Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 64 of 187 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had an experience today and I want to give God thanks for His protection. I was visiting someone today who lives in a walk up stairway that is very narrow, and on the 5th floor. After leaving their apartment & walking down 3 floors, a pit bull dog was sitting at the bottom of the step. The hall was so narrow that the dog filled the space. I did not see this dog until we were facing each other; I heard him growl before I saw him.

I stopped, and quietly and slowly walked back up to the 5th floor and knocked on the person's door that I had been visiting with. The dog did not move or try to follow me. When I told the person what happened, he said it was his neighbor's dog, and pointed to an apartment that was above his 5th floor apartment.

I knocked on his neighbor's door and asked her to remove the dog from the hallway so I could leave. The person I visited said this neighbor has done this before, and different resident's have even called the police. Unbelievable.

I give God the glory for His protection. Father I praise you and love you, and thank you for being a very present help in our time of need. LORD continue to minister healing and provision to all those on the prayer list, and to those who have unspoken needs. Amen.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post

Garry went to chore this AM and a cow charged him, knocked him down and rolled him around on the rock drive. He thought she was going to kill him and he said "Help me Lord". The cow turned around and walked off. PTL
    I feel this was truly a miracle as I think the cow did not 'just' decide she had done enough and walk off. Garry was at the point of death facing him if someone didn't intervene so he called on God for help and got the miracle he was needing.

Here is an email I received and I thought others might enjoy it.

A little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar from its hiding place in the closet.

She poured the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Three times, even... The total had to be exactly perfect. No chance here for mistakes.

Carefully placing the coins back in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out the back door and made her way 6 blocks to Rexall's Drug Store with the big red Indian Chief sign above the door.

She waited patiently for the pharmacist to give her some attention, but he was too busy at this moment.
    Tess twisted her feet to make a scuffing noise. Nothing. She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound she could muster. No good.. Finally she took a quarter from her jar and banged it on the glass counter. That did it!

'And what do you want?' the pharmacist asked in an annoyed tone of voice. I'm talking to my brother from Chicago whom I haven't seen in ages,' he said without waiting for a reply to his question.

'Well, I want to talk to you about my brother,' Tess answered back in the same annoyed tone. 'He's really, really sick....and I want to buy a miracle.'

'I beg your pardon?' said the pharmacist.

'His name is Andrew and he has something bad growing inside his head and my Daddy says only a miracle can save him now. So how much does a miracle cost?'

'We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry but I can't help you,' the pharmacist said, softening a little.

'Listen, I have the money to pay for it. If it isn't enough, I will get
    the rest. Just tell me how much it costs.'

The pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man. He stooped down and asked the little girl, 'What kind of a miracle does your brother need?'

' I don't know,' Tess replied with her eyes welling up. I just know he's really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can't pay for it, so I want to use my money.'

'How much do you have?' asked the man from Chicago .

'One dollar and eleven cents,' Tess answered barely audible.

'And it's all the money I have, but I can get some more if I need to.'

'Well, what a coincidence,' smiled the man. 'A dollar and eleven cents---the exact price of a miracle for little brothers.'

He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he grasped her mitten and said 'Take me to where you live. I want
    to see your brother and meet your parents. Let's see if I have the miracle you need.'

That well-dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon,
    specializing in neuro-surgery. The operation was completed free of charge and it wasn't long until Andrew was home again and doing well.

Mom and Dad were happily talking about the chain of events that had led them to this place.

'That surgery,' her Mom whispered. 'was a real miracle. I wonder how much it would have cost?'

Tess smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost...one dollar and eleven cents.....plus the faith of a little child.

In our lives, we never know how many miracles we will need.

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law.

My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I had an experience today and I want to give God thanks for His protection. I was visiting someone today who lives in a walk up stairway that is very narrow, and on the 5th floor. After leaving their apartment & walking down 3 floors, a pit bull dog was sitting at the bottom of the step. The hall was so narrow that the dog filled the space. I did not see this dog until we were facing each other; I heard him growl before I saw him.

I stopped, and quietly and slowly walked back up to the 5th floor and knocked on the person's door that I had been visiting with. The dog did not move or try to follow me. When I told the person what happened, he said it was his neighbor's dog, and pointed to an apartment that was above his 5th floor apartment.

I knocked on his neighbor's door and asked her to remove the dog from the hallway so I could leave. The person I visited said this neighbor has done this before, and different resident's have even called the police. Unbelievable.

I give God the glory for His protection. Father I praise you and love you, and thank you for being a very present help in our time of need. LORD continue to minister healing and provision to all those on the prayer list, and to those who have unspoken needs. Amen.
    What a Might God We Serve!!!!!
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=ropegg;1110588]I feel this was truly a miracle as I think the cow did not 'just' decide she had done enough and walk off. Garry was at the point of death facing him if someone didn't intervene so he called on God for help and got the miracle he was needing.

Amen. When I read Linda's account of what had happened to Garry, this was the sentence that resonated in my spirit, and let me know that God is always in control. He responds when we call upon Him, and I believe that call is not always verbal, but can eminate from a person's spirit in a moment's time.

This passage of scripture from the Prophet Jeremiah had/has the same effect on me of resonating in my spirit, that God is always in control, He is always present, and He really cares enough about us to meet us at our point of need "in a moment's time" or "over time".

Jeremiah (33:2-3) 2 Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is His name;
    3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

God's word is true, it is equally available to all who will trust & obey, because God is no respector of persons. What He will do for one, He will do for others. He is a God of love.

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=burgyeb;1110611]
    Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Garry was at the point of death facing him if someone didn't intervene so he called on God for help and got the miracle he was needing.
    Amen. When I read Linda's account of what had happened to Garry, this was the sentence that resonated in my spirit, and let me know that God is always in control. He responds when we call upon Him, and I believe that call is not always verbal, but can eminate from a person's spirit in a moment's time.

This passage of scripture from the Prophet Jeremiah had/has the same effect on me of resonating in my spirit, that God is always in control, He is always present, and He really cares enough about us to meet us at our point of need "in a moment's time" or "over time".

Jeremiah (33:2-3) 2 Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is His name;
    3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

God's word is true, it is equally available to all who will trust & obey, because God is no respector of persons. What He will do for one, He will do for others. He is a God of love.
    Praise God!!! The word is true & I rejoice with you all in the testimonies on this thread! Thanks Ava, just love the Word!

There's a testimony I want to share:

As some of you know I've been struggling financially; thanks for prayers btw....

I was in one of those debates as to where my home church was suppose to be for quite some time. I decided to leave it in God's hands & trust He shows me the way. Now, keep in mind that through all this, I've been sleeping well & had total & complete peace that all will be well.

Before I knew where I was going to be, I received a few phone calls, back to back from 3 different sisters in the Church stating they've been thinking about me & kept me in prayer. I thanked God for that right away..

same day I was walking from the living room to the bedroom & heard the mail slot; my son & I saw an envelope drop to the floor. He gave me the envelope & went to the window & just saw a dark car drive off. I opened the envelope & started counting, £20, £40,.. £100, £120...£200, £220, £240... £300 in cash was the total in the envelope with words stating He hears your cry... well, that was it; I was crying for Joy while my son Kevin's eyes was open wide with the mouth to match...

It wouldn't matter to me who left it; as far as I was concerned, it was God! But I found out who dropped the money off & she said, 'to God be the glory & we'll talk nothing more of it'.

Now, God laid on her heart to also help me to move the stock that's in my living room [13 boxes shoes/boots, 1 box of velvet clothing, 6ft cast iron clothes rail filled with gorgeous clothes]; so no Christmas decs yet - well, it was laid on her heart to help me to advertise & to set up a fashion show type event in the neighborhood + she got an ok from the pastor to do it!

That's not all; I've may have mentioned this a while back but the shop on the high street that will be shared between me & 2 other clothes retailers will be open soon due to the generous giving of a local gov't body that help new businesses & existing businesses to grow! The shop will be open soon on one of the busiest high streets near the water front in northeast england!

Look at God move!! I'll say it again: What a Mighty God we serve!! Praise God for that Word mentioned; Jeremiah (33:2-3)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=sofiag1964;1110631]
    Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post

Praise God!!! The word is true & I rejoice with you all in the testimonies on this thread! Thanks Ava, just love the Word!

There's a testimony I want to share:

As some of you know I've been struggling financially; thanks for prayers btw....

I was in one of those debates as to where my home church was suppose to be for quite some time. I decided to leave it in God's hands & trust He shows me the way. Now, keep in mind that through all this, I've been sleeping well & had total & complete peace that all will be well.

Before I knew where I was going to be, I received a few phone calls, back to back from 3 different sisters in the Church stating they've been thinking about me & kept me in prayer. I thanked God for that right away..

same day I was walking from the living room to the bedroom & heard the mail slot; my son & I saw an envelope drop to the floor. He gave me the envelope & went to the window & just saw a dark car drive off. I opened the envelope & started counting, £20, £40,.. £100, £120...£200, £220, £240... £300 in cash was the total in the envelope with words stating He hears your cry... well, that was it; I was crying for Joy while my son Kevin's eyes was open wide with the mouth to match...

It wouldn't matter to me who left it; as far as I was concerned, it was God! But I found out who dropped the money off & she said, 'to God be the glory & we'll talk nothing more of it'.

Now, God laid on her heart to also help me to move the stock that's in my living room [13 boxes shoes/boots, 1 box of velvet clothing, 6ft cast iron clothes rail filled with gorgeous clothes]; so no Christmas decs yet - well, it was laid on her heart to help me to advertise & to set up a fashion show type event in the neighborhood + she got an ok from the pastor to do it!

That's not all; I've may have mentioned this a while back but the shop on the high street that will be shared between me & 2 other clothes retailers will be open soon due to the generous giving of a local gov't body that help new businesses & existing businesses to grow! The shop will be open soon on one of the busiest high streets near the water front in northeast england!

Look at God move!! I'll say it again: What a Mighty God we serve!! Praise God for that Word mentioned; Jeremiah (33:2-3)
    WOW! What A Mighty God We Serve! What An Awesome God We Serve! We serve a God who cares about the whole person. Being made in His image (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) we are spiritual beings, we are housed in physical bodies, and we have a soul (mind, emotions, psyche). We are impacted & impact our environment; we have social, economic, & a myriad of needs.

If a person hurts in any one of these or more areas God cares. He moves to bring healing, restoration, and life to any area of our lives that is threatened by destruction, as we trust & reach out to Him.

I'm thankful to God for moving in Sophia's life with such an awesome financial blessing; and helping her to find His place of worship.

Praise God for moving in such a mighty way in our midst through all of the great praise reports.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sofiag1964 View Post
    hi all; Keeping all of you in my prayers & have made a point to start coming in here on a regular basis. First, thing; this may sound very, very silly, but can each of you either pm me your first names or post on here your ebid name & your first name; when someone says jan, ava & such I get everyone all muddled up.. & when I post to someone, I want to say your name [sounds silly?];

but in any case... you are all in my prayers for those who are hurting, recovering, healing of all sorts & praising God for recovered money for the kids

I don't remember if I've mentioned before that I wasn't in a church for a while but I'm now back to church where I was when I first moved here to UK from usa; it's my home church & was welcomed warmly by everyone. I'm a part of a ministry within the community so I wasn't away from other Christians but I missed my church & am back now praise God!

love u & will be back later to tomorrow to read posts & prayer etc...

love,
    sofi
    I can't see that anyone has answered your question about names so I will start and if anyone else want they can quote and add their names.

youmeus=Linda & Garry

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    Heart cath is done on Rene'...Praise God, there are no blockages. They are saying something about Sleep Apnea....don't know how all this comes together. Thanks to all for your prayers.
    hello beloved! I don't know if I missed any more updates but has anyone heard or know how Rene is doing? Of course the prayers have gone up & they''re answered; I was just wondering..

God bless!
    love,
    sofia

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I can't see that anyone has answered your question about names so I will start and if anyone else want they can quote and add their names.

youmeus=Linda & Garry
    awww bless u! yes, I received a pm but here is great; thank you Linda & Garry! I thank God you're here... i love the nick; youmeus... very cute! thanks Linda/Garry

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

I'm off here for the night blessed ones; getting my clothes ready for church tomorrow!

You're all in my thoughts & prayers. Praise God for your fellowship & being there for one another & to those who come in for an ear to listen, a heart to love & open arms in welcome with hugs..

Good night all! May He keep you safe from all harm seen & unseen; let no weapons form against to prosper in the name of Jesus! Grace & peace to all as you sleep

Thread Information