Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    This summer has been a time of Trials and Praises. If we do any complaining then we should be ready with a praise.

The weather has been unusually wet and we have not been able to get the farm/ranch work done as smoothly as we would like. This week we are not supposed to get any rain until Friday so are hurrying to get hay made while the sun shines!

One of my son's father-in-law was broadsided by a deer as he rode his motorcycle and only lived 4 days. Our daughter-in-law (of 20 years) is closer to us than before.

My 90 year old father-in-law passed away Aug 10th. About 3 hours before his passing he groaned and I ask what he needed and he said he wanted to go home. We talked about getting stronger. In a few minutes he did the same thing and pointed up and said "I want to go home", he said there was a hole in the ceiling. I fed him supper which he ate real good and talked to me. 20 minutes later he was gone. He had lived in his own home until 20 days before going HOME.
    sorry for your loss and take comfort in knowing that he is Home also the blessing of your relationship with your daughter inlaw is fantastic

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh what a lovely thread to find here!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Hi Madelaine; good to see you

Hi all; I just received my daily email from worthy ministries and this made me laugh; I hope you enjoy it as well

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Did you ever hear the story of the 300lb man who went to his preacher and said, "Preacher, I'm so depressed. I've tried to lose weight and I can't! I can't even get a date. I feel like an outcast in society. Can you help me?"

So the preacher replies, "Well, I think I can. Go home and be ready at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning."

At exactly 8:00 the next morning the doorbell rings and the man opens the door expecting the preacher to be there. But instead, there stands a beautiful girl dressed in a sleek jogging outfit who says to him, "The preacher says that if you can catch me -- I'm yours." Then she takes off running. Well, this guy takes off after her, huffing and puffing, but of course, because of his bulk, he can't catch her.

This goes on every morning for 6 months...she's there at the door, and he chases her, eventually loosing 125 pounds. Finally, trimmed down and toned up, one day, he almost catches her. So, he eagerly awaits the following morning, filled with anticipation believing he can actually do it! The next morning he rings the doorbell, the door opens...and there stands a 300 lb woman, who says to him, "The preacher says that if I can catch you, you're mine!"

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

Praise Report! After a long time searching for work; my 20 yr old son got a job!! woo hoooo!!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sofiag1964 View Post
    Hi Madelaine; good to see you

Hi all; I just received my daily email from worthy ministries and this made me laugh; I hope you enjoy it as well

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Did you ever hear the story of the 300lb man who went to his preacher and said, "Preacher, I'm so depressed. I've tried to lose weight and I can't! I can't even get a date. I feel like an outcast in society. Can you help me?"

So the preacher replies, "Well, I think I can. Go home and be ready at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning."

At exactly 8:00 the next morning the doorbell rings and the man opens the door expecting the preacher to be there. But instead, there stands a beautiful girl dressed in a sleek jogging outfit who says to him, "The preacher says that if you can catch me -- I'm yours." Then she takes off running. Well, this guy takes off after her, huffing and puffing, but of course, because of his bulk, he can't catch her.

This goes on every morning for 6 months...she's there at the door, and he chases her, eventually loosing 125 pounds. Finally, trimmed down and toned up, one day, he almost catches her. So, he eagerly awaits the following morning, filled with anticipation believing he can actually do it! The next morning he rings the doorbell, the door opens...and there stands a 300 lb woman, who says to him, "The preacher says that if I can catch you, you're mine!"
    I liked this, you never know what form motivation will take!

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

LOL

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I liked this, you never know what form motivation will take!
    I wish I could be motivated to get off these forums and get some listings done I thank God every day for his love and patience with me

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penny291 View Post
    I wish I could be motivated to get off these forums and get some listings done I thank God every day for his love and patience with me
    Chase me, that's what I'm going to do right now! If you catch me you will do yours too. Come on, let's list!

I liked that post about the preacher & the praise report about Sofia's son. I have a son also that I'd like to see working. He does do the online markets, but he's reclusive so I'd like to see him socialize in a regular job setting. Would also like to see him married. Maybe I'll have the preacher pay him a visit too.

Now seriously, I'm off to do some listing in my newest store (Shore Antiques Collectibles). Ariverderche! Adeos! Good Bye!

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

LOL... apennyforluck; you're too much
    burgyeb; we want the best for our kids don't we; hopefully he will get into a job setting or social setting where he wouldn't be as reclusive; does he do well on the online markets?
    My son will start work in september; we celebrated by watching a dvd and some popcorn; [i really need to get out more]; but I tell you what; spending that time with him and his girlfriend was priceless; we really enjoyed that time together and I will cherish it always

Thread Information