Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 66 of 187 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    Hello, Rene' is still home. She is going for a heart evaluation in about a week & a half. She also is to have a sleep study done. She is on a very low sodium diet. Rene' can't do very much without being breathless....also has heart meds which seem to be affecting her bp.... I am still asking for prayer for a complete recovery. She is my only child...am very worried about her still. Thanks so much to all who have offered up prayers on her behalf.
    Hi Sandy, my thoughts and prayers continue with you & Rene'. LORD please give Sandy your peace; a peace that surpasses understanding concerning her daughter. LORD, I believe you are touched by Sandy's anquish concerning her only child. Father, you had to witness Jesus, your only Son, being brutalized, crucified, and die on a cross for my sins and the sins of the world. Jesus has redeemed us from destruction, and by His stripes we are healed. (Isaiah 53:1-5) KJV/NIV

LORD please continue to touch Rene', restore her physical body, her mind, and spirit; and make her whole (healed). Give her doctors and others on the health team wisdom & understanding concerning Rene's condition. LORD bless Rene' and Sandy with your benefit package found in Psalms 103:1-5 (KJV). LORD I thank you for your word, and I thank you for being a God who hears and answers prayer
    Amen.

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello, Rene' is still home. She is going for a heart evaluation in about a week & a half. She also is to have a sleep study done. She is on a very low sodium diet. Rene' can't do very much without being breathless....also has heart meds which seem to be affecting her bp.... I am still asking for prayer for a complete recovery. She is my only child...am very worried about her still. Thanks so much to all who have offered up prayers on her behalf.
    Aww bless you; everyone said it all; peace, comfort & know that as God's loving arms are around you both; all of us here are hugging you as well... it's not easy seeing your child go through so much as it's heartbreaking... ..

Father God, we stand together in prayer trusting Your healing touch on Rene' body; we pray that every organ, muscle & tissue are functioning the way they're created to function in full restoration, wholeness & complete recovery in the mighty name of Jesus! No weapons formed against Rene & anyone else that need healing in any shape or form shall prosper.

We love you Sandy & Rene; stay strong & encouraged with the God's help.

xx Sofia

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Praise The LORD! Awesome news -Jan went home on Saturday (12/05/09)! God is so good.
    oh wow! Thank God! we stand in awe of His presence in your lives... that's g8 to hear & glad she's home & her recovery & full restoration is speedy

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Hi Sofia,

It is so good to see you back as I have been missing your post of praise and support.

I knew if we kept praying that God would see you through your struggles and I am so glad He did. I hope you have a great nights rest and enjoy church tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Peggy, my sista!! It's good to c u 2; church was amazing! It's great to be back in church & on here; I did have a good night's sleep as well. I even went to bible study yesterday!

It feels good to be out & about; I would be house bound for weeks at a time & with prayers & exercise walking up & down the flight of stairs [I live on 2nd floor so if I'm in too much pain; sometimes I can't make the stairs up or down]; I would go up & down those stairs on purpose to get my body use to it again...

Peggy; how r u doing? [I know you're blessed beyond measure lol..]; but I still ask

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sofiag1964 View Post
    Aww bless you; everyone said it all; peace, comfort & know that as God's loving arms are around you both; all of us here are hugging you as well... it's not easy seeing your child go through so much as it's heartbreaking... ..

Father God, we stand together in prayer trusting Your healing touch on Rene' body; we pray that every organ, muscle & tissue are functioning the way they're created to function in full restoration, wholeness & complete recovery in the mighty name of Jesus! No weapons formed against Rene & anyone else that need healing in any shape or form shall prosper.

We love you Sandy & Rene; stay strong & encouraged with the God's help.

xx Sofia
    Amen. I continue to stand in prayers with others on this thread for those in need of God's healing touch for known & unknown needs.
    Great to see your posts Sofia, and glad you are enjoying church & Bible study. ~Ava~

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are all probably tired of me asking for prayers but here goes again.

Lynette is back in the hospital and they still can not find out where the infection is coming from. They are planning more tests for Monday. Please pray that the doctors will be in tune with God and be able to find the problem---and the solution.

Sandy, how is Rene' doing?

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I'm almost embarrassed to show my face around here. It's been so long since I last visited. Please forgive me. I think and pray for all of you often. I just get lazy and forget until God taps me on the shoulder and reminds me to visit.
    I just wanted to share something with you that means a lot to me since I sometimes play "Santa". I have posted this before on another forum, so my apologies to those who have seen it before. I hope you all enjoy it. If I don't get back soon, I would like to wish everyone a joyous and blessed Christmas!

ALWAYS BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!

Three years ago, a little boy and his grandmother came to see Santa at Mayfair Mall in Wisconsin . The child climbed up on his lap, holding a picture of a little girl. "Who is this?" asked Santa, smiling. "Your friend?" "Your sister?

"Yes, Santa," he replied. "My sister, Sarah, who is very sick," he said sadly.

Santa glanced over at the grandmother who was waiting nearby, and saw her dabbing her eyes with a tissue.
    "She wanted to come with me to see you, oh, so very much, Santa!" the child exclaimed. "She misses you," he added softly.

Santa tried to be cheerful and encouraged a smile to the boy's face, asking him what he wanted Santa to bring him for Christmas. When they finished their visit, the Grandmother came over to help the child off his lap, and started to say something to Santa, but halted.

"What is it?" Santa asked warmly.

"Well, I know it's really too much to ask you, Santa, but ..." the old woman began, shooing her grandson over to one of Santa's elves to collect the little gift which Santa gave all his young visitors.
    "The girl in the photograph .. my granddaughter .. well, you see .. she has leukemia and isn't expected to make it even through the holidays," she said through tear-filled eyes. "Is there any way, Santa ... any possible way that you could come see Sarah? That's all she's asked for, for Christmas, is to see Santa."

Santa blinked and swallowed hard and told the woman to leave information with his elves as to where Sarah was, and he would see what he could do. Santa thought of little else the rest of that afternoon.
    He knew what he had to do. "What if it were MY child lying in that hospital bed, dying," he thought with a sinking heart, "this is the least I can do."
    When Santa finished visiting with all the boys and girls that evening, he retrieved from his helper the name of the hospital where Sarah was staying. He asked the assistant location manager how to get to Children's Hospital.

"Why?" Rick asked, with a puzzled look on his face. Santa relayed to him the conversation with Sarah's grandmother earlier that day. "C'mon .... I'll take you there," Rick said softly.

Rick drove them to the hospital and came inside with Santa. They found out which room Sarah was in. A pale Rick said he would wait out in the hall. Santa quietly peeked into the room through the half-closed door and saw little Sarah on the bed. The room was full of what appeared to be her family; there was the Grandmother and the girl's brother he had met earlier that day. A woman whom he guessed was Sarah's mother stood by the bed, gently pushing Sarah's thin hair off her forehead. And another woman who he discovered later was Sarah's aunt, sat in a chair near the bed with weary, sad look on her face. They were talking quietly, and Santa could sense the warmth and closeness of the family, and their love and concern for Sarah. Taking a deep breath, and forcing a smile on his face, Santa entered the room, bellowing a hearty, "Ho, ho, ho!"

"Santa!" shrieked little Sarah weakly, as she tried to escape her bed to run to him, IV tubes in tact.

Santa rushed to her side and gave her a warm hug. A child the tender age of his own son -- 9 years old -- gazed up at him with wonder and excitement. Her skin was pale and her short tresses bore telltale baldpatches from the effects of chemotherapy. But all he saw when he looked at her was a pair of huge, blue eyes. His heart melted, and he had to force himself to choke back tears. Though his eyes were riveted upon Sarah's face, he could hear the gasps and quiet sobbing of the women in the room. As he and Sarah began talking, the family crept quietly to the bedside one by one, squeezing Santa's shoulder or his hand gratefully, whispering "thank you" as they gazed sincerely at him with shining eyes. Santa and Sarah talked and talked, and she told him excitedly all the toys she wanted for Christmas, assuring him she'd been a very good girl that year. As their time together dwindled, Santa felt led in his spirit to pray for Sarah, and asked for permission from the girl's mother. She nodded in agreement and the entire family circled around Sarah's bed, holding hands. Santa looked intensely at Sarah and asked her if she believed in angels.

"Oh, yes, Santa ... I do!" she exclaimed.

"Well, I'm going to ask that angels watch over you, "he said. Laying one hand on the child's head, Santa closed his eyes and prayed. He asked that God touch little Sarah, and heal her body from this disease.
    He asked that angels minister to her, watch and keep her. And when he finished praying, still with eyes closed, he started singing softly, "Silent Night, Holy Night . all is calm, all is bright." The family joined in, still holding hands, smiling at Sarah, and crying tears of hope, tears of joy for this moment, as Sarah beamed at them all. When the song ended, Santa sat on the side of the bed again and held Sarah's frail, small hands in his own.

"Now, Sarah," he said authoritatively, "you have a job to do, and that is to concentrate on getting well. I want you to have fun playing with your friends this summer, and I expect to see you at my house at Mayfair Mall this time next year!" He knew it was risky proclaiming that, to this little girl who had terminal cancer, but he "had" to. He had to give her the greatest gift he could -- not dolls or games or toys -- but the gift of HOPE.

"Yes, Santa!" Sarah exclaimed, her eyes bright.

He leaned down and kissed her on the forehead and left the room.Out in the hall, the minute Santa's eyes met Rick's, a look passed between them and they wept unashamed. Sarah's mother and grandmother slipped out of the room quickly and rushed to Santa's side to thank him.

"My only child is the same age as Sarah," he explained quietly. "This is the least I could do." They nodded with understanding and hugged him.

One year later, Santa Mark was again back on the set in Milwaukee for his six-week, seasonal job which he so loves to do. Several weeks went by and then one day a child came up to sit on his lap.
    "Hi, Santa! Remember me?!"

"Of course, I do," Santa proclaimed (as he always does), smiling down
    at her. After all, the secret to being a "good" Santa is to always make each child feel as if they are the "only" child in the world at that moment.

"You came to see me in the hospital last year!" Santa's jaw dropped.

Tears immediately sprang in his eyes, and he grabbed this little miracle and held her to his chest. "Sarah!" he exclaimed. He scarcely recognized her, for her hair was long and silky and her cheeks were rosy -- much different from the little girl he had visited just a year before. He looked over and saw Sarah's mother and grandmother in the sidelines smiling and waving and wiping their eyes.

That was the best Christmas ever for Santa Claus. He had witnessed --and been blessed to be instrumental in bringing
    about -- this miracle of hope. This precious little child was healed. Cancer-free. Alive and well.
    He silently looked up to Heaven and humbly whispered, "Thank you, Father. ' Tis a very, Merry Christmas!"

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh my, the tears are flowing over that one. Poppa you failed to leave a warning to get the kleenex boxes out and ready. What a remarkable story. Wow, praise the Lord for that one, and God Bless that Wisconsin Santa Clause. Thank you Poppa for sharing that with us and may God Bless You.

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    You are all probably tired of me asking for prayers but here goes again.

Lynette is back in the hospital and they still can not find out where the infection is coming from. They are planning more tests for Monday. Please pray that the doctors will be in tune with God and be able to find the problem---and the solution.

Sandy, how is Rene' doing?
    Linda, we never tire of hearing from you, that's what we are all here for.

Heavenly Father I thank you for this another day to do your bidding, to pray for one another. I come to you again Father asking that you watch over Lynette and Rene. I pray Father that you give the doctors the knowledge that is needed to find the source of Lynette's infection and Rene's heart problems. Give them the wisdom to prescribe the proper course of treatment for both of these young women. They have such a long life ahead of them and I pray that it be a healthy and happy one. Father, as always I ask these things in the name of Your Son and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Merry Christmas Everyone

Thread Information