My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I agree with this article ...

You also have to consider that infrastructure to support an increasingly busy site also costs money. Seems to me some basic understanding of business is required before making rash requests for advertising.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    You also have to consider that infrastructure to support an increasingly busy site also costs money. Seems to me some basic understanding of business is required before making rash requests for advertising.
    Yep Definately, did anyone see dragons den a couple of weeks ago when they had www.ifoods.tv on. After the show i went on the site it was crawling. Now imagine all the people who would come here after a TV advert and see a snail pace site. Im sure they'd think twice about coming back again

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    What increase in infrastructure? Some extra server space and bandwidth? That can be paid for with a handful of lifetime subs. I havn't seen any word of additional ebid staff coming on board either. Where is the huge additional costs coming from?

As for rash requests for advertising. Are you serious? If advertising was not a requirement for a company to become successful then why are ads on the TV every 15 mins and on the radio every 5? It doesn't matter what you sell, sales come from advertising. That is the first basic in business.

Don't you think there is a good chance that if ebid did a large advertising campaign that maybe your 50 odd sales may turn into 500 or 5000? Don't you want your business to expand? I want mine to which is why I am here, and on greedbay, and on my (rubbish) website.

My worry is that ebid are quite content with the money they are making and not too bothered about creating a (desperately needed) substitute for greedbay. The article OP posted the link to is spot-on.

FAO ebid - What an opportunity you have with an excellent site with a decent amount of members and items for sale. For goodness sake - Strike While The Iron Is Hot. If you don't then some other organisation surely will.
    High Performance Graphics For High Performance Vehicles
    http://VoidComm-Power-Graphics.ebid.net
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handmade Timepieces From The Future
    http://Future-Clocks.ebid.net

We have doubled our daily ad spend with Google over the past week and plan to continue at this level so keep your eyes peeled for our text and banner ads in UK, US, Canada, Ireland and Australia.

Also we will be testing the water with our first radio ads and some billboard advertising in the UK in the next couple of months also.

We have also just signed an ongoing contract with a US PR agecncy to help boost growth in the States.

Once again, mine and Mark's heartfelt thanks goes to everyone who has stuck by us so far.

Gazza
    I knew id read it somewhere, that was posted on 29th of August so we should start to see the effects in the next couple of months, in time for the holidays.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLOXBOOKS View Post
    You mean a blox, I wish, a Chips moment- running through the sativa fields with the warm wind in my hair.....
    Bloxy, I just saw that. You had me in stiches.

Can I have a blox too?

Quote Originally Posted by thefunstore View Post
    I knew id read it somewhere, that was posted on 29th of August so we should start to see the effects in the next couple of months, in time for the holidays.
    Billboards & Radio Adverts were also mentioned in the latest newsletter.
    Keep an eye and ear open for more eBid ads over the coming months, we have signed deals for some motorway billboards, some test radio advertising and are ramping up our banner advertising spend online to help get the eBid name on as many lips as possible.
    Don't forget to help us with promoting eBid as the place to buy and sell online, we have our affiliate program that pays for each new member you send to us and also our Buddy Point scheme that pays points out for referrals as well as bidding and selling on eBid.
    As we continue to grow we continue to invest in our infrastructure to help us remain as speedy and reliable as possible. August saw more database upgrades and photo hosting space.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

If greedbay can get large retailers onboard to boost thier listings then ebid can too. Get the listings boosted then an all-out one-time advertising campaign. TV, Radio, newspapers, magazines & billboards.

You really have no idea about what is involved, do you??
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

And do we REALLY want 'large retailers' on board? - surely the rot set in on feebay when they started doing that ?
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Increasing my sales from 50 to 500 or 5,000 !, do you have any idea how long it takes to paint a picture, each painting is hand crafted so takes time, I will never be a seller in the thousands as I don't just shift "stuff" I am sure there are other sellers here who operate in a similar manner so massive numbers are not everything.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

G&M have definitely been sharing informative & encouraging news on plans to market Ebid and expand it infrastruture to support the growth that has already started & will only continue. There has been a noticeable increase in new Ebidders, buying activity, and selling activity. I think Ebid is strategically positioned for phenomenal growth; growth not only in numbers but in quality.

Thread Information