Thread: Sky News

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile sickbay

ive added mine too

sidthelamp 22 August 2008, 19:48
    i stopped selling on ebay back in april due to fee hikes and new FB rules and of course ebay MAKING us offer paypal, and now round two of fee hikes!,in less than 6 months ! i for one and by the sound of it many others, have decided enough is enough, i my self have set up a store on ebid, a great friendly site much cheaper for the small business,diverse,seller to operate whitch means its more cost effective to buy there, Sid

I've added my bit as well

Jane 22 August 2008, 20:09

I agree with most of the other posts. The new fee hike of 40p has really got me worried. In the email they sent out, they falsely implied that the fees would mostly be at the end of the sale (fvf), and that insertion fees were going down. What the didn’t say in that email was that in order to get the 1p listing fees, you had to pay over £300 a month. I’m a small business seller, and sell approx 80-100 items a month. Obviously i’m the type of seller they are trying to get rid of, because for the life of me, i have no idea how i’m going to survive on there anymore.
    I also sell on WWW.EBID.NET and although it’s not the size of ebay, for UK sellers it’s the next biggest auction site, and as time is going on, it’s getting more & more sellers & buyers, plus it’s free to list, with small FVF fees. I have had quite a lot of sales on there since a started selling there in June. So for anyone looking for a auction site that gives a dam about it’s sellers, why not give it a go. Ebay might not want us, but Ebid.net does.
    HTTP://uk.ebid.net/stores/starlady22...s-for-everyone

This is my bit

I am a seller on eBID now.Things are picking up with hundreds of new members every week.I can sell cheaper and not see a great slice of my money going to the company.I can list for free for as long as i like and have up to five free shops.I use gallery sales that means i only pay 2% when the item sales but if you dont use a photo the sale costs you no fee at all.Best of all the help from the Admin office is from a real person and is quick and problems are soon sorted.A bonus is the forums where you can chat to other members who are always ready to help and dont pull you to pieces when you say hello.So come and say hello.We dont bite.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

I don't think any of our new ones have gone up yet because it is Friday. So they probably won't appear till Tuesday now. Fingers crossed they do appear.

What made me laugh was the comment i copied below:

Has anybody tried tazbar? I think its propably the best contender against ebay. Its British, has a great community feel, and if you have any questions, the forums is the best place to get a very fast response, often from someone at tazbar!

Jane

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

ive just had a look Janes post and Dexters post are up !

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Smile

often from someone at Tazbar" does that mean at other times they borrow some one from the other side ?

Hi Just added my comments, I plan to close my shop on greed bay when rip off fees take effect.

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

They have loads of comments including mine just now. Interesting stuff and lots of people on the way here.
    Pique Antiques and Collectables for all kinds of interesting items - ceramics, books, programmes, first day covers, pictures etc etc
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Anti...d Collectables

Tammy's Emporium for all kinds of useful home, garden and leisure products.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tammys-Emporium

Pique Beauty for skincare, fragrances, bodycare, tanning & Beauty at unbeatable prices
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Beauty

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

As my farmer father in law used to say, "who opened the chute?". People are flooding the article with comments. I dont' see mine there but oh well. It was in the same flavor as many others.

Thread Information