Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I agree with this article ...

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Are you sure about that? I'm sure I've seen a charge discussed.
    The same sort of options are available in Wanted as are in Auctions, the fee gets charged when somebody has listed a featured wanted instead of a wanted.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Well for what it's worth which a few will not think much of my comments going of previous threads I put.

Most of my promoting on other forums mainly "gay" not so much mentioning ebaa but letting them know ebid is here and what I'm selling.

For those who may be intrested the listing I put on ebaaa worked for me getting me sales here, and in doing so I'v rerun the listing.

most of my viewing is not coming from here but from the advertising I.m doing outside of ebid.

You must go where the buyers are to let them know your here, And in my stores with what I'm selling thats a must.

The other thing is there's not enough ebidders who reads or even looks in this forum toget to know some of the great ideas to promote ebid stickers, other forums, websites, emails, flyers and the reast of the ideas that come through
    If ebid was to have a "How to Promote eBid" on the front page think this would help loads.

Just to let a member know I'v changed the ebid.co.uk to ebid.net cheers for poining that out.
    And the number of hits I had onthe last listing on ebaaa was over 150 total on the vouchers run until end. the decal sign did not do that well as it did get removed after 3 days I'll try a differant line on that one.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    The same sort of options are available in Wanted as are in Auctions, the fee gets charged when somebody has listed a featured wanted instead of a wanted.

Great, thanks. Learning, learning, learning...

If ebid was to have a "How to Promote eBid" on the front page think this would help loads.

Or even a definitive sticky on the forums - all contributions to be vetted first by G & M?
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post

Or even a definitive sticky on the forums - all contributions to be vetted first by G & M?
    What a very good idea.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Promoting eBid and your eBid Stores IS a forum. It was introduced some time ago when we were all debating the potential for merchandise.

My personal opinion is that these 'debates' will crop up every single time a new wave of disenchanted sellers arrive here from anywhere else and then start grumbling when things aren't done their way or they don't make sales immediately. SELLERS, not waves of disenchated buyers. Change takes time - if you had 1000 good customers elsewhere and then left that location, ask yourselves what loyalty YOU have shown your valued customers?

I have been here long enough to have seen some huge changes, I'm still seeing them, and all are steps in the right direction. The problem here still remains that people complain about other sites WITHOUT actually leaving those sites. And let's not forget that the current economic climate impacts directly on what people can afford to buy. It also affects what they can afford to keep and if stocks and shares in certain companies begin to look shaky... we pull out and invest elsewhere.

eBid, in my opinion, is a longterm investment

<rant over>
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Forum Newbie
    View BILLYBOWWOW's Feedback (+5)
    All-About BILLYBOWWOW
    View BILLYBOWWOW's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I agree with that last line! I have told my customes on ebid why I have left, had some sympathy and understanding. I have literally thousands of books to list, and keep plugging away, whilst double-listing on Amazon. I have about a thousand listed there now, and sell about two or three a day. I think that's good, after all, look at a real shop and see how many items they have on offer!

I really like ebid, and that's without selling anything. That's because it's fairer, more open and has the feel of a real community, you know what a community is, it's that thing ebid keep bleating about whilst ripping you off and denying you any real voice! Ha Ha! Plus, I bought two books today by a favourite author, at ridiculously low prices and reasonable packing costs. Not to boost my feedback but because I wanted them.

I like it here, basically!

If greedbay can get large retailers onboard to boost thier listings then ebid can too. Get the listings boosted then an all-out one-time advertising campaign. TV, Radio, newspapers, magazines & billboards. With the influx of lifetime subscribers fees, ebid could blow the additional amount they have made this year. With the increased number of users and listings, ebid must have made a substantial increase in turnover this year from last. Thier level of advertising this year from last 'appears' to be the same (i.e. banner ads). If ebid are not willing to make an investment in the site then why should it's users?
    High Performance Graphics For High Performance Vehicles
    http://VoidComm-Power-Graphics.ebid.net
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handmade Timepieces From The Future
    http://Future-Clocks.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by voidcomm View Post
    If greedbay can get large retailers onboard to boost thier listings then ebid can too. Get the listings boosted then an all-out one-time advertising campaign. TV, Radio, newspapers, magazines & billboards. With the influx of lifetime subscribers fees, ebid could blow the additional amount they have made this year. With the increased number of users and listings, ebid must have made a substantial increase in turnover this year from last. Thier level of advertising this year from last 'appears' to be the same (i.e. banner ads). If ebid are not willing to make an investment in the site then why should it's users?
    Im sure i read on one of the forums they were going to trial billboard ads in the UK in the next couple of months, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Thread Information