Thread: Sky News

Loughborough, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View sparklybits's Feedback (+5050)
    All-About sparklybits
    View sparklybits's Listings
    Forum Posts

added my bit
    mandy 24 August 2008, 18:59
    i USED to sell on ebay and had a shop on there selling crafts ,now as all crafter’s know some items are as low as 30p so by the time ebay and paypall had taken there chunk there was nothing left !!! if you put up the prices to cover these fee’s the items becomes so pricey no one wants it as its then too expensive !. i got out 5 months ago and started selling on ebid where i have 5 shops and very low fee’s which means i can list my items at a proper price and i wish i had done it 2 years ago instead of handing over my hard earned money to ebay , its the best thing i ever did and i would never even consider going back , over the past couple of months ebid has grown bigger and better , the forums are full of helpfull people who are there to help as much as they can and its so light hearted and a great read , i now tell everyone i know and as a market trader thats a few people to have a look at ebid, what have you got to lose , i think it will be as big if not bigger than ebay one day after what i have read about ebay now im so glad i got out when i did

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm getting mighty jealous now

~Jan~

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey Jan, a lightbulb just lit up in my head. If you really want to have you say, send it to a U.K. friend and have them post it, with the note "this is from a U.S. friend".

Smile

Rather than doing it the hard way....i just posted the link in a rant on ebay forums!!

Funny thing was, i had a call from ebay being very apologetic! How bizarre! I just want ebid to start hitting hard. From the call, it is obvious that ebay have now noticed how well ebid is doing and they are getting worried!

Well done ebid and all the ebidders!! Keep the pressure up and keep the ex-ebayers coming over here!! The more people that start using ebid, the more traffic we have and the better site!

Oh - just as a point, which in itself is funny...ebay blocked the link!!!

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Old wise woman she say.....there are only three types of person in this world........

Those that MAKE things happen!

Those that LET things happen!

And those who wonder what the hell has happened

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

ok madmicus ive only sold one item in 4 months,so what,! iam well aware this site does not have the mass of buyers feebay does, but by listing and rotating stock,making a friendly ABOUT ME PAGE being competitive with feebay,whitch is hardley hard to do as the fees here are very low,and emailing your past buyers, the main problem here is not many peps know about the site, from what you say Madmicus surley you can keep some rotating stock on here,till your sales pick up, i sold a fair bit on ebay too,and yes its hit me by not selling there, but im determined to make a go of it here, and surport the site as much as i can,whitch is all any of us can do, KEEP TRYING MADMICUS yer never know yer luck !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Well with just three listings, it's not exactly providing a whole range of things to buy, yes things are slower here, but there is plenty of advice in these forums, including perhaps buying a few things so you don't have a zero for feedback.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

3 listings would not give potential buyers confifence IMO.

Some sellers have come here thrown on the odd item, put no effort into promoting themselves, complained no sales then left.

Sales are not good on the other site.
    At least here if an item does not sell I dont get ripped off with relist fees when buyers can not find your items in the searches.
    I dont pay high FVF, dont have to accept paypal, can use Google check out & other payment services, so getting to keep more of the profits.

Oh the other site will be getting rid of all other payment services before long.

I now make more profit here than I have been doing for a while on the other site.

Thread Information