Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Postage costs for books

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope all those heavy books over there, start showing up here!

Default It's happening in January folks.

Quote Originally Posted by klj View Post
    Feebay has just announced upper limits for postage costs for books going to and selling in the USA, and it looks like the UK is next. From what I'm hearing, there are a lot of booksellers that will close up there. So if you know anyone selling that hasn't tried eBid yet, you might want to invite them over now!
    ***Trust & Safety at eB*y: Changes to Postage & Packaging policies***

13 October, 2008 | 10:20AM BST

We are committed to making eB*y a better place to trade by introducing the following measures:

* changes to our Postage and Packaging policies on eB*y.co.uk
    * making dispute resolution simpler on eB*y (UK & IE)
    * ensuring our members can trade in a more secure environment (UK & IE)

We will be elaborating on these points over a series of 3 posts.

From 27th January 2009, we’ll be making changes to our Postage and Packaging (P&P) policies on eB*y.co.uk. The new requirements include:

1. The need for sellers to specify a domestic P&P cost on all their listings. Back in spring, we implemented this requirement for new sellers. We are now extending it to all sellers.

2. The introduction of maximum costs for domestic P&P in the following categories:
    * Books, Comics and Magazines
    * DVD, TV and Film
    * Music
    * Videogames
    * Mobile and Home Phones

3. All DVD listings are to offer Free P&P for domestic deliveries

These changes will apply to all new listings. Read more about how these changes will affect your listings.

Excessive P&P costs are cited as a major reason for buyers to spend less online. Offering a competitive P&P cost can drive higher sales conversions on eB*y. We believe these changes will enable sellers to continue offering the best value on eB*y and for us to continue serving you with the largest volume of buyers on the web.

To help sellers add this information to multiple listings at once, we’ve added new functionality which is now available in Selling Manager and Turbo Lister.

Regards,

The evilBay Team

Max price for P&P on eB*y will henceforward be £2.75 for normal books and £4.50 for special delivery collectables.

Prepare for the influx.

That's also a bit of a bitch for DVD sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    ***Trust & Safety at eB*y: Changes to Postage & Packaging policies***

13 October, 2008 | 10:20AM BST

We are committed to making eB*y a better place to trade by introducing the following measures:

* changes to our Postage and Packaging policies on eB*y.co.uk
    * making dispute resolution simpler on eB*y (UK & IE)
    * ensuring our members can trade in a more secure environment (UK & IE)

We will be elaborating on these points over a series of 3 posts.

From 27th January 2009, we’ll be making changes to our Postage and Packaging (P&P) policies on eB*y.co.uk. The new requirements include:

1. The need for sellers to specify a domestic P&P cost on all their listings. Back in spring, we implemented this requirement for new sellers. We are now extending it to all sellers.

2. The introduction of maximum costs for domestic P&P in the following categories:
    * Books, Comics and Magazines
    * DVD, TV and Film
    * Music
    * Videogames
    * Mobile and Home Phones

3. All DVD listings are to offer Free P&P for domestic deliveries

These changes will apply to all new listings. Read more about how these changes will affect your listings.

Excessive P&P costs are cited as a major reason for buyers to spend less online. Offering a competitive P&P cost can drive higher sales conversions on eB*y. We believe these changes will enable sellers to continue offering the best value on eB*y and for us to continue serving you with the largest volume of buyers on the web.

To help sellers add this information to multiple listings at once, we’ve added new functionality which is now available in Selling Manager and Turbo Lister.

Regards,

The evilBay Team

Max price for P&P on eB*y will henceforward be £2.75 for normal books and £4.50 for special delivery collectables.

Prepare for the influx.

That's also a bit of a bitch for DVD sellers.
    Yes I just read that. Odd that their charges are the same as Amazon.
    I can't believe that you can't charge postage for DVDs.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Talk about Amazon wannabees.

I think they missed the boat somehow, there is no way any buyer is going to regard eB*y as anything like of the quality of Amazon, and they just don't have the safety either.

Thread Information