upgrade, and can't access my listings in the WYSIWYG editors, either for new or relisting auctions.
    I am thinking, after trying lots of things, that it may be a speed problem, as the page never finishes loading. I have never had this problem before. I can only load the information if I use the html editor.
    I am on the Aussie site, and I use internet Explorer.
    Thanks,
    Diane.

Forum Newbie
    Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View iliketobid's Feedback (+11)
    All-About iliketobid
    View iliketobid's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    Just to put my two penn'orth!

When you started this thread, the only trouble I had had was the picture uploading process when listing - often 'timed out'.

Now EVERYTHING on EVERY SITE is taking longer. and often hanging so that I have to reboot.

I have cleared my cache, run antivirus, spyware check, and registry boosters, and checked my connection - all perfectly OK.

Anecdotally it' seems to be the same for a few of my friends in this area.

I'm in Bedford - using IE via Virgin (NTL) cable BB at the lowest rate.

I don't think it's eBid's fault!
    Hi I was having same problems but have now downloaded Google chrome explorer, it is great much faster on all sites, might be worth a try Best Jo

Forum Newbie
    Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View iliketobid's Feedback (+11)
    All-About iliketobid
    View iliketobid's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink internet explorer hangups,try google chrome

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    One of the hardest things with running the site is keeping the speed at a fast and sustainable rate for every second of the day. If people are having speed problems can you let us know in this thread with the page you are trying to view and your current location (City/Town and Country).

Thanks
    Gazza
    I had same problems, I now use google chrome explorer, take a little getting use to but is much faster on all sites.well worth a try. I find that windows internet explorer has got really slow lately with lots of problems, regards Jo.

Forum Newbie
    View hoopers6's Feedback (+3)
    All-About hoopers6
    View hoopers6's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default speed problems

hey gazza,
    i have had speed problems.
    im from Melbourne, Australia.
    thanks

Default Still waiting

I am trying to get back to listing but when I try to sell I cannot get the editor to work. I have waited up to 15 minutes and it is still loading. I can get the rest of the listing started but I cannot edit the text for the auction. I have tried listing similar and from scratch without any luck. I am in Ontario Canada.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, Speed I have a distinct lack of speed here in Birmingham, England. I use the lates Firefox version and ISP Vodafone 3 GB. It has just taken 15 minutes just to log in to the site.

Having said that though it is VERY slow all over, this morning I logged into tiscali's e-mail server and it took 52 minutes just to get to the page to view the e-mails.

I read some time ago that with the wider now availbel through cell phones, that experts predicted that the internet would not be able to take the strain. Maybe this is the result.

I feel sorry for the folks who use dial-up, the quoted speed on the vodafone package I have is 7.2 mbps, but is behaving more like dial-up.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 7th February 2009 at 01:10 PM.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

It took the same amount of time to get to the ebid forums again today (15 minutes), although the speed within the site seems to have improved greatly.

One thought I have had (I try not to have too many, it taxes the brain) is that the internet at least in Birmingham seems to have slowed noticably in the last month. That also coincides with the announced closure of Lycos who claim to be one of the largest e-mail providers in Europe, could the two be connected?
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Site seems slow today. Anyone else having this problem?

Forum Newbie
    View jlpshop2's Feedback (-4)
    All-About jlpshop2
    View jlpshop2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Slow lauching speed.

After bulk uploaded, launching is really slow.

Thread Information