My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I agree with this article ...

Exclamation I agree with this article ...

I visit and read Pheebay.com quite often and I must say I truly agree with this article http://www.pheebay.com/?ebay-vs-alte...rence-492.html

I think eBid needs to take things more seriously now and get down to business, because nice guys finish last.

eBid has a great potential to become big but if the owner(s) not going to do take advantage of GreedBay situation then eBid has lost a great opportunity here. I wish more can be done about it to get the name out there.

Anna

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is a poorly disguised moan.

Apparently I'm naive because I disagree with the author on several points.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

The article, on the face of it, seems to be supportive of eB-y alternatives, but when you read it carefully it is an anti-eBid moan. (I may be wrong, but isn't this 'publication' known for its anti-eBid stance?)

I particularly smiled at (when mentioning eBid and another site): "The trouble is for me that neither make anywhere near the effort eB-y does to get the traffic needed to make sellers confident most of their listings will sell." One of the reasons people are leaving eB-y in droves, including formerly loyal members like me, is exactly because sellers can no-longer be confident of any sales, due to how eB-y have 'improved' things.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victorfrank View Post
    The article, on the face of it, seems to be supportive of eB-y alternatives, but when you read it carefully it is an anti-eBid moan. (I may be wrong, but isn't this 'publication' known for its anti-eBid stance?)
    No, it isn't anti eBid but it has managed to alienate a number of the more sucessful sellers here in the past.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Yup

I agree with that article, it sums up what I perceive to be eBid's direction precisely - a small online auction site sufficient to run itself with no aspirations to take on the likes of fleeBay what so ever. It's true that it's down to marketing, eBid do very little serious marketing and several of us have been asking the eBid team for some official marketing material we can hand out (instead of creating our own), I suppose this goes hand in hand with their reluctance to take up the mantle and grow the business (which would require capital, extra full time staff, and the like).

Sellers will continue to come and go if their items do not sell quickly enough, all just water off a duck's back to the owners it would seem. But as the article says, all publicity is good publicity, so if people are out their moaning about eBid then that's still better than nobody ever mentioning the name!

If you look at it carefully you will see that it is not a moan it is a plea for ebid to make serious moves. It points out a major difference between online auctions and how they are 'known'. I've been on Feebay since '98 the same time ebid started business. I didn't 'hear' about ebid until Feebay went overboard with it's policies. Know whereI heard about ebid? In the Feebay Seller's forums where Sellers voiced their complaints and desperately searched for alternatives. ebid at this time is NOT a byword for online auctions.
    victorfrank, sales are not more difficult on Feebay. Just more costly to the Seller. Sales are as good as they ever were there. As a new ebidder I'm in for the long haul but in order to actually make $$$ at this time and over the long haul I will groan and keep my account open at Feebay.
    While having sold nothing here since I joined my Feebay account has generated money constantly.
    A key question here is: If Feebay didn't step off the ledge with so many anti-Seller policies would any of us Yanks be here? For myself the answer would be 'Yes' but only to diversify my outlets. That is if ebid had made itself 'known'.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Strange, I had a surreal moment (or two) reading that...I was wondering about the mile high club and are the WCs bigger on Virgin planes! I never flew Virgin, thing is I awlays got the cheapest flight anyplace, and never landed a Virgin seat, I suppose the plus side is ' I did get there'..... 'k the other thought-(if anyone remembers the film Goodbye Mr Chips,(Robert Donat)at the end before Chips dies a montage of all the boys he taught over the years streams through his thoughts)A Chips moment superseded by a montage of vacuous contempary politicians bleating "You know I'm right so vote for me" drifted by.... like Kedo I must also be naive, the author must have been on the podium of the minds eye while writing-I sorta expected to see the line "I must point out to all these good people, with the utmost humility, that I am not a Messiah. A genius, but not a Messiah." sorry that last line was unnecissarily flippant, I would havd removed it but I already pressed Submit Reply
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by BLOXBOOKS View Post
    Strange, I had a surreal moment (or two) reading that...I was wondering about the mile high club and are the WCs bigger on Virgin planes! I never flew Virgin, thing is I awlays got the cheapest flight anyplace, and never landed a Virgin seat, I suppose the plus side is ' I did get there'..... 'k the other thought-(if anyone remembers the film Goodbye Mr Chips,(Robert Donat)at the end before Chips dies a montage of all the boys he taught over the years streams through his thoughts)A Chips moment superseded by a montage of vacuous contempary politicians bleating "You know I'm right so vote for me" drifted by.... like Kedo I must also be naive, the author must have been on the podium of the minds eye while writing-I sorta expected to see the line "I must point out to all these good people, with the utmost humility, that I am not a Messiah. A genius, but not a Messiah." sorry that last line was unnecissarily flippant, I would havd removed it but I already pressed Submit Reply
    Would you kindly send me a box of what ever you're smoking.
    Thanks,
    John

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldCuriosityShoppe View Post
    Would you kindly send me a box of what ever you're smoking.
    Thanks,
    John
    You mean a blox, I wish, a Chips moment- running through the sativa fields with the warm wind in my hair.....
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

I think the author has a point.
    Do ebid want to get bigger?
    If so, how far do you want to go?
    Frankly, with all the carry on over in the Dark Side (i'm a new refugee too), this should be an opportunity too good to miss.It would be a shame to see this wasted.

Thread Information